Ciao Durango and Avenger.....

I think the move makes fine sense, you will not have all of that product overlap that they had a few years back when the lineups (Plymouth, Dodge and Chrysler) all had a minivan, midsize, and fullsize and you could buy a Neon as both Plymouth and Dodge which did not even sugar coat the likeness. I think they are headed in the right direction. Especially if they have a plan to bring in a similar size Fiat or Alfa one day.

For size it does, but if they are two completely different cars, unlike the Avenger/200C, it does not. Chrysler did not do too bad on exteriors, but interiors... Maybe they go a different route too, like a C-Seg hatchback.

Well, it should be hoped that Chrysler's interiors overall should improve quite a bit moving forward. Vehicles like the Grand Cherokee and Durango are good indicators of what they are actually capable of.

papilgee4evaeva, on 11 June 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

I don't get it... they're killing the Avenger and giving Dodge the midsize RWD?

Why not give Chrysler the RWD platform?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plan is the smaller rwd Sedan will be the Avenger and it would be platform mates with the Cuda and some Alpha Romeo also Chrysler will introduce the new dohc Pentastar based V8 in one or all cars on the platform. Chrysler was planning on a smaller rwd and smaller v8 car before the BK/Fiat.

Edited by Fgts