Awaiting my CMAX Energi to replace Buick Regal

GadgetGirl

I hope to get good pricing..esp like yours!!! They never told me no regarding the X-Plan pricing so I go with good thoughts. I hope to be able to ask cyberdman soon. I really would like to know where/status of my car. When you get yours, dont forget t olet us know and post some pictures of it ok?

You bet there will be pictures!!! I still haven't seen a C-MAX in the wild yet. So I suspect I will be the first in my neighborhood to drive one. This will be my first new car in 12 years so now I am plotting where I am going to park at the gym and the university to avoid dings. I think I will be walking a LOT more as a result ;-) Good thing spring is coming soon!

My dealer is not allowing X-plan pricing. They are charging $2000 over MSRP now on the Energis. Fortunately I got mine for $500 under because they didn't realize how hot they would be back in November.

From reading other topics on these boards, it sounds like there are dealers out there that will honor the pricing, but you may have to contact several to find one.

I'm too close to delivery to bother now. I just want this endless wait to be over!

I truly underatand. I guess it is the 'price to pay' (sorry for the pun) for wanting a brand new vehicle ahead of everyone else. I had this problem when I bought a brand new 1994 Ram truck when it was redesigned and dealers did not have enough on the lots. I thought I learned my lesson, but here I am again!

Allocations are on Wednesday and scheduling is Thursday so Friday is the day to get updates.

Competition is your friend. I paid $300 over invoice (not MSRP), which I thought was fair. I got this by actually driving around to the three largest Ford dealers in my market with written price quotes from the others. It took a little over a week and some driving, but I saved roughly $2000 by not accepting MSRP with which we started.

ALSO: This is important, try ordering a CMax brochure from Ford, they sometimes come with a $750 custoimer cash coupon and if you get it before you actually buy the car, you can apply it to the price. The dealer isn't out the money as it comes from Ford, it just has to get into VINcent.

Edited by shaggy314

• 2 weeks later...

GadgetGirl = Did you get yours yet???? It appears I am waiting for an 'assigned rail car number' according to my dealer. I guess that means my car is made but waiting on a lot somewhere. From what I have seen of the weather out there, I can see lots of orders being late in delivery. All the snow out there and rains and such. I learned, if i ever order a new car again, I will only do it during the summer months.

No, no Energi yet. So much for the 2/18 ETA. I did find out that I've now moved from "in production" to "awaiting shipment". Mine only has to go from Michigan to Illinois so not sure if it is truck only or a combo rail/truck.

16+ weeks now. I wonder if I will be the "lucky" person with the longest order to delivery date for an Energi. Gee, what an honor.

Sorry.. I was hoping you woudl have had your by now and we could be excited vicariously thru you! When Cyberdman gets back from vacation, I will send him my info to see the 'official' status on my order. Keeping my fingers cross that it is built only waitting for weather to improve to move it on out on a train.

JeanLucBlue - I see that you are stuck in "production" hell. Mine was produced the day before yours and was finally released on 2/26. Now I am in "awaiting shipment" hell (think Dante's 9 circles of hell!). Hope your status changes soon. The waiting is maddening. Looks like I will hit the 18 week mark this Saturday. Sigh.

GadgetGirl - I was thinking the same thing. I finally got to get my status thur cyberdman and I read yours at the same time too. Do you think it is because of the bad weather out there with the snow and all? Holding up the trains? You are closer than me (I am in San Diego) and if you can't get yours then I am def not going to get mine anytime soon. Sounds like they are built but parked somewhere waiting.

I'm baffled as to the delay in shipping since I live so close (relatively speaking) to Michigan. Sure we had some snow last week, but it wasn't any big deal. The storm tomorrow does show promise of being disruptive, but the weatherman have been wrong before.

At this point it is a race between spring arriving in Chicago and my Energi someday showing up. I'm anxious for both!

I'm baffled as to the delay in shipping since I live so close (relatively speaking) to Michigan. Sure we had some snow last week, but it wasn't any big deal. The storm tomorrow does show promise of being disruptive, but the weatherman have been wrong before.

At this point it is a race between spring arriving in Chicago and my Energi someday showing up. I'm anxious for both!

i seen a car hauler today upside down on the side of the interstate loaded with cmax energi cars that was headed to the chicago il area. i think yours was the one on the bottom of the pile. sorry :hysterical::hysterical::):););):hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

HAH HAH HAH. Not falling for that - don't you know that they aren't shipping any Energis to Illinois because the weather is too damn cold and the batteries won't give the MPG advertised? That is why they are all going to Florida and California. I have yet to see any Energi or regular C-MAX on the roads around here in the 4 months that I have been waiting. They are as rare as unicorns in these parts. It has been so long that I don't really believe I ordered a new vehicle. Thank goodness my trusty Buick Regal is still getting me around.

