Awaiting my CMAX Energi to replace Buick Regal

GadgetGirl

Happy New Year!

I'm sure hoping that the first quarter of this year will see the delivery of my new CMAX Energi. It is the perfect fit for my driving patterns - typically less than 12 miles per day. I haven't had a new car since 2001 so it will be a treat to experience that new car smell again.

I ordered my vehicle on November 4th but have yet to get any status from the dealer. At least from reading these forums I became aware that the factory shutdown over the holiday. I've been so far removed from manufacturing when my father retired back in the 70's that I forget that plants do shutdown.

Here's hoping 2013 is everything you hope it will be.

GadgetGirl

Lisle, IL (suburb of Chicago)

Happy New Year!

I'm sure hoping that the first quarter of this year will see the delivery of my new CMAX Energi. It is the perfect fit for my driving patterns - typically less than 12 miles per day. I haven't had a new car since 2001 so it will be a treat to experience that new car smell again.

I ordered my vehicle on November 4th but have yet to get any status from the dealer. At least from reading these forums I became aware that the factory shutdown over the holiday. I've been so far removed from manufacturing when my father retired back in the 70's that I forget that plants do shutdown.

GadgetGirl

Welcome and congratulations on your C-MAX Energi :)

GadgetGirl- If you have not already check out the C MAX Energi forum. I ordered our Energi on Nov 19th and the dealer gave me an order number the next day. With a dealer number and order number you can begin tracking your car buy using the resource available in this forum. If your dealer ordered your car in a timely fashion they should, by now, be able to give you a VIN. If you get a VIN you can use the online resources to print out a window sticker and determine the actual build date of your car. BTW our car was supposedly built yesterday.

Welcome and good luck.

@Douwe - yep, I've been on the Energi forum - that is how I learned about this forum. No VIN# yet despite constantly checking in with my salesperson. It has been very frustrating to read that other buyers have received their VINs much sooner. I did finally get my order number so once I get my 10 posts in I will ask for the status here.

The waiting is driving me nuts especially when I can't even get an ETA. It has been 9 weeks as of today and I don't know any more than I knew back in November.

@Douwe - yep, I've been on the Energi forum - that is how I learned about this forum. No VIN# yet despite constantly checking in with my salesperson. It has been very frustrating to read that other buyers have received their VINs much sooner. I did finally get my order number so once I get my 10 posts in I will ask for the status here.

The waiting is driving me nuts especially when I can't even get an ETA. It has been 9 weeks as of today and I don't know any more than I knew back in November.

I understand your frustration. It seems that different dealers have different ways of doing things and some may have higher priority than others. If you don't yet have a VIN I suspect you will have many more weeks of waiting. The good news is that the longer it takes to get a build the more time they have had to work out bugs in the production. I am sure you have read the frustrations that early adopters have been experiencing and hopefully, when you car arrives, MFT will be fully functional and you will have the latest greatest software installed. Hang in there.

@Douwe - you do make a good point about letting others debug the software! I started out in 1980 as a computer programmer/database analyst and have certainly done more than my fair share of beta-testing what was supposedly production ready software!

I figure the universe has a good reason for my wait even if I can't discerne it at the moment.

@hermans - understood. I just so frustrated that I can't even get the VIN. My understanding is that no VIN means that it hasn't even been scheduled for production, right?

Normally you get the VIN and shortly after the "scheduled week of" date and then "scheduled to date" Normally once you get a VIN the build follows soon after. Now that you have enough posts you can make a post here http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/ requesting info. Make sure you read and follow the rules. Cyberdman provides a great service.

Edited by hermans

@hermans - of course I forgot to ask for my dealer's id number when I asked for the order number. I Googled this site and I think it is F41060 (Packey Webb in Downers Grove, IL). I've got an email in to my salesperson to confirm. Do you know of any other way to look up dealer ids? I did read all of the rules (and will read them again!) but I didn't want to provide any incorrect information.

Thank you in advance!

Happy New Year!

GadgetGirl

so did your father retire from ford and if so did u buy your new cmax on the x - plan.

• 4 weeks later...

I have also placed an order for a C-Max Energi last week. We are really excited to be able to get a car that we can use for local driving without using gasoline, and still be able to take longer trips. We have a solar system at our house and about 1000 kwh excess production that I hope will allow us to get 3000+ miles of local travel with the Energi

So far the dealer has not sent me anything about the order. I asked them to send me a copy of the order that Ford has accepted, but nothing has been sent so far. I live 160 miles from the nearest dealers that sell Ford electrics.

• Like 1

@dozerman - I missed your reply and finally just saw it. Since my order had already been placed is it too late to use the x-plan pin? I don't want to take a chance canceling and reordering since I have been waiting over 3 months for my Energi. Just got my vehicle sticker yesterday. It is scheduled to be produced 2/8.

@akirby - you were right. They are not honoring X Plan pricing. They are charging $2000 OVER the sticker price now. I got mine for $500 under because I ordered way back in November before they realized how popular they were going to be.

@dozerman - thank you for the offer, but I won't be able to use it. I do appreciate your kind gesture, though. Hope you will be able to help someone else out in the near future.

I got an update this morning - my car was produced last Friday (2/8) and the ETA is next Monday (2/18). I can't wait!

I went in with the my printed X-plan pin when I ordered my Energi. They took the pin number with them as I ordered the car. I know they are aware of it and have the paper too..still. From what I am reading here and other forums, I am seeing a differance around the country in who will or won't allow the use of the x-plan. I have my fingers crossed, my poker face ready and everything crossed. Maybe I ought to take my big eyed puppy with me on the day I pick it up!

@JeanLucBlue - did you put $ down when you ordered your car? If so, I would think that has given your contractual rights and that they have to honor the pricing that you agreed to at the time of ordering. In my case, I didn't know anything about X-Plan pricing way back in November - I didn't even know about this forum! At least I'm not getting soaked like the new buyers in my area.

GadgetGirl - I knew about the X-plan bewfore i went shopping. I took the mumber in with me and was up front about it right from the get-go. In a way I put $$$ down. All I had to do was write a check made out to the dealer. They in turn made a copy of it and gave me my check back. So, a good faith type of deposit I guess...they never cash the check. They said they did this to ensure I was a serious about ordering and buying. Iliek ypou thinking about them honoring the xplan pricing since I did give them a 'check'. So..getting more excited???!!!!

I'm on pins and needles waiting for my Energi to arrive!!! For my order, I put a deposit down via credit card so I've had some very expensive paperwork for 14 weeks now! Can't wait to turn it into a vehicle!

You need 5 more quality posts and then you can ask cyberdman for an update on your order. Thank goodness for his willingness to do this service for us. I was about to lose my mind in early January when I couldn't get any information from the dealer on how long of a wait it would be. So much for the original 6-8 weeks promised. Hah!