Remote Start

bucky919

I didn't get any other details, but the sales guy at my dealer said they could install an aftermarket system that integrated into the factory fob (he said you'd press the lock button 3 times to start the engine). He said that if they installed it, it would not void my warranty.

• Like 1

Really don't want to carry another remote in my pocket all day. May look into getting a Viper alarm system, then I can use my phone for remote start. Will need to ask the dealer if it will void my warranty though. Car only has 300 miles on it so far.

The one that is advertised as an option on the Ford site (and available through the dealer) is definitely a second key fob. Which in my opinion is a complete waste, as you mentioned no one wants to carry around two key fobs. I guess if you're a woman and have a purse it's probably not as much of an issue.

I didn't get any other details, but the sales guy at my dealer said they could install an aftermarket system that integrated into the factory fob (he said you'd press the lock button 3 times to start the engine). He said that if they installed it, it would not void my warranty.

That would be nice. Can you get any more details on that?

Feel compelled to set you all straight. It's a one-fob remote start. I know the picture on the build page on the website shows a lame, second fob, but it's actually incorporated into the system.

I feel like you can imbed these, but I'm not quite sure how. So just check out the video below, and you'll see what the remote start/key fob looks like, and how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ1j9UJroHE

<p>Here's a video someone actually decided to take of the fusion key.  It's for an SE.  You can see on the bottom of the Fob, there's an EXTRA round button with the little circle-arrow guy.  This is added to the vehicle fobs that have remote start. </p>

<p> </p>

<p><a href="

">
</a></p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>At least he points to the button and says, "remote staht" (which I assume is start with his accent)</p>

Edited by broncosCA

That video shows the Titanium model and we all know it only has one fob.

I have the se hybrid and it has two fobs. On the key fob, where you should see the big circle icon, there is just a blank cover that is not a button. The extra fob has a huge antenna and one rubbery button with a circle icon.

Perhaps that was an early video from before the push button start was made a titanium only option.

Guest auser99

Yep, its a separate fob, with a single button.. not too big.

Did they give you another remote or can you use the key FOB that came with the car? I want to add remote start to my 13 FF SE, but I don't want another remote to carry around.

Ya I have the factory one on my F150 and the range isn't very good, but yes its all on the same key....I already have all the stuff to do an astro start, just need to find a wirring diagram.

I wish I had known as well.

Does anyone know if the remote start on the SE is the same as on the Titanium as far as automatically sensing the external temperature and automatically activating your heat, A/C, or heated seats as needed?