Ford Workers at Sandusky ACH plant

buckize

In comparision to a UAW-Ford facility not even close....

UAW Ford is the best place to work period.

Staying at Sandusky is a big mistake. Stay with Ford for the benefit of your good wages and benefits. No way will flexingate ever compare to UAW-Ford. Ever

Big risk in leaving the job security, pay and benefits of UAW Ford.

Signing on with any new company and leaving UAW-Ford is not a brilliant decision

Anytime! I am hearing they are thinking about having a 3 day work week too.

They are a company who has there employee's best interest at heart.

General. With 3000 posts, would be shocked if ten were at all insightful. Does it just make you feel good to see the general on the big blue forum. This forum is a tool, not about being one. I am sure your plant is proud to have you.

Big risk in leaving the job security, pay and benefits of UAW Ford.

Signing on with any new company and leaving UAW-Ford is not a brilliant decision

A deal was reached on thursday and still nothing from union about any details. The companyand union had a year to do a deal, we will be lucky to get a week

Does it look like the membership is being rairoaded by the (union/company) ?

Did the bargaining "team" do what's best for the dues paying members, or for the (international/company) ?

Probably gonna be tough to find out what they were promised in exchange for this " deal ".

Does it look like the membership is being rairoaded by the (union/company) ?

Did the bargaining "team" do what's best for the dues paying members, or for the (international/company) ?

Probably gonna be tough to find out what they were promised in exchange for this " deal ".

The UAW did what it took to save your jobs. Most companies just come in and tell everybody that they have to interview. If a decision is made to hire you then you are not different than any other new hire.

Hey Fisher,

It comes down to 2 options:

Stay with the new company or sign up while postings are available at a Ford location.

You can spin drama like any Diva but there is a decision to make. IMO, you are crazy if you stay with the new company

The final two groups of people being brought in at MAP for C-crew are going to be temps because, from what I've heard, they'll be holding the place for ACH workers. I'm not sure exactly how many people are going to be in those final two groups, but I imagine it would be at least 100 combined (Every groups up until now has had around 100 or more people in them). Sounds like MAP expects to be receiving a fair number of ACH transfers. It will be interesting to see how that all works out. Could work out in the favor of those temps if MAP doesn't get the expected number of ACH people as it could lead to some of those temps being hired permanently.