Job cuts to accelerate....

To put things in perspective: Look at how the Detroit Lions are run and tell me if you can discriminate the differences between the two... Management wise that is.

:doh: Thats all I have going for me!! Football season is coming soon!!!!

We're _ALL_ told we are the best, hasn't anybody noticed that yet? Which plants are told they are the worst raise your hand.

:shrug: Nobody? Exactly.

youngSTAP

How many average people would go into these plants and stick it out in over 100 degree heat? Big $$$$$$ huh? Wait till you see how much you give back in taxes!!!! Fords problems are not the fault of the hourly workers.What the hell can I do at my plant to cause a 5% drop in market share.This is Capitalism,my friend worship $$$$$ steal and cheat your neighbor have no ethics or principles other than selfishness and greed.Look how much tax money the USA spends to come up with more advanced ways to kill people?????Forget infrastructure and health care and prescription drugs.See we cant ALL be well off.There has to be a discrepancy.I have a $ bill + YOU do not!!! I think the demise of theAmerican Automobile industry is being orchestrated so that GM Ford and Chrysler can get rid of their pension and health care "legacy costs".So in other words we the workers have been mis-lead.The UAW works for the Ford Motor Company,not us.Ford has the $$$$$ to make alot of friends. To get back on point.Wixom was Fords most profitable plant in the 80s.MI-Truck was the $$$$ maker in the 90s and Atlanta always was the tops for quality and efficiency.Now where did all this effort and hard work get us???? Dont let the door hit ya on the ass on your way out.Thanks for your loyalty!!!!!

How many average people would go into these plants and stick it out in over 100 degree heat? Big $$$$$$ huh? Wait till you see how much you give back in taxes!!!! Fords problems are not the fault of the hourly workers.What the hell can I do at my plant to cause a 5% drop in market share.This is Capitalism,my friend worship $$$$$ steal and cheat your neighbor have no ethics or principles other than selfishness and greed.Look how much tax money the USA spends to come up with more advanced ways to kill people?????Forget infrastructure and health care and prescription drugs.See we cant ALL be well off.There has to be a discrepancy.I have a $ bill + YOU do not!!! I think the demise of theAmerican Automobile industry is being orchestrated so that GM Ford and Chrysler can get rid of their pension and health care "legacy costs".So in other words we the workers have been mis-lead.The UAW works for the Ford Motor Company,not us.Ford has the $$$$$ to make alot of friends. To get back on point.Wixom was Fords most profitable plant in the 80s.MI-Truck was the $$$$ maker in the 90s and Atlanta always was the tops for quality and efficiency.Now where did all this effort and hard work get us???? Dont let the door hit ya on the ass on your way out.Thanks for your loyalty!!!!!

If Ford's problems are not the fault of the hourly worker, which I agree with you on that they are not, how then can the successes be attributed to the hourly worker. It seems kind of one sided.

If Ford's problems are not the fault of the hourly worker, which I agree with you on that they are not, how then can the successes be attributed to the hourly worker. It seems kind of one sided.

No,you misunderstand.Sucess is a TEAM effort.Of course the hourly worker did not think up automobile leasing or design anti-lock brakes.Likewise someone had to work the line and perform maintenance on the tooling.

Edited by chubby

As an hourly at MTP, I totally agree with you. Here we are waiting for news of our future and they are playing games, pitting one plant against the other, and trying to break the UAW. I think it is only a matter of time.I still say, let's dump some of the non essentials in the contract that is draining money. i.e. Legal Services could be liquidated and money funnelled back to the union. How many people have actually gotten their moneys worth out of it, yet there are offices all over the U.S. :happy feet:

I know the storm is coming at Sterling that's why I'm putting for my buyout whether people disagree with me or not. I'm doing what's best for me at this point in time.

What's funny about everything is that me and a couple people discussed on the Sterling threads about these job cuts and layoffs; and I'm the one that gets taken to task and told I'm full of hot air and bullshit... Well who's the one full of it now?

As an hourly at MTP, I totally agree with you. Here we are waiting for news of our future and they are playing games, pitting one plant against the other, and trying to break the UAW.

I think it is only a matter of time.I still say, let's dump some of the non essentials in the contract that is draining money. i.e. Legal Services could be liquidated and money funnelled back to the union.

I agree with you on this....except....$$$ goes to UAW? :shrug:

We do not work for the UAW....They really need to trim the joint programs and all the appointed reps that go with them....ETAP/Legal/Employee Involvement/ESSP/Diversity...etc........

