Any changes you plan to do?

One of the things my wife hates is how I can't leave things the way they come ... can't expect that from a Harley rider. As of now, there are 3 things I want to get done when the MKZ arrives.

1. Different wheels. I chose the Reserve Package over the Preferred Packaged because I like adding my own choice of wheels.

2. Ruby Red painted rear skirt. I have no idea why Lincoln is not painting them; I think this enhances the rear end appearance.

3. Replace the antenna. Hopefully someone will make a short or even a "shark fin" to replace the whip.

Forgot one so make that 4:

4. 5% window tint on all windows (including pano roof) ... it's hot in FL

You have anything planned in the future?

Edited by SMSgt B

Guess no one adds or changes anything to their cars; oh yeah, I forgot the average Lincoln owner age is 65. :stirpot:

lol I haven't decided on anything yet. I am going to the Portland auto show and hope I get a chance to see one in person. I will definitely get the windows tinted but debating on how it looks with the panoramic roof( wife wants it, I don't). Curious is there any ride difference between 18 or 19inch wheels?

lol I haven't decided on anything yet. I am going to the Portland auto show and hope I get a chance to see one in person. I will definitely get the windows tinted but debating on how it looks with the panoramic roof( wife wants it, I don't). Curious is there any ride difference between 18 or 19inch wheels?

On my Panamera, I went from 18" to 22" and the ride did get stiffer/harder due to the small profiles of the tires. Between 18" and 19" I really don't think you would feel that much difference. I plan on going to 20"s.

Question, is there any leather treatment that we can use to prolong the color and protect it from mishaps? Going to have kids in the back since it's going to be some what of a family vacationing vehicle.

The dealer might have something as an extra cost, but for me I like Lexol. I used this stuff on all my cars ... little pricy but worth it to me.

The dealer might have something as an extra cost, but for me I like Lexol. I used this stuff on all my cars ... little pricy but worth it to me.

That's good to know. I know the kids are going to make some sort of mess eventually but would like it to not stain so I can clean it when I get a chance. Thank you.

One of the things my wife hates is how I can't leave things the way they come ... can't expect that from a Harley rider. As of now, there are 3 things I want to get done when the MKZ arrives.

1. Different wheels. I chose the Reserve Package over the Preferred Packaged because I like adding my own choice of wheels.

2. Ruby Red painted rear skirt. I have no idea why Lincoln is not painting them; I think this enhances the rear end appearance.

3. Replace the antenna. Hopefully someone will make a short or even a "shark fin" to replace the whip.

Forgot one so make that 4:

4. 5% window tint on all windows (including pano roof) ... it's hot in FL

You have anything planned in the future?

Not making any changes here other than getting the darkest tinting that I can that is legal. To dang hot in Arizona too.......

Even cop cars have illegal tint here in FL. I even tint the front window to cut down on heat/glare.

It doesn't seem like they enforce the "Legal Tint Limit" here in Indiana anymore. I'd love to go beyond legal tinting on my GT500 but I'm worried that I'll come across the proverbial ass-hole cop and he'll make me start razor blading it off of my windows right there by the side of the road

It doesn't seem like they enforce the "Legal Tint Limit" here in Indiana anymore. I'd love to go beyond legal tinting on my GT500 but I'm worried that I'll come across the proverbial ass-hole cop and he'll make me start razor blading it off of my windows right there by the side of the road

I think that proverbial cop is here in Arizona now, my sister just ran into him and got a ticket for being over the legal tint limit. What a joke~~~ :salute:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...