Rumors fly at LAP

bbqribs

Rumors are flying around about lower seniority people or c-crew being re-evaluated, laying off untill future vehicle if not longer by the new year.,.,.,. 3 crews for only 1 vehicle can only last so long in my opinion but nobody knows what ford will do....every plant is the same,.,rumors ..rumors ,,rumors,.,

if anyone has any somewhat legit information,.,please share on here for your fellow brothers and sisters

--i personally know nothing about this, but i figured id post it so its a forum for people instead of listening to the same people day in and day out about the topic--

C crew is not going anywhere!

Ford did not spend all the money on hiring and training people to use them for 5 months then get rid of them, if that was the case they would have hired them as temporarys and not full time!

Lap has a future and it involves 3 crews!

I don't have any inside knowledge but I can confirm sales dictate how many crews will run. Just saying.....I always thought my next new vehicle would be an Escape, but that thing is butt ugly compared to the one it replaced. Ford needs to do something in the small SUV and or truck market or I will look elsewhere. Never thought I would but I can see the day coming.

Ford redesigned the Escape for what the public was wanting, the old box style escape was outdated compared to its competitors in that class of SUV's.

Interesting you say that's what the public wants when KCAP was running 3 crews and still had trouble keeping up with demand, all the way until the model change. About 300,000 units a year. What competitor with the "style the public wants" was/is building more?

I work at LAP and have heard nothing about any layoffs...only rumors..like usual....i figured id make a post for fellow people to read what others have to say instead of them listening to the same people over and over....but from what i see...the demand is high and theres lack of parts..other facilities as well as our own body shop..

I believe my friends at LAP will be just fine. As far as the new Escape the vehicle is awesome with the exception of the dash, too much glare due to the angle of the dash compared to the windshield. Even in photos the reflection can be seen, this is a huge turn off.