Leave our medical alone....

Problem is the UAW don't want to cut there own throats.....

How many people have actually gotten their moneys worth out of it, yet there are offices all over the U.S. :happy feet:

As an hourly at MTP, I totally agree with you. Here we are waiting for news of our future and they are playing games, pitting one plant against the other, and trying to break the UAW.

I agree with you on this....except....$$$ goes to UAW? :shrug:

We do not work for the UAW....They really need to trim the joint programs and all the appointed reps that go with them....ETAP/Legal/Employee Involvement/ESSP/Diversity...etc........

Leave our medical alone....

Problem is the UAW don't want to cut there own throats.....

How many people have actually gotten their moneys worth out of it, yet there are offices all over the U.S. :happy feet:

There you go brother. The Union has enough "funneling" going on, they don't deserve another nickel of my hard earned money. Get rid of the fat downtown, in the glass house AND Michigan Ave.

But the bottom line is Ford is in the shape it's in because it threw all it's eggs in the high margin truck segment, and let it's innovation and design go to pasture. Typical uber-rich arrogance. I want more money for me right now, tomorrow I'll be gone with the swag! Ford is in bad shape because nobody wants what they have to sell. All through the 80s-90s it was the same contract, same UAW, everyone made millions. Now all of a sudden they're screaming labor costs. Yeah right. And onother thing, the UAW didn't manipulate the costs of healthecare either. Ford is fucked because of the short sighted greed of management and their decisions to ignore the risks of petroleum markets, abandon the passenger car market and focus on gas guzzling truck/suvs.

:rip:

There you go brother. The Union has enough "funneling" going on, they don't deserve another nickel of my hard earned money. Get rid of the fat downtown, in the glass house AND Michigan Ave.

But the bottom line is Ford is in the shape it's in because it threw all it's eggs in the high margin truck segment, and let it's innovation and design go to pasture. Typical uber-rich arrogance. I want more money for me right now, tomorrow I'll be gone with the swag! Ford is in bad shape because nobody wants what they have to sell. All through the 80s-90s it was the same contract, same UAW, everyone made millions. Now all of a sudden they're screaming labor costs. Yeah right. And onother thing, the UAW didn't manipulate the costs of healthecare either. Ford is fucked because of the short sighted greed of management and their decisions to ignore the risks of petroleum markets, abandon the passenger car market and focus on gas guzzling truck/suvs.

:rip:

maybe you're right. but none of us were too worried about ford's gas guzzling trucks/suvs when we were cashing our $5000 profit sharing checks in the 90's.

I know the storm is coming at Sterling that's why I'm putting for my buyout whether people disagree with me or not. I'm doing what's best for me at this point in time.

Hey what kind of $$$$ are ya hearing for a buyout???? You seem like an intelligent person USE your ETAP and PTAP funds!!!!!!!! What else could you see yourself doing?Of course there are jobs in the USA economy.But,you have to compete for them.BUST A MOVE!!!! So what kind of dollars are these buyouts offering. We are all just hanging around like a pack of hungry hound dogs! :bandance: :happy feet:

Edited by chubby

Well chubby, the same types of buyouts offered at other plants are offered over at my plant.

$35,000 and full retirement benefits if you have 30 years+ or Age 65 with 10 years seniority.

$35,000 and GEN protected status if you have 28-30 seniority. Add seniority and age to equal 85. You must take retirement when you have your 30.

Special early retirement benefits (Age 55 with 10 years seniority) Reduced pension obviously.

$100,000 pretax. 6 months of medical. Otherwise known as STEP (SPECIAL TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM.) No callback rights which means breaking your seniority.

Educational Opportunity where you get up to $15,000 year for up to 4 years tuition. Full Benefits and A-X-Z plan privledges. 50% of your base pay as a stipend. YOU MUST BE ENROLLED FULL TIME AS A STUDENT AND MAINTAIN A "C" AVERAGE THROUGHOUT YOUR TERM.

I'm not going into detail but basically that's a synopsis of what's on the menu.

Good Luck hanging in at Wixissippi! Too bad they can't give you all those Town Cars as a going away present because everytime I drive by there. There's a lot of them parked!

maybe you're right. but none of us were too worried about ford's gas guzzling trucks/suvs when we were cashing our $5000 profit sharing checks in the 90's.

Hmmm. I missed those. $5Gs eh? Doesn't matter anyway, cuz we lowly peons down on the floor have nothing to say about product mix. So is there a point in there somewhere?