Skilled Trades step inside (AWS????)...................

We have been on AWS for some time now and when the three day work week comes around we get paid 39.98 hours!!!!

I never imagined earning less than 40hrs per week at Ford Motor Company.

We are just 1 hour away from being a part time employee.... 3x12=36

Ponder that for a moment.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, working part time is defined as working between 1 and 35 hours per week.[5] In 2007, 18.3 million Americans worked part time. [6]

Typically, part-time employees in the United States are not entitled to employee benefits, such as health insurance.

We have been on AWS for some time now and when the three day work week comes around we get paid 39.98 hours!!!!

I never imagined earning less than 40hrs per week at Ford Motor Company.

We are just 1 hour away from being a part time employee.... 3x12=36

Ponder that for a moment.

Do you think they'll only give you insurance the weeks you work 40 hours or more?

The BLS definition from Wiki that you quoted is not a legal standard nor law such as Fair Labor Standards Act or Erissa so i don't think your in jeopardy of losing your medical insurance.

• 2 weeks later...

Total bullshit post!

How So?

Big Shot?

Do you think they'll only give you insurance the weeks you work 40 hours or more?

No! I am simply pointing out how close we are to being considered part time. If they take away one day a week during the four day week theen yes we are 1 hour away from it.

The BLS definition from Wiki that you quoted is not a legal standard nor law such as Fair Labor Standards Act or Erissa so i don't think your in jeopardy of losing your medical insurance.

No overtime is fine. Working a man on Sat and Sun for straight time? Second tier workers, AWS, lack of job protection, non union workers doing repairs.... Second tier will freeze/ reduce higher tier wages and benefits in the future. The race to the bottom is on and the union is a willing participant. Sad to see the benefits that generations of my family fought for being given away.

No overtime is fine. Working a man on Sat and Sun for straight time? Second tier workers, AWS, lack of job protection, non union workers doing repairs.... Second tier will freeze/ reduce higher tier wages and benefits in the future. The race to the bottom is on and the union is a willing participant. Sad to see the benefits that generations of my family fought for being given away.

You're right just giving away the farm!

I guess I must be missing something. I get the 4-ON 4-OFF at 12 hours, but for the LAP routine are we talking 12 hours? 10 & 12 hour combo? How do the 4 crews fit in the mix? Do you guys rotate shifts?

I can see this (below) working but the first shift gets all the weekends off...???

M T W T F S S M T W T F S S | hrs

12 12 12 0 0 0 0 0 12 12 12 12 0 0 | 84

0 0 0 12 12 12 12 12 0 0 0 0 12 12 | 84

Edited by Dragonfly

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Bob King and our lousy International representation,we,as workers, are on our way towards the bottom. I believe the UAW is pushing the AWS down the company's throat. Less Union dues going in the coffer is the reason. No raise on the pension. No COLA. No pay increase. The "they can do that" mentality is enough to make me puke. What happened to the UAW I hired into? That UAW fought for the eight hour work day and premium pay on the weekend. Now we will be working for(pretty much)straight time on the weekend. Now the company will hire techs at $15.80/hr and force them to work next to another tech making $28/hr. These new techs will top out at $19/hr with no pension. I was just in Detroit the other day and saw Walter Ruther's name on numerous signs. Wherever he is buried, he is surely turning in his grave?

Thanks to Bob King and our lousy International representation,we,as workers, are on our way towards the bottom. I believe the UAW is pushing the AWS down the company's throat. Less Union dues going in the coffer is the reason. No raise on the pension. No COLA. No pay increase. The "they can do that" mentality is enough to make me puke. What happened to the UAW I hired into? That UAW fought for the eight hour work day and premium pay on the weekend. Now we will be working for(pretty much)straight time on the weekend. Now the company will hire techs at $15.80/hr and force them to work next to another tech making $28/hr. These new techs will top out at $19/hr with no pension. I was just in Detroit the other day and saw Walter Ruther's name on numerous signs. Wherever he is buried, he is surely turning in his grave?

Vote for right to work. At least you can quit paying dues. You guys would have gotten a better contract if the UAW had stayed at home during negotiations.

These new hires are not forced to work next to someone making $28 an hour, they choose to cause they need a job, they can quit if it's a problem for them, I'm sure someone is standing in line to take there place.

You act like Ford went out and kidnapped these new hires and is holding them captive telling them you are gonna work for $15 bucks an hour.

They can quit and so can you!!!

Remember this next contact when Ford tries to lower your wage to match the lower tier pay.

• Like 1

Hey General, you're missing the point about the pay! Your mentality is: "just be glad you have a job." Bullshit on that!!! All of us that work for Ford are glad we have a decent job! The UAW fought for equality across the board. The person standing next to you should be your equal. That means same pay, same benefits and same retirement. I've been with Ford for twenty years and can't believe how many people are drinking the "Kool-Aid." General, I think you drank the whole pitcher!

Edited by uawsoldusout
  • Like 2

Thanks to Bob King and our lousy International representation,we,as workers, are on our way towards the bottom. I believe the UAW is pushing the AWS down the company's throat. Less Union dues going in the coffer is the reason.

Do you really believe the entire solid house or just Bob King only wants more union dues? So anytime they talk of creating more jobs it's only for union dues? What about Reuther, Bieber, Gettelfinger and Yokish? Did they only want ore union dues? I could make a good case that Gen Pool was only for union dues because on layoff you don't pay any. Where do you draw the line with simplistic talk of motivations?