Reality Is Setting In Here At CAP

Decker

All the OT? A shift went between 9.3 and 9.8 all week. It was a SWW for most. I'm sure they can get called for A or B shift. I have been called for both C and B shift. Also like I said before, when the heat starts and the lines get to full speed, non stop, there will be people leaving and open spots on all three shifts.

Very true they will call anybody who wants to work when short handed as long as that line will run they don't care who works or how many hours they work!

• Like 1

Just always remember if they call you to come in its cause they need you so tell them only way you will come in is if they pay you the full shift and if they say No, then tell them u not coming in and they will change there mind real quick.

Never go in and not get paid full shift.

• Like 1

I've never been fired, the green room is LABOR RELATIONS.In CAP.

"The Green House" refered to LRO, when it was up on the roof. Here at CAP. The label has stuck over the years even after LRO moved twice.

Dam, thats Old Folks talk.... you`ve been around a while, long forker.

fmccap, I agree wait till July and August.... On a daily basis I hear our trades members stating over and over, the "burner is OFF"... the "blowers are ON".... and the best one "NO there is NO Air Conditioning!!!!" and that is in responce to the new management people.

Decker

1 of the 1788

• 3 weeks later...

AWS is the first step toward the elimination or reduction in overtime. Once the right number of 2 teir workers are in place there will no longer be 6 figure factory workers. Yes that's what we are, factory workers who are earning between $70,000 to $150,000 a year. Next contract the 20% rule for total 2nd teir will be removed or upped to 30% or 50%. This is a slow but sure process to ensure NO MORE overtime. So we all need to get ready for it. A process has been started, one contract at a time. Little by little, contract by contract. Down, Down. Down. A race to the bottom.

Does anyone see any thing on the global economic scene that would lead you to beleive the UAW will be in a position of strength in the next 20 years? This is longterm strategic planning by the big three and the UAW is powerless to do anything to stop it. When they said Delphi was the beginning of the end.........They were right.

I have worked at Ford for 20 years & have never made 70,000 in one year. Once in the 90's I came close at 67,000. Where do you people work & how could anyone possibly make 150,000?

I made over 70k on the assembly line at NAP. Lots of overtime and Saturdays. In maintenance it was hard to make less than 100k under the old work schedule. It is now a race to the bottom(2 tier wage scale). With a two shift plant you could adjust production with overtime based on demand. Not possible while running three shifts. As soon as demand weakens look out!

Had to come back, missed u decker!

I don`t know about missing anyone but I do miss your way of running and/or controling some of the posts. In the way that only the General can.

It was some time ago but I remember you had someone all tied up in knots and the person was all but, kicking and scratching at every post. and the responce that had me rolling on the floor was " bow down to me..." All I could see, was this person sitting there reading your responce with the top of their head blowing wide open... :hysterical2: .

Now thats entertainment!!!! Keep up the great work. I see your handy work on the Ontario thread, Dam your good. Or should I say "Sir, dam your good, Sir"

Decker

1 of the 1788

Yea I remember that post and I pictured the same thing I think that poster realized he was beating a dead horse!! He was close to being on KP duty til he shaped up and realized The General was in charge of that topic!

Yea got those OAC guys all in an uproar!

I speak knowledge and they can't handle it.

Once again, GLAD your back!!!

Can't find many explorers on the lot, do I need to come over there and straighten things out

We seem to be doing the storage lot shuffle again... as long as they have 4 wheels on them push them off the line. (fix it later) Sometimes even the wheels are the wrong ones. But hell, got the numbers we need!!!! We are shipping the darn things 24 hours a day. It is a really good unit. Everybody seems to like it and though the Jeep looks just like it we keep out selling the Jeep. The new Explorer Sport really looks good and the big V6 really makes it move. I like it. The new 2013.5 Taurus turbo I4 is interesting too. It moves great for being a 4 banger. The gas mileage will sell itself on this one. Sure hope the management team dosen`t screw it up....

Because if they start to screw things up.... i know who to call ! He has straightened out stupid shit before. The... General!!!

Decker

1 of the 1788

Wake up Decker! That assembly line is still running for one more week!

Thanks General, for the wake up call.

