New F250 SD 6.7

Kbota

Okay, I took delivery of my new F250 last Friday. It's a 2011 6.7, Supercab 4x2. The SC and 4x2 are most likely the reasons that it has sat on the dealers lot for so long. This was the last 2011. I just started shopping a few weeks back, and honestly, this is precisely what I was looking for. I would have liked the CC, but it will not fit in my garage, plus, I'm retired, and it's just the wife and I now. So the SC was fine with me, plus I got a decent deal on it. It's an XLT with the XLT premium package, 3.31 Elocker, towing package with the telescoping tow mirrors, 18" tires, chrome package. $35k

It has a 4/11 build date.

So I have a question for you guys that know way more than me. Is it safe to assume that the dealer installed the latest software before I took delivery? If not, what should I ask for? (I would like to at least appear that I know what I'm asking, even though I'm dumb as a rock as pertains to the 6.7).......but I'm learning.

I didn't even know enough to ask the question until I found this forum.

K

Congrats on your purchase! Sounds like a good deal. My dad has an '11 6.7 and he loves it! I'm sure you will as well, as it is one heckuva truck!

Don't assume the dealer installed the latest software. Just make an appointment to have them check the PCM software to make sure it has the latest revision. I would probably just wait until the first oil change, and just say "hey, while you've got it in, just double-check for me to make sure the software is all up to date."

Enjoy your truck!

EDIT: Just noticed your username...I'm guessing that refers to Kubota?? I've got a little BX2200...it's quite the grass cutting machine!

Edited by fordmantpw

Thanks Fordman. I'll be making a little punch list of minor issues, and I'll ask them to check the software then. There's no rush for sure. The truck runs like a scalded-ass ape now. Not sure what I would do with a couple more HP/ft-lbs. Actually with the fuel mileage I'm getting now, I don't really want them messing with it. 22 mpg combined, and 18.4 pulling a 7000 lb TT

Yup, my username is for both of my Kubota's. I also have a BX-2200, and a Grand L for the heavy lifting. The BX is a grass cutting machine. It still seems odd to me to mow heavy/tall grass,......watch it shoot out the discharge, and still not hear the diesel engine load up.

K

Thanks AJ. I'll ask them about the job #2 update. I must ask a dumb question. What does "job #1, or job #2" refer to?

Thanks

K

It has something to do with Ford's internal coding. Improved power and emissions from the initial calibration when they released the new motor.

• 4 months later...

fordmantpw,

I've been a forum member for a long long time. I don't know what happened to my post count, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't posted in quite a while. There should be numerous posts concerning my 2004 F250 Diesel, 2006 Mustang GT, and 2008 F250 Diesel. I fully expected someone to throw the BS flag on this.

fordmantpw,

I've been a forum member for a long long time. I don't know what happened to my post count, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't posted in quite a while. There should be numerous posts concerning my 2004 F250 Diesel, 2006 Mustang GT, and 2008 F250 Diesel. I fully expected someone to throw the BS flag on this.

Just giving you a hard time...guess I should have added the :). :)

I think there was an issue with the forum a while back that caused a lot of users' post counts to be wiped out. Congrats on your new truck purchase!