Absenteeism?

truthbtold

Our attendance procedure is the first few pages of volume 4 of the International Agreement. It would take a weeks of unjustified time off to get terminated. Use of justified time off including FMLA could get us off the job for months.

How in the hell can someone get terminated with all of these opportunities to excuse time off???

you make it sound easy to get time off. i put in for a day off a month in advance.... sorry, we can only let two people off on any given day.... really? yes.

you make it sound easy to get time off. i put in for a day off a month in advance.... sorry, we can only let two people off on any given day.... really? yes.

I was informed last week to not bother asking for any day in november. we're only allowed 1 person off on our line, i put in for a day 2 months ahead and was denied because 1 other person had it off.. awesome contract language.

Seems we always get screwed one way or another on B crew. If we can run on a skeleton crew why cant A and C crew give up some of their extra people to B crew to even out the shifts???

Then maybe people can actually get a day off when they request it.

Because A and C have 3-4 people leaving every day upon request to leave cause they have extra people on the line. Many times I walk in really early and see 2-3 people walking out that I know, I ask them walking buy "Extra people today?" they always smile and say "yea" as they walk buy. I know I used to do this at another plant I worked at, we used to have 2 extra people everyday on our line, the company loves this when you volunteer to leave they save the money.