Idiots!!

Cinda81

I work in the body shop on day shift. We ran our first job at 12:10pm today. And then we only ran 30 jobs all day long. What is ford management thinking!!! What a total waste of time and money to keep us there for 6 hours doing absolutely nothing. And they wonder why their losing money. Their gonna drive themselves right out of business.The people up north are totally out of touch with reality!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do that at Wixom every day one way or another. We all wonder what the hell is going on, its like their lost and dont have a Garmin or a map. They just drive around in circles until they run out of gas then they do the Ford shuffle, (Two steps forward and one back). Talk about STUPID!

It was at OHAP, somehow they lost air pressure in the system early this morning, had to divert air pressure from body to paint and trim and chassis in order for them to run somewhat today. Trim and Chassis went home right around lunch time and trim shop lost air pressure once during the shift causing all kinds of havoc :doh:

Some people stayed and tried to fix some of the units that were outside and in the garage areas. I heard that after we went home they were going to try and divert air to run the body shop, guess that didn't work. I did hear that they did have problems with 2 air compressors going down and trouble getting them to work was why all the problems.

It was at OHAP, somehow they lost air pressure in the system early this morning, had to divert air pressure from body to paint and trim and chassis in order for them to run somewhat today. Trim and Chassis went home right around lunch time and trim shop lost air pressure once during the shift causing all kinds of havoc :doh:

Some people stayed and tried to fix some of the units that were outside and in the garage areas. I heard that after we went home they were going to try and divert air to run the body shop, guess that didn't work. I did hear that they did have problems with 2 air compressors going down and trouble getting them to work was why all the problems.

L work nights at OHAP we didnt start for 2 hours--different reason--some motor burnt out--supposed to be pm'ed over shutdown--friend of mine in maintenance said they worked shutdown 8-8 ate breakfast out played cards and hit the bar--bilked the company bigtime as usual--can anyone say OUTSOURCE!!!or is that a BADDDD WORDDD for these useless fucks!! SORRY GUYS__but when you make that kind of money and my job is on the line......

L work nights at OHAP we didnt start for 2 hours--different reason--some motor burnt out--supposed to be pm'ed over shutdown--friend of mine in maintenance said they worked shutdown 8-8 ate breakfast out played cards and hit the bar--bilked the company bigtime as usual--can anyone say OUTSOURCE!!!or is that a BADDDD WORDDD for these useless fucks!! SORRY GUYS__but when you make that kind of money and my job is on the line......

Management tell them to do anything?

The air lines were probably filled with water. OHAPs' air distribution system lacks drains for the main loops,

resulting in low air and pipes becoming water filled. FoMoCos' answer is to install more air compressors.

As far as motors burning up....well stuff happens.

This happens @AAP once a month atleast in body shop.We sit around 8 hours to run 15 units at the last bell.We are always bitching what a waste of money it is,but they don't want to hear it all they want is some numbers.

Edited by hendew_15

Yeah FOMOCO can and thats what they plan to do with your job too!

It is stupid, but you must remember that if they send you home because of a "breakdown", they are obligated under contract to pay short work week, so they have to pay you either way. I think that it mainly boils down to that they (management) just get more personal enjoyment knowing that we are stuck at the plant doing nothing rather than letting us leave to possibly go do something purposeful.

should management have to? dont they know thier job????

Like having a beer and getting laid while the wife'y is at home. :bandance:

what a disrespectful dick....i hope someone was fuckin your wife while you were at the bar ur pitiful fuck

I suppose you take the bull by the horns everyday right? In skilled trades THAT is management's job to tell us what they want done in priority fashion. That is the joke, maintanance supervisors now a days don't have a f'n clue and you want to throw it on YOUR union brother? During downtime is not like production days THEY are supposed to know what they want us to do.

what a disrespectful dick....i hope someone was fuckin your wife while you were at the bar ur pitiful fuck

The comment they made was indeed disrespectful to his wife and us as employees trying to make it work.You "sound like" a disrespectful dick as well......Spouting off shit you know nothing about.

I see stuff every day that would appear to be productions fault, but I know better. Our management is worse than lost. If I described our management to someone on the outside, they would not believe it.

You gotta see it to believe it!

That ought to be our new slogan!

