Memory Seats with Passive Key

CuivreParc

I can not get the Memory seats to function when I unlock the doors by pulling on the driver door handle?

If I use the unlock on the Key Fob the seats will move.

The dealer can't figure it out either.

On Pg 126 of the Manual 2nd Printing

Passive Recall

Note: If more than one passive key is in

range, the memory function will move to the

settings of the first key stored.

When you unlock the vehicle with the

remote control or pull the driver door

handle with a passive key in range, the seat

and mirrors will move to the position stored

on that remote control or passive key.

I can not get the Memory seats to function when I unlock the doors by pulling on the driver door handle?

If I use the unlock on the Key Fob the seats will move.

The dealer can't figure it out either.

On Pg 126 of the Manual 2nd Printing

Passive Recall

Note: If more than one passive key is in

range, the memory function will move to the

settings of the first key stored.

When you unlock the vehicle with the

remote control or pull the driver door

handle with a passive key in range, the seat

and mirrors will move to the position stored

on that remote control or passive key.

When you lock the vehicle with the IA key, it stores the seat settings at that time and that's what it restores them to the next time you unlock the vehicle with that key.

So if you get out, then go back the seats will not move. If you get out and someone else drives the vehicle and changes the seat position and then you get back in the seat should move back to where you left them the last time you exited the vehicle. It won't change to a preset position.

When you lock the vehicle with the IA key, it stores the seat settings at that time and that's what it restores them to the next time you unlock the vehicle with that key.

So if you get out, then go back the seats will not move. If you get out and someone else drives the vehicle and changes the seat position and then you get back in the seat should move back to where you left them the last time you exited the vehicle. It won't change to a preset position.

Don't know how the Escape does it, but on my Edge, the seat always moves back when you turn off the ignition, then does not return to the preset position until hitting the Start button again.

The seat does not move back when we turn off the engine.

After I lock the Escape with my IA key, I walk away and have the wife unlock it with her IA key (pull the door handle), with her last setting almost all the way forward, it will not move until you press the Memory pushbutton on the door. Now with the seat all the way forward, she locks the car and walks away. I walk back up to the car and pull the handle to unlock the Escape and the seat does not move back to my last position????

No luck with my car either. Let me know if you figure this out.

Well, I drive to work every day in flip-flops(did some time in the jungle, so I like to keep my feet as dry as possible). When I get to the garage and after I turn off the car, I adjust the seat straight back so I can put on my office shoes. BTW I always lock/unlock with the handle. Anyway, when I open the car at the end of the day and get in, my seat starts moving back to its setting even before I turn on the car. As the seats are moving I can usually take my office shoes off and put back on my flip-flops before it comes to a stop. I know this is TMI but I thought I would share my daily seat adventures. I will confirm this today.

Edited by Escapism

I think my problem is that when you turn off the engine, the seat and mirror settings are saved to the IA key. So my key, and my wifes key both had her settings saved on them.

So when I would unlock the door the seat would not move from her settings.

It's her car, and I have not driven it without her, until last light.

When we picked up the Escape from the dealer, we had started and stopped the engine many times during the inspection/demo.

So now if I drive the Escape with just my IA key in it, with seat and mirrors adjusted to me, turn off the engine, lock the car. Then with me away from the car, she car unlock the car by pulling on the door handle, and the seat will move to her position.

I'm still confused if both of us are in the car with both IA keys which ones it saves the setting to when you turn off the engine.

Whoever is the primary user should press and hold the #1 memory button setting for seat/mirror adjustments located on the door. Do this when in park with the car running. Make sure they have the IA key they use on them at this time. Now, the next person does the same thing, except hit and hold #2 button . Make sure person #2 is the only key in the car(not the same IA key as person #1). That should do it. If you both get in the car with both keys and #2 is driving, just hit the memory button #2.