Ciao Durango and Avenger.....

Smart move putting the 7-seater with Jeep instead of Dodge. Jeep has much better recognition with it's SUVs and has fantastic high-level trim take rates. If it ain't making money, it doesn't stick around.

Still wondering about the midsize sedan hole in Dodge's lineup (though they will have the large C-sized Dart which Chrysler does not).

I'm still hearing that Avenger-replacement and Barracuda will be coming on a midsize RWD platform. Is that still on, or am I getting old info?

Don't know. A lot of stuff is rumor (duh) but I don't think we'll be seeing a midsize RWD car anytime soon. Could be wrong though.

Smart move putting the 7-seater with Jeep instead of Dodge. Jeep has much better recognition with it's SUVs and has fantastic high-level trim take rates. If it ain't making money, it doesn't stick around.

Still wondering about the midsize sedan hole in Dodge's lineup (though they will have the large C-sized Dart which Chrysler does not).

Did the Avenger ever have any name recognition? At least it seems like Chrysler brand is starting to take shape a bit under Fiat. A new, luxurious CUV along side a more showy 200 and polished 300. Isn't the new Dart a pretty big compact that is somewhat close to mid size as is?

Isn't the new Dart a pretty big compact that is somewhat close to mid size as is?

That's what I was getting at. It's a large C, bigger then most in it's class. Whereas the Avenger was a smaller then average D....the Dart would step all over the current Avenger. Makes sense to get rid of the Avenger and give Chrysler the traditional D class car.

220px-TheAvengers2012Poster.jpg

God, I got dragged to that movie kicking and screaming and hated it. Without Downey being witty along with Ruffalo, the movie would have been a total bore. I did laugh though when Renner ran out of arrows with about another million aliens coming at him. But wait, The Black Widow took them all on and beat them all with her hands and feet. I couldn't even dream that nonsense up. That movie is good reason to end the Avenger car. Thank God the American public has a little more sense about cars than movies which is at best poor story boarded fantasy BS. I'd rather watch talking animals and cars.

• Like 2

Dude - IT'S A COMIC BOOK!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, a comic book for 7 year old's. Like I said, talking animals and cars sound more plausible than this nonsense. And I actually liked some of the early Christoper Reeve Superman movies and some of the early Toby MaGuire Spiderman flicks. CGI has made these latest comic book movies unwatchable for me, although director Christopher Nolan has done a decent job with the latest Batman movies even though I can't stand that voice the actor uses when in Batman mode. So it is possible to make a good "comic book" movie, but IMO "The Avengers" was one of the worst I've ever watched. I'll skip the "The Avengers ll, thank you. Not even wild horses could drag me to that one. And I watched "The Hulk" with Bill Bixby TV show back in the 70's and liked it.

Yeah, a comic book for 7 year old's. Like I said, talking animals and cars sound more plausible than this nonsense. And I actually liked some of the early Christoper Reeve Superman movies and some of the early Toby MaGuire Spiderman flicks. CGI has made these latest comic book movies unwatchable for me, although director Christopher Nolan has done a decent job with the latest Batman movies even though I can't stand that voice the actor uses when in Batman mode. So it is possible to make a good "comic book" movie, but IMO "The Avengers" was one of the worst I've ever watched. I'll skip the "The Avengers ll, thank you. Not even wild horses could drag me to that one. And I watched "The Hulk" with Bill Bixby TV show back in the 70's and liked it.

:salute: Congratulations. You have officially become a grumpy old man.

Edited by NickF1011

Scarlett can look very good in certain movies like she did in Woody Allan's movie about a tennis star set in England, but other times not so much. And her acting skills IMO are so so. One of my favorites now is Morena Baccarin, an American/Brazillian beauty that is an episodic match for Simon Baker in the TV hit, "The Mentalist." She was also the head alien in the remake of TV "V.". She is quite a temptress/actress. I wish she got more work as I had dream about her other night. Her beauty is mesmerizing and I can see why Simon Baker melts on screen in her presence. She definitely turns headsl, but even more just sucks you in. She also had recurring part in that popular TV series Stargate. Trouble is, in today's Hollywood, beauty acting skills, and brains don't get you that far except for a few like the great Meryl Streep.

And there is that Batman foe, Penguin... As in the award.

Back to topic... DODGE Avenger- no surprise.

Durango... I'm surprised by this. I guess towing a house, boat, and a storage trailer while pulling an Explorer (while trying not to catch on fire in a parade) wasn't impressive enough. I think it will make a better Jeep.

Durango... I'm surprised by this. I guess towing a house, boat, and a storage trailer while pulling an Explorer (while trying not to catch on fire in a parade) wasn't impressive enough. I think it will make a better Jeep.

The Durango is a bore in the styling dept....its too watered down and generic (even looks like a minivan from the rear IMO)

As new Jeep model, it should sell in the same numbers at a higher ATP....