map trades , very little to be added.

uawfactoryrat

I know few people overthere on the line. The numbers needed for 3 crew are nowhere what they should be. They are adding half or sometime less than they need to run for 3rd crew.

Seems union has no teeth overthere, tradeschair refers all questions to committeeman?

Can anyone confer this who works there.

Huh?

I know few people overthere on the line. The numbers needed for 3 crew are nowhere what they should be. They are adding half or sometime less than they need to run for 3rd crew.

Seems union has no teeth overthere, tradeschair refers all questions to committeeman?

In the words of Oliver North ................."I have no recollection!"

MAP is adding a shift. That means they need extra heads. That is good. The trades working in production over there will have the new openings to fill, $100,000 retirement backfill, Electrician reskill from $100,000 retirements and Steam reskill from the $100,000 retirements plus whoever wants the $50,000 buy down.

We should all get back to our tools or at least reskill under this negotiated event. My committee told me $100,000 buyouts are near the 400 mark system wide. That is 300 more than what I thought would leave. The uaw somehow knew this was the only way to get us back with the huge incentive and reskill opportunities. (thanks uaw)

The retirement eligible know this is the last buyout push because the uaw got it to the 6 digit ($100,000) mark to get us back to our tools and I dont expect another round

Can we expect the $100,000 incentive to hit the 500 mark with 3 weeks left to sign up?

Edited by tooltime

Possibilities at MAP would include at least 25 trades added for the 3rd shift and 25 trades signing up for the $100,000 incentive. Then reskilling for steam and electric. This MAP manpower need could easily produce 60+ openings. I dont know anyone at ISA to get input but if they add 25 heads from 3rd shift and retirements could generate 30+ openings at ISA. That is nearly 100 new possible trades openings at Wayne alone.

Possibilities at MAP would include at least 25 trades added for the 3rd shift and 25 trades signing up for the $100,000 incentive. Then reskilling for steam and electric. This MAP manpower need could easily produce 60+ openings. I dont know anyone at ISA to get input but if they add 25 heads from 3rd shift and retirements could generate 30+ openings at ISA. That is nearly 100 new possible trades openings at Wayne alone.

Tooltime check your numbers they are not even close at Map. Look at the millwrights alone. They have been covering the six millwrights they where short with temps. When Map goes to four crew they are putting on six permanent millwrights, zero gain.

That is what us employees call the other building. I was Wayne assy. Their are going to be kitting jobs going into that building,it will be apart of MAP but, to us it will always be Wayne. Also part of that building is used by the body shop for building so, we call it north body. The work to bring back up that building is still in process.

Edited by Michigander

Last up date we got this week was,adding production people only to the WAP,to do the kitting jobs. Us skilled people will be dispatched from MAP to do repairs and,run as needed. So, we will be traveling in between the plants, to do our jobs. Not sure how they are going to work the north body shop. We have one local but 2 separate unions, 2 chairmen, committee people and,production people. Something I have never seen before.

Last up date we got this week was,adding production people only to the WAP,to do the kitting jobs. Us skilled people will be dispatched from MAP to do repairs and,run as needed. So, we will be traveling in between the plants, to do our jobs. Not sure how they are going to work the north body shop. We have one local but 2 separate unions, 2 chairmen, committee people and,production people. Something I have never seen before.

Hey michigander I'm supposed to be on the list for call in , can you give me a contact person or number to see where I'm at according to IUAW I'm number 2 on the regional list.