VACADICULOUS!!

duhblow7

What's the deal with the vacation scheduling....Having to sign up a year in advance is ridiculous. Then, we get denied our vacation when there are a few people off at the same time?? Did we agree to this ignorance? I could understand if they needed a couple weeks notice so they could schedule overtime, but this is over the top. Most Ford employees are hard workers and have earned their vacation time. We should be able to take time off when the need arises. I have 20 fellow Electricians on my shift, so only two of us can take off at any given time. I have worked at Ford for 20 years and now I have to hope that they will let me off when I need a day off??!! It's time to change this policy, because it is RIDICULOUS.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, that is what it is coming to.

DTP agreed in their hideous local agreement that only one person per team may be granted the day off at any given time. Anyone who requests the same day off who is on that team after the first request will be automatically denied.

The company is basically forcing us to AWOL if we want time off. Then the pain of going through Labor to clear is ridiculous as we have to wait for the plethora of people who did the same thing. It all boils down to what the company wants and just how far the union will/can be pushed.

• Like 1

I would talk to my fellow electricians and all call off on a given day. See how well they run then. If you cant run with one of you off, sure as hell cant run with 20 off. Lets get a little solidarity back in our union. So they discipline all of you, and you bend them over again. They will work with you, you just have to train them.

• Like 3

I would talk to my fellow electricians and all call off on a given day. See how well they run then. If you cant run with one of you off, sure as hell cant run with 20 off. Lets get a little solidarity back in our union. So they discipline all of you, and you bend them over again. They will work with you, you just have to train them.

That shit can get you fired buddy

What's the deal with the vacation scheduling....Having to sign up a year in advance is ridiculous. Then, we get denied our vacation when there are a few people off at the same time?? Did we agree to this ignorance? I could understand if they needed a couple weeks notice so they could schedule overtime, but this is over the top. Most Ford employees are hard workers and have earned their vacation time. We should be able to take time off when the need arises. I have 20 fellow Electricians on my shift, so only two of us can take off at any given time. I have worked at Ford for 20 years and now I have to hope that they will let me off when I need a day off??!! It's time to change this policy, because it is RIDICULOUS.

10% of the workforce off on vacation at any one time is normal in any industry. Any higher number would require the company to hire more people that they really do not need. We just went thru a "Right-Sizing" to lower cost and increase profits. In my 25 years with Ford, every plant I have been in has a 10% cap on vacations. IF Trades are now following suit, then you should be happy you didn't have to do so in years past like the rest of the workforce has done. Count your blessings, and quit your bitching about something so damned trivial. And YES, I have always had to schedule early in the year or take whatever is left available that was not scheduled by someone else.

Edited by trailfndr

You all realize contractually the company is only obligated to allow one person off per supervisor(Article IX section 25 c ), going one per team is actually a win of sorts?

Im speaking production of course am not replying to the trades on this post.

Doing a vacation survey is also contractual, maybe read your contract Article IX section 25 might be in order.

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 2

10% of the workforce off on vacation at any one time is normal in any industry. Any higher number would require the company to hire more people that they really do not need. We just went thru a "Right-Sizing" to lower cost and increase profits. In my 25 years with Ford, every plant I have been in has a 10% cap on vacations. IF Trades are now following suit, then you should be happy you didn't have to do so in years past like the rest of the workforce has done. Count your blessings, and quit your bitching about something so damned trivial. And YES, I have always had to schedule early in the year or take whatever is left available that was not scheduled by someone else.

Thank you, I feel much better now knowing that you have been getting screwed over for so many years and taking it silently. I guess I'll do the same. I've been in production and trades and have always had my vacations covered by overtime. We didn't have extra people loitering around to cover vacations....if that's what you've been used to. They still have to cover my vacations with overtime here at KTP so I don't understand why it makes a difference how many are off....and some might agree that getting time off when you want is NOT trivial.

• Like 1