Toyota to redouble quality efforts

"Given our rapid expansion, there is a need to strengthen the various quality processes,"

Welcome to the world of being obsessed with selling the most cars so you can say you did....

I hope this stuff is getting out so that people see it other then the ones who look for this sort of thing. A Ford taiwan-market only vehicle has a recall and its on CNN.

I wonder what they are going to do when they build 150,000 too many Tundras

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WORKS FOR TOYOTA IN THE PRINCETON,INDIANA PLANT. THEY BUILD THE TUNDRA'S AND MINIVANS -- HE WANTS ALL OF THE FORD AND GM WORKERS TO KNOW THAT FIRST --- TOYOTA LAID OFF 24 PEOPLE LAST WEEK -- THAT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE ALOT BUT IT IS THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE HAD A LAY-OFF SINCE THE 1950'S !!! ALSO THEIR ORDER BANK IS AS BAD IF NOT WORSE THAN OURS !! YET THEY WANT TO KEEP PUMPING THEM OUT !! HE HATES IT THERE AND WISHES THAT HE COULD BE LIKE ME AND WORK AT A UAW PLANT !! HE HAS BEEN THERE OVER 5 YEARS AND SAYS THAT IT IS ALL ABOUT NUMBERS -- NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT QUALITY THEY DON'T THINK THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL MIND AS MUCH IF IT IS FORD OR GM !!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE HERES TO THE BEST BUILT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD !!HAHAHAHAHA

I find the statement "redouble" efforts to be curious. When did they double them before? Why didn't that work? Why are they having to "re" double it? I thought we were supposed to be bowing to the almighty foreign companies that can do it better then the Americans.

I'm just grinning ear to ear to read this stuff. So when they get into the same position as the Americans are/have been, it's just different somehow. Ha, serves tehm right.

Wish I could find the quote where some Toyota manager referred to their last big recall as an "opportunity to improve." :hysterical:

I know you are going to think I sound like a nut of some sort, but that's the attitude you gotta have when you are against the wall. That's the attitude Ford and GM have to have if they are to right the ship.

Nick, that quote is from Jim Press, the loose cannon now in charge of Toyota NA:

"Recalls are an example of opportunities we have sometimes where we can make repairs to cars before customers have failures,"

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...391/1148/AUTO01

More stupid Press remarks? I've cataloged several off-the-cuff howlers

http://blueovalblogs.com/blogs/?p=45

Edited by RichardJensen

AutoExtremist takes Jim Press to the woodshed for pegging the bullsh_t meter.

I can't believe the import crowd eats this sh_t up. Are they really that, umm, challenged? :drool:

Not only does the import crowd eat it up, they go out and spread it around for the rest of us to smell.

Toyota's Recall Problem

Edited by range

A few more of these recalls will not dramatically change many people's opinion of Toyota. However, the ball is in motion now, and some might pause a bit.

If anything, it gives Ford and GM supporters something to counter the "Toyota is infallible" arguments.

im not so much a ford or GM supporter more than i am a american middle class supporter