Pipefitter jobs

Fittersteve

Hey guys, just wondering if any Fitters out there on layoff, or back to production have heard about any jobs in Zone 2. Wayne? Dearborn Truck? Any info would be great. How many are off? Sorta feeling like a mushroom....

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Fittersteve

Hey guys, just wondering if any Fitters out there on layoff, or back to production have heard about any jobs in Zone 2. Wayne? Dearborn Truck? Any info would be great. How many are off? Sorta feeling like a mushroom....

Thanks

Steve

Were you aware of the openings at Chicago?

IMO, there won't be many postings for skilled trades until after the buyouts are near completion.

The bigger question is How will the P/F shortage be fill at Chicago Assembly? Will they be hired off the street or will they be forced through the hierarchy?

Do you happen to know how many fitters they still need after the posting?

How does forcing through the hierarchy work ? Thanks.

High seniority on I.L.O. would bump low seniority that is working in both zones 1 & 2 to Chicago. But IMO the Union will not go in this direction and will not hire off the street until all fitters are back to work. So i'm sure the Union is hoping like hell that the "Buyouts" will make enough room for everyone so it becomes a non-issue.

Edited by EvilTwin

High seniority on I.L.O. would bump low seniority that is working in both zones 1 & 2 to Chicago. But IMO the Union will not go in this direction and will not hire off the street until all fitters are back to work. So i'm sure the Union is hoping like hell that the "Buyouts" will make enough room for everyone so it becomes a non-issue.

Why would the bump be exclusive to zones 1 & 2? Are there any pipefitters laid off in other zones that could excersise this option? I know it is seniority based but Michigan cannot be the only zone that has pipefitters on layoff.

Why would the bump be exclusive to zones 1 & 2? Are there any pipefitters laid off in other zones that could excersise this option? I know it is seniority based but Michigan cannot be the only zone that has pipefitters on layoff.

Sorry, the bump is not confined only to zone 1&2. It would be company wide with zone 1&2 combined into a single zone for this step only.

Gonna lose 10 at Livonia this year, starting this month.

Steve, if you're talking about ppl leaving thru buyouts & retirements, we won't know for sure how many ppl will actually leave until the end of this year (in all the plants).

As has been the case with every round of buyouts/retirement programs, some ppl do the math and decide it's better for them to keep working.

Steve, if you're talking about ppl leaving thru buyouts & retirements, we won't know for sure how many ppl will actually leave until the end of this year (in all the plants).

As has been the case with every round of buyouts/retirement programs, some ppl do the math and decide it's better for them to keep working.

We may lose a couple to retirements, however the 10 I'm talking about are Layoffs.