FRAP Production Postings

bigdogg35

Probably won't be until after the first of the year. They don't need the people till spring.

Here at DTP quite a few people was hoping to go or return I see you at MAP have they posted anything for FRAP I figured it would be next yr for production postings if they were to put them up

This was the plant I signed to go to when my home plant was sold. I called and talked to a rep @ this plant before I made my decission so I had all the info. I was never honored that request. My chairman @ the time said they had temps and they were only there till august end of story. He did not want to discuss all the openings that would be there he just had his people blow me off. So there has been people moved to plants then thier first choice had openings so they asked them @ the plant they moved to if they still wanted thier first choice. I started wondering if this would be an option for me when all the jobs came in @ flatrock since that was my first choice so I made some phone calls. First thing I was told was that if there were temps there I shouldve been transfered there. Then was told it will not be a wide posting like Kentucky was. The people that are laidoff in michigan will have first option (which is only right) then plants that are sold up there those people PLUS any ach worker in that plant then after that they would hold a LOTTO for the workers there to get friends and family in. Glad we all pay union dues and get no representation and they do what they want and pretty much say screw all you as long as I get what I want. Just wanted to let you know what I've been told by the calls I've made. Games are going on all over in the system plants blocking people from coming in because of senority and guys up north wanting to get everybody they know a job and the people that will screw a whole membership over to get what they want no matter how it affects anybody

So if I'm understanding you correctly you want to go to flat rock but your being told that there will not be any postings for the production jobs at any other plants and that they are giving those positions to ONLY laid off Michigan workers, what about the workers who left Flat Rock when they lost a shift I know a few people who want to return to their home plant did they mention when they will begin to hire people? If you don't mind me asking what plant did they send you too and will they let you go to Flat Rock if your needed?

Yes that is correct I want to go to flatrock and they said it would not be a wide posting like kentucky was. Yes to laid off michigan workers then people that thier plants are closing and if I understood it right the planrts that are closing the workers there that are Ach have next chance then any other openings would be filled by a lotto pool for employees there to get family and friends in. As of the ones that left there and want to go back I was told by a friend that works @ brook park (so this part is all second hand) that they work with a guy that came from flatrock and he wants to go back and they are telling him no.Was told orientation would be in May. I was sent to OHAP cause that was my second choice its the same drive for me either way just felt going to flatrock I could do a one plant move and be able to get my years in without having to move to another plant again. Hope this answered your questions.

Yes it's quite a few here at DTP that wants to return as well but I don't know if they were told yes or no I'm assuming they should be able to have first pick since its were they came from but we all know the UNION follows their own rules I hope things will work out for you to were you might be able to come to FRAP if enough people get to complaining some things may change I was trying to get a family in but it looks like they will probably only hire referrals from employees at the plant but if other people return to their home plant then maybe opportunities will open up at other plants good luck and thanks for the information

Ya we all know thats how it should be but I hate to say it but it kinda seems like we pay dues for them to just do whatever they want cause we all know they dont do things by the book anymore it's whatever they want. The only thing I was hoping for when my plant sold was to be somewhere and have the union stronger but it sounds like its all the same in all the plants. As in complaining I dont have enough people with me to complain so I'm gonna try to do what I can and see what my rep can do and if nothing happens there try a region rep. Not a problem on giving the info I know. I get on here now & then if something major is going on and now with the flatrock ordeal to see if anybody posted anything about it but my posting last night was first time I ever posted anything because I thought it was some important info that people should know and the games that are being played,

This was the plant I signed to go to when my home plant was sold. I called and talked to a rep @ this plant before I made my decission so I had all the info. I was never honored that request. My chairman @ the time said they had temps and they were only there till august end of story. He did not want to discuss all the openings that would be there he just had his people blow me off. So there has been people moved to plants then thier first choice had openings so they asked them @ the plant they moved to if they still wanted thier first choice. I started wondering if this would be an option for me when all the jobs came in @ flatrock since that was my first choice so I made some phone calls. First thing I was told was that if there were temps there I shouldve been transfered there. Then was told it will not be a wide posting like Kentucky was. The people that are laidoff in michigan will have first option (which is only right) then plants that are sold up there those people PLUS any ach worker in that plant then after that they would hold a LOTTO for the workers there to get friends and family in. Glad we all pay union dues and get no representation and they do what they want and pretty much say screw all you as long as I get what I want. Just wanted to let you know what I've been told by the calls I've made. Games are going on all over in the system plants blocking people from coming in because of senority and guys up north wanting

to get everybody they know a job and the people that will screw a whole membership over to get what they want no matter how it affects anybody

Im going to make a couple of assumptions based on the info you posted. First you are from sandusky and signed to go to ohap. The way transfers work, at the time of your plant closing/ selling. You can only transfer to a plant that has posted openings. Even if frap had temps working, it doesnt necessarily mean there are permanent openings there. You went to ohap. I dont think they have any xtra people. So even if a frap bid comes up, I dont think you will see it anyway. IMO, you are stuck there. What I may have done if I were you, again assuming you came from Sandusky, is to have gone to walton hills. Yes they are closing, but thats the good thing.....most of the available bids should eventually get posted there. Again, all assumptions. Of course that would have been a gamble if that was the plan, but I think you better get used to ohap. Th ou aint goin no where.

