Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Ok I am officially tired of waiting. I ordered my blue HyTi on 12/27/2012. Just called the dealer and no VIN yet. I asked if they could use one of their allocated units for my order, and they said they had none but would increase my priority. Also they said to call back Tuesday. My lease was up Feb 20th. So I am having to borrow a car now, and am afraid I won't be able to get the lease conquest bonus. I live in Jacksonville Florida. How can I find out if any dealers near me have a dealer stock order with a VIN already? I would be willing to jump ship to another dealer if they have the same approximate features as the HyTi I ordered.

Ok I am officially tired of waiting. I ordered my blue HyTi on 12/27/2012. Just called the dealer and no VIN yet. I asked if they could use one of their allocated units for my order, and they said they had none but would increase my priority. Also they said to call back Tuesday. My lease was up Feb 20th. So I am having to borrow a car now, and am afraid I won't be able to get the lease conquest bonus. I live in Jacksonville Florida. How can I find out if any dealers near me have a dealer stock order with a VIN already? I would be willing to jump ship to another dealer if they have the same approximate features as the HyTi I ordered.

You can always check dealer inventory through the Ford.com website by using your Zip Code. It will allow you to examine all dealer inventory that is available (on the lot and ordered). Orders show up when the VIN has been assigned. Don't talk to anyone but the Sales Manager if you want the real scoop from a source that should be in the know.

• Like 1

Go to this web site and pick the car that you want.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/

Ar some point you will enter your zip code.

I forget how deep in but there will be a dealer tab and an extended tab.

The extended tab will show your general area.

LucidLight, I reached that point yesterday. Searched my local inventory, found a car already built with everything I want and only 1 extra option, decided I would take that extra option if it means a shorter wait. The new dealer was a joy to deal with. I haven't yet told the first dealer they lost the sale...

But I'm sure they will be able to sell the Energi I ordered to some other happy soul... in June!

Jeff, thanks for keeping this list. You can mark mine as an Energi.

Here's a thought: in the Energi column, instead of just an 'x', enter either 'SE' or 'Ti'. Mine is a Titanium, as are most of the Energis ordered (I think the only reason people order an Energi SE is if they cannot stand a black interior -- for the Energi, the price difference between SE and Titanium is only $1500, which is a steal if you can abide with black).

• Like 1

Jeff, thanks for keeping this list. You can mark mine as an Energi.

Here's a thought: in the Energi column, instead of just an 'x', enter either 'SE' or 'Ti'. Mine is a Titanium, as are most of the Energis ordered (I think the only reason people order an Energi SE is if they cannot stand a black interior -- for the Energi, the price difference between SE and Titanium is only $1500, which is a steal if you can abide with black).

I like that idea, I'll have to go back an research everyone again, so I'll change them as I find them.

Good Catch!!!! Fusion2013 should check his order! This table may be even more helpful then thought.

JD/Fastronaut,
I tried to reply to your personal message but I received the following error. “Sorry, to send a private message you must have 40 posts.”
Thank you for brining that to my attention. I did order a Hybrid not an Energi. On the vehicle order confirmation it shows as P0R. The VIN is the one that the dealer sent me. I'll have to send him a note and see what's going on. Maybe they'll give me the Energi for the price of a hybrid. :)
Edited by fusion2013

JD/Fastronaut,
I tried to reply to your personal message but I received the following error. “Sorry, to send a private message you must have 40 posts.”
Thank you for brining that to my attention. I did order a Hybrid not an Energi. On the vehicle order confirmation it shows as P0R. The VIN is the one that the dealer sent me. I'll have to send him a note and see what's going on. Maybe they'll give me the Energi for the price of a hybrid. :)

NP. Most likely the dealer gave you the wrong VIN.

Production doesn't start until 3/18.

I thought production of Energi's had already started a while back! There are at least 15 Energi's showing up in the Ford Inventory odered by dealers in the South Florida area with build dates as early as 1/30/13.

This one is confirmed in transit to Metro Ford in Miami, FL. http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0SUXDR246667&ref=VL

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

I thought production of Energi's had already started a while back! There are at least 15 Energi's showing up in the Ford Inventory odered by dealers in the South Florida area with build dates as early as 1/30/13.

This one is confirmed in transit to Metro Ford in Miami, FL. http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0SUXDR246667&ref=VL

Regards,

APM

I'm talking about production for retail orders, after the OK to buy was given. Edited by neod192

I'm not really sure if I posted something about stock vs retail orders on energi's here. As Dealers get allocated Fusion Energi's, they give their rep order #'s and body code info to be built. I guess what I'm saying is: If I get allocated a Fusion Energi, I can give my rep a retail order. So retail orders can be built right now, if a dealer decides to to do it.

When I decided to buy a Energi, I asked my rep if I should change it to a retail order from stock, and he told me it wouldn't make a bit of difference. This is because I had already given him the order # to be picked up by Ford.

If you have a Energi on order, and your dealer has some coming in after your order was made, it is because the Dealer didn't get your order built. It's as simple as that.

According to fusionfan11 who works at a dealer, retails orders could have been built since they started building the Energi's.

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

Just an FYI: I talked Metro Ford in Florida (near Miami). Danny Galeas (nice salesman) looked it up and said it is in Transit, presently in Georgia and and should be at there dealership on Mar 19th. So if you want a White (tri-coat) 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi give Danny a call:

http://metroford.dealerconnection.com/Miami-Ft-Lauderdale/For-Sale/New/Ford/Fusion/2013-Titanium-Energi-White-Car/16258919/

PS: the VIN is 3FA6P0SUXDR246667 Note it has an "X" before the DR, I guess it does not have to be a number there.

Edited by taylorjd

does anone know if you can tell the dealer that a Fusion is going to from the VIN or Widow Stcker ??

Not that I know of. You can search the Ford inventory by Zip and with a little work look though Delaer inventories and sometime find it. But here is a trick I use that sometimes works, more so when it is close to getting there. Do a Google Search like: "VIN 3FA6P0SUXDR246667". That has worked a few time for me.

I ordered mine from Metro Ford. At the time I placed the order, there weren't any Energi's showing up in the Ford Inventory system. Less than a week after the order, three show up. I was a bit upset they didn't tell me they had any on order. I could have negotiated for one of those. Later they told me that they would not accept X-Plan on the ones they had already ordered, and that's why they offered to place a new order for me.

I guess they didn't have any more allocation for February and they had to wait until the March allocations for Ford to pick up my order. The Sales Manager told me they were given 2 Energi's for March build. One of those allocations ended up being for my order.

I'm still not sure I want to wait until who knows when to take delivery, so I'm waiting for one of the ones they ordered (not the white!) to come in to try to negotiate a trade for mine. Actually the plan I have is a lot more convoluted than a simple trade of the one coming in for the mine, so I'll see what happens!

I can provide the contact information of my sales person to anyone interested.

Regards,
APM

Edited by apm