Keith Olbermann out of Work... Again

USA Today

In a letter from Current's founders to viewers, former Vice President Al Gore and Joel Hyatt commented on the dismissal, saying the network was "founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately, these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it."

Olbermann released a response on Twitter, disputing their statement and promising legal action against them. He says Gore and Hyatt failed to abide by obligations to invest in "a quality news program" and thought it was more economical to try to get out of Olbermann's contract.

"In due course, the truth of the ethics of Mr. Gore and Mr. Hyatt will come out. For now, it is important only to again acknowledge that joining them was a sincere and well-intentioned gesture on my part, but in retrospect a foolish one," Olbermann said.

Olbermann also had an abrupt split at his last TV home, MSNBC, in January 2011. Details were hammered out so quickly that he told his staff of the break-up during a commercial break of what would become his final show on the cable news network.

• Like 2

For a long while I enjoyed Olberman's show on MSNBC, but there was a point that he went off the ledge. It seemed he used the show to express his personal hatred for Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity and Fox in general, not that they didn't need someone calling them out on the half truths, misinformation, propaganda and out right lies they were spreading, it's just that Olberman took it too far.

Edited by transitman
  • Like 2

Where are all the Glenn Beck haters right now? Beck might not be on Fox anymore, but at least he wasn't fired. Unlike Obama's puppet Keith "Bathtub Boy" Olbermann who has now been fired from two very left leaning networks in the last year. Not a surprise, Obama has been the cause of plenty of job loss, seeing someone else who supported him out of work is music to my ears

• Like 4

It probably won't be very long before everybody at Current is looking for work. From what I have read, cable providers have been dropping them left and right.

I'd be curious to know what cable providers ever had that channel and where they're located. I travel a good bit, and never encountered it.

I'd be curious to know what cable providers ever had that channel and where they're located. I travel a good bit, and never encountered it.

I'm pretty sure Comcast had it for some time and still might in some areas. I haven't had to deal with them though since 2006, thankfully. Verizon FiOS might have it too, but if it's a standard def channel I'd never know it exists. I rarely wander from the realm of high definition. :shades:

Edited by NickF1011

Welcome back. Olberman is an ass and so is Beck.

How long till you get kicked off again?

You'll be at -5000, the Moderator will have told you you are downright stupid again, and they will have edited your post because of it is completely pointless. Oh wait, that will mean it should happen by the end of the week.

• Like 3

and you'll be banned again. So?

at least i'm not like you. See there's always an upside, a silver lining.

By the way nice profile pic. Is that the one they asked you to remove and when you didn't got you suspended?

You're not like any one. You have the worst rating in here, the Mods have called you stupid, and they edited your posts because you bring nothing to the table.

You are a complete and utter waste of bandwidth. And more importantly, a waste of oxygen.

• Like 2