Edited by Pipefitter

Your on the money with management. Useless. I use to think that the "upside down triangle" theory they rammed us our asses was a good idea, then I came to the conclusion that it was implemented to compensate for managers who had no clue. I work at the prototype plant, and I am convinced that they send us all the supervisors that really can't cut it in a real assembly plant. We had an electrical foreman a few years back who was from Buffalo Stamping. Kind of an ego-manaic, not really a good electrician, but when you told him you needed a box of 3/4" mini's, he knew what the hell to get you. All the other useless supervisors and one super. drove him out of the building and into retirement. Went out of thier way to make him look stupid, pissed him off with thier assinine decisions, and drove our department into the waiting arms of a class "A" dork. Now FPS is gonna save all our jobs, make us run more efficient. All it does at our plant is use up alot of paper for charts and graphs that management puts up on a board and no one cares to look at, much less understand. And since it's inception, how much market share has it gotten us? The culture change is happening, we are becoming alot more efficient. Now lets build a car that people want to buy. I have seen some automobiles in our plant in years past that are going to other countries for production. Small cars, great gas milage, exactly what the american public wants, and exactly what they are buying from Honda and Toyota. That is what will save this company. Change with the times, or die. That should be thier motto. Sorry for ranting!

It is stupid, but you must remember that if they send you home because of a "breakdown", they are obligated under contract to pay short work week, so they have to pay you either way. I think that it mainly boils down to that they (management) just get more personal enjoyment knowing that we are stuck at the plant doing nothing rather than letting us leave to possibly go do something purposeful.

yea...it's one big conspiracy.....I'm sure that the supervisors got together and said "let's make them stay here just for the hell of it"....get real...it's people like you that has us in the predicament that we are in....old school......all management is bad and are out to screw us......get real!

yea...it's one big conspiracy.....I'm sure that the supervisors got together and said "let's make them stay here just for the hell of it"....get real...it's people like you that has us in the predicament that we are in....old school......all management is bad and are out to screw us......get real!

I think the title of this thread is a good response to your post!

The air lines were probably filled with water. OHAPs' air distribution system lacks drains for the main loops,

resulting in low air and pipes becoming water filled. FoMoCos' answer is to install more air compressors.

As far as motors burning up....well stuff happens.

stuff seems to be happening all the time here lately--did they cut their OT???Maybe I was a little pissed when I said outsource--maybe i should have said mandatory retirement??These guys I see are not on the line--they are maintenance,cleanup,group leaders,repairmen,etc>>>all have 25 plus years and have every intention of doing as little as possible---4 lights for repair in pretrim tonight after lunch--not one answered--WHY??? because one repairman was covering the other 2 on break--his idea of covering??Sit on his ass and bullshit with his friends--in 9 hours he shot 3 screws allnight--said he had no intention of ever working harder than this because he put his time in!!!! I say get the hell out then!

stuff seems to be happening all the time here lately--did they cut their OT???Maybe I was a little pissed when I said outsource--maybe i should have said mandatory retirement??These guys I see are not on the line--they are maintenance,cleanup,group leaders,repairmen,etc>>>all have 25 plus years and have every intention of doing as little as possible---4 lights for repair in pretrim tonight after lunch--not one answered--WHY??? because one repairman was covering the other 2 on break--his idea of covering??Sit on his ass and bullshit with his friends--in 9 hours he shot 3 screws allnight--said he had no intention of ever working harder than this because he put his time in!!!! I say get the hell out then!

You are grouping maintanence, cleanup, group leaders, and repairman in the same catagory? WTF? I have 14 years in and DO MY JOB when I am called to do it. Stereotyping at it's finest. I know all plants have problems with certain induviduals but come on grow up, when most are called to a job they do it. If you don't like the what is going on bid for a better job, take the test for a trade, whichever you choose maybe you can make a difference.

I think the title of this thread is a good response to your post!

a little paranoid there aren't we?......I bet those managers are sitting right now and thinking of something to make your life miserable ....let me tell you that there are far more important things to worry about than that...like where we will work at 2008.....

I hear this all the time. These are the same people who go home and say "I should not have to tell you to clean your room"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically this is like admitting you are too stupid to know what has to be done.