Glad to see we still have our humor! I havent seen that mnay if them out here in San Diego. I am seeing more and more hybrids but not Energis. I have been reading where the cold weather affects the batteries. SInce they are buikt, I can only belive that it is the snow/weaher out there. I may be naive, but hard to believe they wouldn't want to ship them out as soon as they can. With all the new orders I have seen here for the Fusion, I feel sorry for them since they may get the same long wait periods as we have. Sure wish someone at Ford woudl find out and let us all know what orders are sitting there. Like your Buick, I am glad old PT Cruiser is doing fine. I hope that with all the federal and state but cuts going on, we still get the Federal and State rebates.

No state rebate for me. Illinois is broke, very broke.

I agree that Ford needs to be more transparent about these delays. It will be 18 weeks on Saturday and I have to admit I'm wondering if it will be worth the wait. This certainly was not the buying experience that I was expecting.

I agree. Very disappointing. I wondered if you have seen this post I pasted below. I don't have twitter and don't really want to set an account up but if you have twitter, or someone that does, maybe this is a quick way to get a status then waiting a week for cyberdman.

----------------------------------------------------------------------1) Get a twitter account2) Follow @FordServices (https://twitter.com/FordService)3)Send them a direct message with your VIN# or Order # and Dealer #4) Takes them about 10 min to respond back ----------------------------------------------------------------------

What a long, strange trip it has been........ I am picking up my Energi tomorrow morning. I found out from the Ford Social Media contact (Trina) this afternoon that my car was delivered to the dealership on TUESDAY. NO ONE CALLED ME. I put a call into the sales manager immediately. They called back about 30 minutes later with the song and dance that they had to get it ready. BS. They could have given me a courtesy call to tell me it had arrived. I realize they need to prep it but I have been waiting 18 FREAKING WEEKS!!! Sheesh. Idiots.

And so much for that 2/18 ETA......

If you are on Facebook, friend "Trina at Ford" or "Eric at Ford". They are both very responsive. Far better than my dealership.....

FANTASTIC!!!! :) :happy feet: :banvictory: :shift: === I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you Gadgetgirl. Will you attach a pic of your car here for us all to see??? COngratulations on getting her and #$%^& to the dealership!!!

I am not used to Facebook, once I friend someone, what do I send to that person (Trinia or Eric) verbaige wise? OD i add vin, order #, dealer number too? I am one of the last breed that only uses the PC here, email or my phoen only calls or txt's.

(Sorry, got carried away with icons with my excitment for you!)

Of course I will attach a picture!!!! I will probably also take another showing my trusty 1992 Ford Explorer that I had to use today when my Regal picked up a nail in one of its tires last night.

Trina or Eric will just need your VIN#. You use the FB message function to send it to them.

LOVE the icons!!!!! Thanks for all your support. Here's hoping yours gets to you soon. I will celebrate with you on that happy day. ;)

What a long, strange trip it has been........ I am picking up my Energi tomorrow morning. I found out from the Ford Social Media contact (Trina) this afternoon that my car was delivered to the dealership on TUESDAY. NO ONE CALLED ME. I put a call into the sales manager immediately. They called back about 30 minutes later with the song and dance that they had to get it ready. BS. They could have given me a courtesy call to tell me it had arrived. I realize they need to prep it but I have been waiting 18 FREAKING WEEKS!!! Sheesh. Idiots.

Glad you are finally getting it -- seems like there should be (probably is at good dealers) a standard chain-reaction of delivery truck arriving and the inventory guy looks at the paperwork for let's-say 5 cars that arrived, 3 are dealer stock and 2 are retail orders... he/she then tells the sales manager 'you have 2 retail orders on this truck, here are the VINs' and the sales manager looks at them and say 'hey Don and Suzy your both have retail orders that arrived' and then each salesman gets to make the call that every customer loves to hear - hey guess what I just walked out back and saw your car come off the truck, I'll check on the PDI and get back with you on a delivery time".... I am hoping there are plenty of good dealers who go through this type of process as a routine, doesn't sound like it in your case... congrats and have a good day tomorrow!

Thanks for the info. I just sent a Hello and vin number to Eric and will see what happens. I am off to Las Vegas (brothers wedding) for the next couple of days and will read the response when I get back. Unless I can't wait and log in from the hotel.

ENJOY IT Gadgetgril!!!

GadgetGirl,

You should get the prize for longest order (other forum), but some who ordered in summer may have beat you there. In any case, that dealership should have offered you a year of free car washes if nothing else. Watch out for those nails with the Energi. I don't know how good that "fix-a-flat" stuff is.