2013 Escape Eco boost engine mileage

gafry

Does anyone out there have a 2013 Escape with the eco boost engine? What kind of gas mileage do you get in 70 mph highway driving ? Thanks

Here's an excerpt from my post in the My 2013 Escape Review thread, not sure if it helps. At my last fill up, my Fuelly stats were 26.7 overall and 28.6 on the last tank. To anticipate your next question, I have a FWD, 2.0L.

If you want to squeeze out the best mpg’s, you will need to be very light on the accelerator. I noticed when you take off from a stop with a heavy foot, the average mpg’s drop very quickly. The highway portion of the trip in Western Wisconsin was all curving, rolling hills, with small towns every 8 to 15 miles or so apart. The mpg’s reading is really sensitive on this car, much more than my Focus. It reacts to nearly every transmission shift when it’s under any kind of load and drops a few tenths going up hills and vice versa going down, no surprise. The best mpg I got was 34.5, driving 55 on a straight flat road. On the rolling hills, with the cruise set at 58 (Wisconsin Troopers are notorious), I was getting 29-31 mpg’s and generally, when I’d cruise into a town it would increase to 31.2 and drop to 28.4 as I got back up to speed. I’ve always done this, but it’s a good idea to use the accelerator to gradually get back up to speed then reset the cruise, rather than hitting the resume button, downshifting and racing to speed, your mpg’s will take a BIG hit when the turbo kicks in. I did take it up to 110 for a brief time, maybe 45 seconds to a minute and it was smooth and handled really well. I tried to run it at different speeds; at 75 for 10 miles it read 26.2, at 70 I got 26.6 and at 60 got 28.7 and climbing, but I had to exit to head east to Wisconsin. Seems the mpg sweet spot is right around 60, again, no surprise. For the entire trip I averaged 28.7 mpg on Trip 2.

The gas mileage sweet spot for this vehicle is 55-62 MPH. Was the same for my 2012 Focus. I have the 2.0 FWD Escape. I normally drive with the cruise between 58-62 on my 80 mile daily commute (95% highway with 5 stoplights and some light hills), and I get 28-31 on a consistant basis. I just took a 200 mile trip on rural 2 lane highway where you can only go 55-60 and I got 33 MPG going and 34 MPG coming back. Not bad considering mine is rated at 30 MPG on the EPA highway rating.

So, long story short, if you are into the turbo a bunch, or exceeding speeds of 65 MPH, you will start degrading off the EPA numbers. If you drive conservatively as above, and cost down to stops, you will likely exceed the EPA numbers.

The gas mileage sweet spot for this vehicle is 55-62 MPH. Was the same for my 2012 Focus. I have the 2.0 FWD Escape. I normally drive with the cruise between 58-62 on my 80 mile daily commute (95% highway with 5 stoplights and some light hills), and I get 28-31 on a consistant basis. I just took a 200 mile trip on rural 2 lane highway where you can only go 55-60 and I got 33 MPG going and 34 MPG coming back. Not bad considering mine is rated at 30 MPG on the EPA highway rating.

So, long story short, if you are into the turbo a bunch, or exceeding speeds of 65 MPH, you will start degrading off the EPA numbers. If you drive conservatively as above, and cost down to stops, you will likely exceed the EPA numbers.

Thanks for the information

Anyone out there with a 1.6 eco boost Escape ????

What mileage are you getting and at what speed ??? A Big Thanks