I hear this all the time. These are the same people who go home and say "I should not have to tell you to clean your room"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically this is like admitting you are too stupid to know what has to be done.

You fail to understand exactly how maintenance works these days. They don't tell us what they want done, until they want it done. We tell them about jobs that need to be done all the time, but that doesn't mean they will want us to do it. During a shut down, we spend a lot of time sitting around because management doesn't plan far enough ahead to get us the parts we need to fix the things they want us to fix. We don't keep spare parts at the plant because the company doesn't want to spend the money to have it on the shelf. All the equipment, hydraulic valves, motors, pumps etc....come from fucking japan and germany. Its a long boat ride. We have a Beulamatic punch press that is pissing 100 gallons of oil every day it runs because the cylinder that has a cracked barrel comes from Belgium and has a 13 week lead time. They buy machines with fucking metric hydraulic fittings that you can't even get around here, then when a piece of tubing cracks we have to weld it several times until the replacement comes from some other fucking country. We have leaders (hourly skilled trades classification) who go through the trouble to look up part numbers, find out how and where to get parts, and how much they cost. Then they give this information to our illustrious management team who misplaces it, or fucks up the paperwork so that the P.O. is canceled and this just causes the lead time to be longer. But they fuck it up and schedule you to work saturday to do the job that you have no parts for.

Never mind that none of this equipment has any prints, so that we can troubleshoot anything. Never mind that when I gotta go on top of a molding press to change a plastic 1/4 inch air line, I got to go through an hours worth of safety bullshit getting permits, harnesses, hard hats and all that other crock of shit to do a 3 minute job. Never mind that all the aisles in our plant are one way and if I want to go south I gotta drive the cart to the north end of the plant to legally go south.

Yea, you have a lot of brains. Why don't you shut the fuck up and worry about doing your own job, and let us worry about doing ours.

You fail to understand exactly how maintenance works these days. They don't tell us what they want done, until they want it done. We tell them about jobs that need to be done all the time, but that doesn't mean they will want us to do it. During a shut down, we spend a lot of time sitting around because management doesn't plan far enough ahead to get us the parts we need to fix the things they want us to fix. We don't keep spare parts at the plant because the company doesn't want to spend the money to have it on the shelf. All the equipment, hydraulic valves, motors, pumps etc....come from fucking japan and germany. Its a long boat ride. We have a Beulamatic punch press that is pissing 100 gallons of oil every day it runs because the cylinder that has a cracked barrel comes from Belgium and has a 13 week lead time. They buy machines with fucking metric hydraulic fittings that you can't even get around here, then when a piece of tubing cracks we have to weld it several times until the replacement comes from some other fucking country. We have leaders (hourly skilled trades classification) who go through the trouble to look up part numbers, find out how and where to get parts, and how much they cost. Then they give this information to our illustrious management team who misplaces it, or fucks up the paperwork so that the P.O. is canceled and this just causes the lead time to be longer. But they fuck it up and schedule you to work saturday to do the job that you have no parts for.

Never mind that none of this equipment has any prints, so that we can troubleshoot anything. Never mind that when I gotta go on top of a molding press to change a plastic 1/4 inch air line, I got to go through an hours worth of safety bullshit getting permits, harnesses, hard hats and all that other crock of shit to do a 3 minute job. Never mind that all the aisles in our plant are one way and if I want to go south I gotta drive the cart to the north end of the plant to legally go south.

Yea, you have a lot of brains. Why don't you shut the fuck up and worry about doing your own job, and let us worry about doing ours.

Right back at stupid mgmt--whats wrong with these idiots-however,I dont think certai maintenance that brag about ripping Ford off make you look very good either

:bandance: KTP, same shit here. We are starting down shifts next week, they're asking for volunteer layoffs in skilled trades. At the same time they want a labor clearance with 5500 hrs for the same six week period of our down shifts. We have large project gangs that can easily do the work. They will pay contractor 50% more than paying us. CHANGE or DIE, what the fuck ever! I don't know if little Billy knows how enept and stupid the people are he has running his empire, but it looks like he can't manage it. His recent hiring of guy to show him how to get on another auto manufacturer's coat tails is a clue where all this stupidity is going. Good post, HANG ON TO YOUR ASS, the big slide is coming. Where is the UAW?