What will I lose?

My trial subscription to Sirius will expire in December on my 2013 Explorer. Other than losing the radio stations, I'm trying to figure out features associated with Sync services that will stay and which ones will not. I think turn by turn directions will be gone because there is no link to satellite, but I'm not sure. The fuel prices I looked up today may not be available when Sirius is gone?

I'm very new to this, so can anyone help me understand which services drive which systems and features? Otherwise, I'll find out the hard way next month.

Thanks

Turn by turn directions are provided by Sync Services, not Sirius. You will lose the features that accessed using the touchscreen such as traffic, weather, gas prices, sports scores, and movie showtimes. Most if not all of these can be accessed through Sync Services, but they require a phone call and voice activation and won't be conveniently displayed on screen. I found Travel Link to be largely redundant to anything I can access on my smart phone and not as up to date, so I didn't subscribe.

Turn by turn directions are provided by Sync Services, not Sirius. You will lose the features that accessed using the touchscreen such as traffic, weather, gas prices, sports scores, and movie showtimes. Most if not all of these can be accessed through Sync Services, but they require a phone call and voice activation and won't be conveniently displayed on screen. I found Travel Link to be largely redundant to anything I can access on my smart phone and not as up to date, so I didn't subscribe.

Thank you for the reply....things are clearing up. How does Sync know where I'm at to give me turn by turn? Does that go through satellite too?

I was going to say you'd lose Car Talk, but they've gone to permanent re-runs, anyway...

I tried to find a college football game once when I was out of town, but other than some occasional classic vinyl, I don't tune in much. I bet that gear head I work with knows about Car Talk.

Thank you.

Edited by johnson

Thank you for the reply....things are clearing up. How does Sync know where I'm at to give me turn by turn? Does that go through satellite too?

Yes - GPS. All Ford vehicles that support SYNC Traffic, Directions, and Information have a built in GPS receiver necessary for the turn by turn directions feature.

Edited by aneekr