Sterling Axle

rebjim

I found out some numbers---877 150+ with over 30yrs. That is a cool stat. That will save a lot of people's job. We will see what happens before Jan 1. Some good news! Take it easy Card-Shark, those people are my friends!

That 877 number means the total number of employees who left over the past year correct? The 150+ also is included in that number. Those people huh? :hysterical::hysterical:

Nothing else to report?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, 877 signed up this time. The 150+ supposedly are 30 and over people. These #s do not include the 400 from earlier this year. I heard that 150 signed up to leave in January. They broke it down, but we have not seen a list yet. No trades numbers yet either. We do have quite a few that were hired off of the street with no return to floor rights. Something to watch. Some of our trades have return to floor rights at V.D. as well.

That is going to be interesting. Has anyone heard anything about the week before Christmas? I heard 49 is scheduled that week 2 shifts, anyone heard that?

I heard today that 49 is out for that week! (maybe just afternoons) also heard 16,19,91,23, :reading: half of dept.75,90,74 :reading:

Edited by Sterling worker

I heard today that 49 is out for the week! (maybe just afternoons) also heard 16,19,91,23, :reading: half of dept.75,90,74 :reading:

I heard today that 49 is out for the week! (maybe just afternoons) also heard 16,19,91,23, :reading: half of dept.75,90,74 :reading:

49 is not off we are working both shifts

Edited by statts

I heard today that dept.49 is out the week of 1-2-07 and not the week of the 12-18-06.... Also heard that the union is redistricting the union reps on afternoons come late Jan early Feb!!!! any one with info on that... also statts sorry about the bad info!!!!! :doh:

well havent heard that,but if it's true it wouldnt be bad info it would be great info!!! because we would get short work week due to monday being a holiday,but we cant get that lucky on days,we are supposed to work as of today,can you come down to 49 i'd love to meet you.

Edited by statts

You have to love the logic in our plant! I heard they tlo'd a shift and a half in dept 40 and then put a schedule up for overtime for those who are working! Somehow they got behind and needed more gearsets. Hope no one at home hears about it! Sounds like the paper will be flying when everyone comes back. Hope everyone has a happy holiday season and good luck in the new year! :fan:

• 4 weeks later...

Well guarddog: What do you think? :lastyear:

Must be nice for people over there to live in the state of Granholm, I mean denial... Hope you read the post on what the 228electrician just posted about Sterling. I guess we were right after all!

Hey "Sterling Axle" One final statement for you...

G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF

(Would you like to buy a vowel?)

And if you are not down with that... I got two words for ya!

SUCK IT!

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Really not much going on. Losing a lot of jobs here pretty soon. With the market testing and Michigan Truck slow down, it is going to hit by April. If you read the other thread the memo says we are losing shafts, tubes, diff. pins, ring blanks and the paint line for the 08/09 F150 only. We will see in the next couple of weeks.

Really not much going on. Losing a lot of jobs here pretty soon. With the market testing and Michigan Truck slow down, it is going to hit by April. If you read the other thread the memo says we are losing shafts, tubes, diff. pins, ring blanks and the paint line for the 08/09 F150 only. We will see in the next couple of weeks.

And it sure helps when people keep parking FOREIGN cars in the parking lots there. I mean... Isn't there enough SAABS? :poke: :lol:

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

• 2 weeks later...

This is what is going on. The union has been given a 30 day extension on the 90 day letter for the market testing. Apparently Todd Fiero wants to get rid of the jobs even though we can make the parts cheaper than the competitor. There was a memo put out by the local a week ago. Hopefully we can keep the work in the plant, that would be great news! Still many rumors out there, but nothing ever happens. Health and safety has written close to 200 grievances over the past few weeks. This will be interesting. Check out the other threads about the plant manager when he was at NAP!

This is what is going on. The union has been given a 30 day extension on the 90 day letter for the market testing. Apparently Todd Fiero wants to get rid of the jobs even though we can make the parts cheaper than the competitor. There was a memo put out by the local a week ago. Hopefully we can keep the work in the plant, that would be great news! Still many rumors out there, but nothing ever happens. Health and safety has written close to 200 grievances over the past few weeks. This will be interesting. Check out the other threads about the plant manager when he was at NAP!

Well bro, I guess your plant manager just quit as I have read other threads... WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING DOWN OVER THERE?

LOOKS TO ME AS THOUGH THAT THE FLOODGATES ARE STARTING TO OPEN BIG TIME. YOU COULDN'T PAY ME $100,000 TO GO BACK TO WORK IN THE MOTHERFUCKER!

• 1 month later...