If you think they will take this guy from this plant replace him with the other guy at that plant and so on and so forth, I think you have some wishfull thinking. They will only take surplus, even if you have previously worked there. Just what I was told from people working downtown

If you think they will take this guy from this plant replace him with the other guy at that plant and so on and so forth, I think you have some wishfull thinking. They will only take surplus, even if you have previously worked there. Just what I was told from people working downtown

Happened with Kentucky postings, people that took transfer from plants in Michigan were back filled with people from Saline etc.

I did come from sandusky and I signed a bid for flatrock that was posted in apil @ the sandusky plant, Still have my copy of the 4 pages we had to fill out. I have a decent job @ ohap but fltrock was my first choice BECAUSE of stability. I was just trying to be nice when I noticed people were asking questions about flatrock and posting what info I was told.

I did come from sandusky and I signed a bid for flatrock that was posted in apil @ the sandusky plant, Still have my copy of the 4 pages we had to fill out. I have a decent job @ ohap but fltrock was my first choice BECAUSE of stability. I was just trying to be nice when I noticed people were asking questions about flatrock and posting what info I was told.

Well that's interesting. If Sandusky posted a frap bid in April, why weren't you able to go then?

I don't know why. Guessing possibly deals that are being made like the week after a majority of the people left for ohap all bids that had been signed by ford workers left in the sandusky plant were all cancelled and they all had to resign thier choices. HMMMM brookpark was then reposted (which the membership had been told wouldn't be offered again) and union reps jumped on the ban wagon for that except two of them and they stuck with thier original choice.

• Like 1

I was told when I left flatrock when they went to one shift that I had rights to go back when a shift is added. Now I am being told no> This is a bunch off bullshit. The union is making deals and we all pay our dues and get no representation. We wonder why the collective bargaining proposal failed. We get no representation unless you are family of the union. This has to stop or there will be no union. We need to stick together and fight our own union, thats rediculous. UAW pull your head out of your ass. If you left flatrock when they went to one shift you should be able to return first before anyone else bottom line. Fix the problem UAW.

I was told when I left flatrock when they went to one shift that I had rights to go back when a shift is added. Now I am being told no> This is a bunch off bullshit. The union is making deals and we all pay our dues and get no representation. We wonder why the collective bargaining proposal failed. We get no representation unless you are family of the union. This has to stop or there will be no union. We need to stick together and fight our own union, thats rediculous. UAW pull your head out of your ass. If you left flatrock when they went to one shift you should be able to return first before anyone else bottom line. Fix the problem UAW.

Did you sign away your home plant rights? Check on that cause they might have slid that paper in on you and you didn't know it, if not then you should have rights to go back, the union is playing games cause they are in bed with the company!

I feel sorry for all those 2nd Tier employees who think they one day will make it to 1st Tier, the union and company have no plans for that to happen.

Dont know which plant you're at but here at DTP they told them no but I heard at MAP they were told they do have the right to go back if they wanted too but who really know whats going to happen I would think that you should be able to go back if you wanted but we also know the games the union play as well

Dont know which plant you're at but here at DTP they told them no but I heard at MAP they were told they do have the right to go back if they wanted too but who really know whats going to happen I would think that you should be able to go back if you wanted but we also know the games the union play as well

DTP has a hard time keeping people that's why they won't let anybody leave!

Postings will go up in hierarchical order.

1. If FRAP has employees on layoff, or on no-pay-no-benefits status, those employees will be asked first.

2. If that list is exhausted, the order then goes to in-zone layoffs (all plants in zone 1 will receive this opportunity, should the list get this far). The list, in order, will go to 1) Employees on layoff, 2) Employees classed as surplus, 3) ACTIVE Employees working at a plant that has layoffs, and 4) Ford employees working at any ACH location (current or former). All in-zone layoffs will be forced to FRAP (AFTER any volunteers are placed) in inverse seniority order.

3. If that list is exhausted, the order then goes to RTBU's.

4. If that list is exhausted, the order then goes to any laid-off employees or those defined as surplus at out-of-zone locations.

5. If that list is exhausted, Ford employees at ACH-LLC locations out-of-zone will then get the posting (this is rendered irrelevant since the only ACH locations left are in zone 1).

6. If that list is exhausted, facilities out-of-zone with employees on layoff will receive the posting.

7. If that list is exhausted, laid off skilled trades with or without production seniority may volunteer.

8. If that list is exhausted, employees on indefinite layoff will be placed according to the following: 1) Employees can accept the assignment, 2) decline it and be placed on inactive status with no pay and no benefits, or 3) Bump the least senior employee in-zone to their plant. The least senior employee must then either accept the transfer or take inactive status.

9. If that list is exhausted, surplus skilled trades can be forced into production at the new facility, at production rates, while still retaining return-to-trade rights.

10. If all lists are exhausted, the company then considers re-hires before new hires.

Source: Book 1, Appendix N, pp. 194-199.

Edited by qwertyuiop