Ordered my Edge...

spacescape

Actually, it will most likely be in my wife's possession during the week.

2007 Edge SE

Blazing Copper Metallic

Camel Interior

Convenience Group

Class II Trailer Tow

Now, can I wait Until November? Who knows but I'll live.

Bill

Edited by spacescape

Actually, it will most likely be in my wife's possession during the week.

2007 Edge SE

Blazing Copper Metallic

Camel Interior

Convenience Group

Class II Trailer Tow

Now, can I wait Until November? Who knows but I'll live.

Bill

congrats ..

what was the price.. did they let go any off of the sticker, or did you have to agree to pay the sticker?

Igor

I'll get X-Plan and whatever incentive that are going on at the time. The pricing IS NOT firm yet.

Excuse my ignorance here, but how does one get in on the X-plan pricing I hear about. The wife and would like to pick up an Edge this fall as well. But we're looking for a loaded one in the Blazing Copper.

Congrats. The Edge looks impressive.

I'm excited but keeping my excitement in check due to the fact that it will not be here until November or December (if I'm lucky). Then, when it does get in. WILL IT LEASE GOOD? I'm taking a huge gamble this time but my sister ordered a ZX2 and a ZX3 when they where released and got a good rate. Same went for my 1999 V6 Mustang. So, I'm "HOPING" I didn't screw myself NOT taking one of the current available deals. If I do, then I'll just turn in my explorer in December and just sit tight and share a car w/ my wife until a deal comes along.

Oh, and go figure. I contacted the Volvo sales person I was dealing w/ just to thank her for all of her time and effort and that I would be seeing her next summer when we got rid of the Jetta. She understood and looked forward to working w/ me next year. Then she made a statement that asking what do I want to make a deal...

Oh well, I'm not changing my mind now.

Bill

^^^Yeah sales people are weird .... I had one call me and I thanked him to say I just singed the paper and drove anotehrcar off of another lot.. and he goes on throwing deals at me - and I'm like .. I SIGNED THE PAPERS.. I JUST PARKEDTHE DAMN CAR IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE ... have a good day.

Maybe next time around I should lie and tell the dealers caling that I just signed, and they will finally throw me some deals ;)

Igor

^^^Yeah sales people are weird .... I had one call me and I thanked him to say I just singed the paper and drove anotehrcar off of another lot.. and he goes on throwing deals at me - and I'm like .. I SIGNED THE PAPERS.. I JUST PARKEDTHE DAMN CAR IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE ... have a good day.

Maybe next time around I should lie and tell the dealers caling that I just signed, and they will finally throw me some deals ;)

Igor

Actually I almost said "Knock $25.00 off my payments... Make sure the lease insentives are padded in... make sure they waive the security deposit seeing Volvo Credit is part of Ford Credit... Oh, and toss in an iPod... and what time can you pick up my explorer and drop off my Volvo"... However, they might of gone for it... So, I had best NOT ask for something I'm not sure I want.

I will be back next year to pick up a V50 to replace the Jetta... FUN CAR...

Bill

Excuse my ignorance as well. I work in a small remote office for a large corporation with employees that can get x-plan pricing and not many coworkers that have had experience with it. For some reason I carried around in my head that in order to get x-plan pricing you had to take something that was currently in stock. I'll have to consider ordering one.

Excuse my ignorance as well. I work in a small remote office for a large corporation with employees that can get x-plan pricing and not many coworkers that have had experience with it. For some reason I carried around in my head that in order to get x-plan pricing you had to take something that was currently in stock. I'll have to consider ordering one.

Well, it depends on the dealer. My cousin works for ford and he always orders what he wants for his wife and he gets A-Plan. My dealer has ALWAYS gave me the current incentives and never market anything above sticker (I'm sure the Cobra R and the Ford GT would go for market value even though I'm a good customer). His statement to me was "How do I sell someone a production car way over sticker then look them in the face when they come back to pickup a ZX3 for their daughter".

Seriously, I believe you need to give them the X-Plan number when you order the car and the MUST show you the X-Plan price next to the MSRP. If they won't sell it to you for X-Plan pricing leave and go to another dealer. You order your car w/ a $100 deposit and that locks you in to the best pricing (if original pricing turns out to be higher than the final pricing you get the better price).

Bill

They are ordering a SEL for me as well based on "THEY WILL SELL THE ONE I DON'T TAKE W/O A PROBLEM". Actually, I think I will like the SEL better and if the rates and residuals are good then it will lease great even if there is no rebates.

2007 Edge SEL

Blazing Copper Metallic

Camel Interior

Reverse Sensing

Class II Trailer Tow

17" Rims

The question I ask is that has anyone here seen one w/ the 17" rims? They are pushing for me to put the 18" Premium Chrome-Clad Aluminum Rims on it but it's fine. I'm thinking of at least ordering it w/ 18" Painted Rims.

Also, I have access to a 1050 LBS Jet Boat that we've only towed 1-2 Times w/ the Explorer. So, I'm thinking of deleting the Trailer Tow package on the Edge. Does anyone know "IF" the Edge has a standard tow package like the explorer does? If not and I decide that I need to add a tow bar onto the Edge would it be able to handle the 1050 LBS w/o the Engine Oil Cooler, Larger Radiator or Upgraded Cooling fans that the Class II Trailer Tow package has.

Bill