Awaiting my CMAX Energi to replace Buick Regal

GadgetGirl

@rhea - I was wondering, too, about that fix-a-flat kit. It was odd I picked up a nail, but we did have a lot of snow on Tuesday so the plows were churning up all sorts of stuff.

I now have my new ride :) but there is a learning curve. Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment but I'm sure that after a couple of days I will have it figured out. Took pictures and then left the camera in the garage (I'm at work now) so I will have to upload them tomorrow.

We'll enjoy the pictures whenever.

Thanks so much for the contact info on Facebook. I'm pretty tech-savvy but not very social. I just keep up with some family members and former students through FB so I only deal with my current "friends." Let's hope Trina will accept my invite and maybe I can get some info about the Energi we ordered over 6 weeks ago. I did try Tweeting, but that seems such a shot in the dark.

Transporting these vehicles may be a problem. We have been watching another vehicle. The dealer sent me the invoice last weekend and updated delivery to 7-10 days. The car was built on Feb. 2 with a 13 day "rail" transport window. It still hasn't arrived in south Florida. ETA has changed several times.

@rhea - my car was built on 2/8 but before it shipped it got pulled back for another inspection so it didn't get released until 2/26. I suspect that other cars were also reinspected which would explain the changing ETA you are seeing.

Trina only checks Facebook on weekdays so hopefully you will get some more information on Monday.

So far, so good with my new ride! First charging was last night and I started the day with 17 miles of battery. Today is not my normal routine due to a conference so I'm not sure if it will be a pure EV day.

Gadgetgirl: So you finally have it in your hands! Congrats. I cant wait for you pictures next week. I sent the Facebook question to Erick (as youmentioned) and he said the good news was that it was built. Thankfully there wasnt a bad news. He needs to look further into it. Ahhh.... more waiting....Congrats again though!

My understanding regarding the "pulled for reinspection" is that they found some type of problem on a similar vehicle on the assembly line and they want to double-check all the vehicles produced but not yet shipped. My dealer did confirm that my vehicle had 2 inspection stickers.

As frustrating as the extra wait was, I'd rather not have extra trips to the dealer for repairs after delivery.

I do think my new ride is deserving of a name. I am not very creative in that area so the best I have come up with so far is the "GadgetMobile". I swear that this car has more technology than many of the computers I have owned!

Today's project is to figure out how many miles I drive on my normal commute - the old Regal hasn't had a functioning odometer since last summer so I really don't know how many miles I drive. On a normal day I never leave the suburb that I live in. I just drive a big rectangle: house, gym, 1st work location, 2nd work location, house. It is a big day when I go to the Trader Joe's in the neighboring suburb!

Gadgetgirl: the latest update I got via Facebook avenue is this: 'I looked into this for you and found Hybrids are on hold at the plant until they pass an inspection (no further info available).' All of them???!!! I may be looking at a 5 month old order by time I get my Cmax. Geesh...

JeanLuc - oh no! Hope they get busy inspecting them so you can get your new ride. How many weeks has it been since you first ordered it?

P.s. yesterday's commute was 7 miles, today was 12 miles. All EV! I do drive more on weekends with errands, etc.

Edited by GadgetGirl

I ordered my car on 12/17/12. First ETA was week of 2/25/13. I even asked for a status from cyberdman and he hasnt replied to my 'bump up' for a status from 2 days ago. So.....

WOW the EV sonds great that your using. Must be nice to drive past a gas station and snub it! Do you have any problems charging it at night? You have the 120v charge?

Correct, I use the 120v charger. I plug in when I get home and unplug when I leave in the morning. Even when I work late I have a large enough charging window. We haven't timed it precisely but it seems to take around 6 hours to fully charge. Less when I come home and haven't depleted the battery.