2013 Fusion Hybrid Ordered

loosta

I've got a 2013 Fusion Titanium Hybrid ordered. Its been about 3 or 4 weeks now since my order was placed into the Ford sales system. According to my salesman, production orders will start to be accepted the begining of January. I think the VIN will be assigned once the production order is entered into the build schedule at the actual vehicle assembly plant. Getting the VIN assigned is important because this will enable my Ford dealer to search for the best loan rate, which if not satisfactory to me, than triggers my own loan search. Personal car loan interest rates are not going to stay low forever so I would like to get it locked in ASAP.

Jeff, no my dealer has not provided a vin as of yet...claims they don't have it.

I placed my first order on 10/10/12, and a VIN was assigned around Nov 9th and was assigned a build week of Dec 3rd, which got slipped to the next week but it did get built on Dec 11th. So if you placed you order a week after me, your car may not have been built yet, but I think it's highly likely that you at least have a VIN assigned. Did the dealer give you a printed Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC)?

I recommend calling the salesman back on Monday and asking for the VIN number, if salesman claims not to have it, then I think that would be due to one of three reasons:

1) Salesman is new and doesn't know the ordering process, though one would like to think that is part of their orientation training?

2) Salesman knows how the process works, but is lazy.

3) Salesman does not get involved in that process, the sales manager handles all that stuff, and salesman is afraid to approach sales manager with anything but a new sale that just walked in.

I guess there are other reasons, of course.

But anyway, if you call the salesman and ask for a VIN and salesman says it's not available, call back later and ask for the sales manager and say that your salesman has been trying to help you but is unable, that maybe the sales manager has the keys to the kingdom, and please your highness unlock your power and divulge this piece of information for this poor serf who may not be worthy of your eloquence but on the other hand IS SPENDING THIRTY GRAND AT YOUR ESTABLISHMENT! But be polite, of course... and if you get a VIN, ask that all-powerful sales manager to run a "Vehicle Visibility Report" and give you the latest status. If the sales manager says he doesn't know what that is, you are at the wrong dealership.

I've got a 2013 Fusion Titanium Hybrid ordered. Its been about 3 or 4 weeks now since my order was placed into the Ford sales system. According to my salesman, production orders will start to be accepted the begining of January. I think the VIN will be assigned once the production order is entered into the build schedule at the actual vehicle assembly plant. Getting the VIN assigned is important because this will enable my Ford dealer to search for the best loan rate, which if not satisfactory to me, than triggers my own loan search. Personal car loan interest rates are not going to stay low forever so I would like to get it locked in ASAP.

You don't need a VIN to do your own loan search which you should already have in hand before you get the dealer's offer. That way you know you're good either way and you don't have to wait.

• Like 1

I placed my first order on 10/10/12, and a VIN was assigned around Nov 9th and was assigned a build week of Dec 3rd, which got slipped to the next week but it did get built on Dec 11th. So if you placed you order a week after me, your car may not have been built yet, but I think it's highly likely that you at least have a VIN assigned. Did the dealer give you a printed Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC)?

I recommend calling the salesman back on Monday and asking for the VIN number, if salesman claims not to have it, then I think that would be due to one of three reasons:

1) Salesman is new and doesn't know the ordering process, though one would like to think that is part of their orientation training?

2) Salesman knows how the process works, but is lazy.

3) Salesman does not get involved in that process, the sales manager handles all that stuff, and salesman is afraid to approach sales manager with anything but a new sale that just walked in.

I guess there are other reasons, of course.

But anyway, if you call the salesman and ask for a VIN and salesman says it's not available, call back later and ask for the sales manager and say that your salesman has been trying to help you but is unable, that maybe the sales manager has the keys to the kingdom, and please your highness unlock your power and divulge this piece of information for this poor serf who may not be worthy of your eloquence but on the other hand IS SPENDING THIRTY GRAND AT YOUR ESTABLISHMENT! But be polite, of course... and if you get a VIN, ask that all-powerful sales manager to run a "Vehicle Visibility Report" and give you the latest status. If the sales manager says he doesn't know what that is, you are at the wrong dealership.

Thanks, I agree, I will be calling the dealer again Monday...seems they should provide me the vin at the very least. I did get a VOC so maybe I will get answers via this forum.