No Incentives on New Crossovers

This is interesting seeing I am about to turn down getting a great deal on a Volvo V50 2.4i or Possibly a Pontiac Torrent to order a Edge. I'm very very concerned w/ how the Edge will be leasing and I would hate to order one to find out the want $400+ a month.

They also have TONS of 2007 Freestyle's in the lot and these things have NO programs. My lease is due on the 6th and I'm thinking of Extending it or Jumping ship.

Bill

This is interesting seeing I am about to turn down getting a great deal on a Volvo V50 2.4i or Possibly a Pontiac Torrent to order a Edge. I'm very very concerned w/ how the Edge will be leasing and I would hate to order one to find out the want $400+ a month.

They also have TONS of 2007 Freestyle's in the lot and these things have NO programs. My lease is due on the 6th and I'm thinking of Extending it or Jumping ship.

Bill

Seems unlikely you'll have a $400+ lease on an Edge. Residual should be close to 50% on it, and price should be in the mid $20s

Also, no surprise on the 2007 Freestyles. It's the beginning of the model year, and they probably sold down their 2006s early with the summer clearance program. The Freestyle really is a solid car, marketing has been terrible. Only decent ad thus far is the "divorced dad" commercial.

p.s. I'm halfway pleased to see your irritation at the lack of programs on the '07 Freestyles--means Ford's not trying to buy sales.

You might want to check and see if your dealer can pickup an '06 Freestyle from a nearby dealer. They'll appreciate your desire to keep business with them, and the other dealership will be happy to get rid of an '06.

Edited by RichardJensen

Seems unlikely you'll have a $400+ lease on an Edge. Residual should be close to 50% on it, and price should be in the mid $20s

Also, no surprise on the 2007 Freestyles. It's the beginning of the model year, and they probably sold down their 2006s early with the summer clearance program. The Freestyle really is a solid car, marketing has been terrible. Only decent ad thus far is the "divorced dad" commercial.

p.s. I'm halfway pleased to see your irritation at the lack of programs on the '07 Freestyles--means Ford's not trying to buy sales.

You might want to check and see if your dealer can pickup an '06 Freestyle from a nearby dealer. They'll appreciate your desire to keep business with them, and the other dealership will be happy to get rid of an '06.

Is that mid $200's? There are only a few 2006 Freestyle's on the lots and they are quoting $400+ on leases for 36 months which is too high for a lease payment. I know your halfway pleased but not to give me at least some insentive for "ford loyalty" is B/S. If they aren't going to give me $500-$1000 to buy another ford then it prevents me from being loyal and shoping other brands.

If you think the Edge will lease very good at about $300-$350 I will definatly bite on that deal. I would even go up to $370 seeing this is what my explorer is leasing at. I figure that the Edge is a mid $20,000 car that the lease should be pretty ok on a new car.

Bill

Ran through some preliminaries on a $25k Edge. Looks like it's over $400, unless you have some sort of down payment/trade-in. 'Course this is all thumbnail sketching. Looks like you'll need $3500-4k down to get payments in line (assuming roughly an 8% real APR on the bogus 'lease factor', and a 50% residual.)

Alternatively, you could go the 24 month route....

Ran through some preliminaries on a $25k Edge. Looks like it's over $400, unless you have some sort of down payment/trade-in. 'Course this is all thumbnail sketching. Looks like you'll need $3500-4k down to get payments in line (assuming roughly an 8% real APR on the bogus 'lease factor', and a 50% residual.)

Alternatively, you could go the 24 month route....

I have X-Plan and Hopefully loyalty cash...

Bill