Focus - Best Selling Car in the World

Even with the terrible MFT and DCT, its still the best selling car in the world:

"Ford Motor Co. says its Focus small car is on track to become the best-selling car in the world this year, trumping the Toyota Corolla.

Ford sold 489,616 Focus sedans and hatchbacks worldwide in the first half of 2012. That was almost 27,000 more than the perennial best-seller, the Toyota Corolla."

Article here:

http://www.detroitne...|text|FRONTPAGE

Not surprised it is THE best selling car in the world, just bought one myself... LOVE the MFT, wouldn't be without it....don't have a DCT, but the manual 5 speed. I put 6,000 km on the dial in four weeks since ownership. Its a blast to drive. Only wish it were an ST,,,,,,,

Actually, even if the "Corolla" ends up outselling the Focus...it really won't have. Let me explain. Unlike the Golf and Focus, the Corolla is significantly different around the world, kinda like the Accord which has North American version and a European version. So no matter what the Focus will be the best selling single car design in the world.