What a bunch of boring Forum Threads!!!!

Tazzel

• 4 weeks later...

Here's something I'll talk about that I don't think is boring. I worked late tonight and when I work until 10:00 or 11:00 I always have to look out for DUI's coming out of downtown. I don't know if this guy was drunk, but he thought he was hot sh!#. I was merging from one freeway to another where there are multiple ramps coverging into one. Suddenly out of no where there was a BMW (I could tell by the headlights, but don't know what series) right on my tail. There is a short distance where it's two lanes and this fart pickler pulled to the right and floored it, I anticipated that was what he was going to do, it took me a second to react so when he reached my rear door, I floored my EcoBoost and blew his freakin' doors off! GOD that felt good! He held back and didn't try anything funny before I reached my exit, he was probably still in shock that an CUV had that much power and even after his head start, made him and his Bemmer look silly.

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1

Here's something I'll talk about that I don't think is boring. I worked late tonight and when I work until 10:00 or 11:00 I always have to look out for DUI's coming out of downtown. I don't know if this guy was drunk, but he thought he was hot sh!#. I was merging from one freeway to another where there are multiple ramps coverging into one. Suddenly out of no where there was a BMW (I could tell by the headlights, but don't know what series) right on my tail. There is a short distance where it's two lanes and this fart pickler pulled to the right and floored it, I anticipated that was what he was going to do, it took me a second to react so when he reached my rear door, I floored my EcoBoost and blew his freakin' doors off! GOD that felt good! He held back and didn't try anything funny before I reached my exit, he was probably still in shock that an CUV had that much power and even after his head start, made him and his Bemmer look silly.

Not the safest but I LOVE it. This CUV (is that really what the term for the escape is? Honest question I've always owned cars) is faster than a lot of vehicles I've driven over my time. Love the from a stop acceleration thanks to 4WD and the quick boost but also even when cruising you can floor it and not even realize how quick it gets into the upper MPH!

and what would they be? what mods are you doing or thinking about doing?

Honestly not as much as my VW due to the fact I now have a warranty again and an extended one at that. But thanks to federal law some minor bolt on's will only void the warranty on the part you replace. I'd like a catback exhaust and would really love a chip tune like the Focus ST guy's have! Flash for performance then flash stock for service. Since we do have a cylinder for an air filter I don't really see the need for an intake because I'm sure between that and the turbo we have plenty. Going in. A catback would assist getting out. And we really don't need mufflers with our ecoboost cars...the dodge neon SRT-4 had no mufflers and stock was fairly quiet until you really got on it ;)