We have more work then we know how to repair.... park`em here.. park`em there.... Strong possibility no down week for the north end of the plant.

But, I`ll make that money now, then head down to see Mom and Dad, then back out west !!!! I love being able to call the shots on all my time off. Brings back found memories. Back when the place was full of kids working the summer before heading back to school. When their time was up and school was calling, many had the same thoughts.... Dam!!! how do those people do that shit EVERYDAY!!!!! FOREVER???

Now, things are different they dont come in for just the summer. No they have high hopes. But, for a large group of them they didn`t wait till the end of summer.... nope, they had the same thoughts as those kids back in the day, "Dam!!! how do those people do that shit EVERYDAY!!! FOREVER???then it only took a day or two to come up... MIA.. We see some movement to opening up the gates and letting another heard in to see if they like our surroundings. I have heard that NO ONE in the Trades wants to come to CAP so we are doing the next best thing, they sent some cowboys out to the Tinley Hospital to round up a heard of the inmates and bring`em back.

But, all and all things are running normal for CAP. Yep, its kinda like a horse race, "slow to decide" is closing in on "EyeDoeNo" but "Slippery Stupid" is leading by a head....

How`s things working out at your beloved place of employment?

Decker

still thankful to have a job...

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

Oh yeah, one other thing General, if you know anyone at DTP thats wants to be a supper dupper supervisor... the call has gone out again. The postings have been put up all over the plant. CAP`s HR is considering anyone......

If you would consider starting at 39K and can say "eyedoeno" you to could be apart of the few, the proud, and the brave souls that want to lead CAP into the..... abiss

Time to repair the donuts!!!

Decker

1 of the 1788

Hey Decker . . . Don't be concerned about pushing those units out the door and bringing them back into repair. . . We do the same at the DTP. . . It's been heard by visiting vendors that they think our units are HAND BUILT and are considering buying one.

Hey Decker,

How come people on here hate me for speaking the truth?

Sir, General, Sir.

I don`t think it is hate as in "dam I wish the General would just ....?" I don`t think it`s hate, like in, I just dont like the General because he is "Black, White, Muslim or Jew" or any number of the other completely senseless hateful reasons. I mean, really this is a blind type of medium. Can`t see a face and even if someone posts a face well, is it the true face of the poster? or what ever we are called that write to this board....

As for the hating of what you post? the truth? Well, if that is the case you are in some really good company. They (meaning in general and not the General, Sir) hated what Lincoln had to say. They hated what Martin had to say. Then there was the hate from their own people and supporters. There was a much loved Rabbi in N.Y. that many thought of as one of great knowledge and was held very high by almost everyone of his Temple members. But, there were those that thought the Rabbi spoke the truth to often and sometimes spoke of things that some of his fellow Jews thought could bring the membership of his Temple to much attention or would ade those that would do them harm. So yes even the Rabbi was hated to some extent by his own people.

So General I can not say why people hate, people do at times, things that have no common sence or reason. On this board we all have our fans and well lets just say "non" fans. This brings me back to your question. Hate because of the truth....

I really believe its not hate, in its turest form. Irritating, to some maybe. The ability to touch someones sore spot. Or maybe the way a response is worded, can bring out a little resentment..... But, Hate? naa I don`t thik so.

Now to others your exchanges with BigForker and LongCountry can be real entertaining. But I think they may see or feel just a little resentment or the ictching of some irritating exchanges and you have it down to a science when it comes to that touching of those sore spots....

So after filling to many lines of this post with good old fashion and boring....reason. To hell with the hate talk General!!!! take NO prisoners!!!! Touch all those sore spots!!! Make`em itch with your type of irritant!!!

Your..... THE GENERAL!!!!

Waiting to be entertained :yahoo:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Hey Decker . . . Don't be concerned about pushing those units out the door and bringing them back into repair. . . We do the same at the DTP. . . It's been heard by visiting vendors that they think our units are HAND BUILT and are considering buying one.

DTPrt !!! I never thought of it that way!!! maybe the boys and girls in marketing can work with your idea "HAND MADE" oh yah, I can see it now..... "Ford... Hand Built Your Way"

Outstanding!!! idea DTPrt

Decker

1 of the 1788