Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Panic Time - Do you realize our cars are being built on the 18th? St. Patrick's Day is the 17th. You KNOW what that means ;).

Better check to see if the muffler is in front.

Your revelation makes me glad that I have to wait an extra week for my car to be built! :do what:

Hi fusionfan11,

Could you comment as to how many allocations for Fusion Energi's and Hybrid's did your dealer receive for March... My dealer (Metro Ford in Miami, FL). mentioned that they received 2 allocations for Energi's for March and they used one of those for my order. Another question I have is could have they received an additional allocation for an Energi because they were able to show my retail order to the Ford Rep? I'm still wondering why they are only selling retail orders on X-Plan... the only way this would make sense is if they were able to get an additional allocation, otherwise is a wash...

I have not tried to negotiate a trade of my retail order for a stock order, but I'm still planning to, but the one I'm waiting for is still stuck at the factory.

Interesting thing happened to me during a visit to the dealer this weekend... I was talking to the sales person that placed my order, he was telling me that they had sold a few Fusion Energi's and I told him that it wasn't possible because the car is not "available" yet, as we all painfully know. So he goes to another guy, not sure if it was the manager, to confirm, and of course he gets confirmation that he is wrong... this is the funny part... this guys turns to me and tells me.. you know that you will only be able to go 20 miles on this car before you need to recharge, right? I could not believe it! I replied in jest... I work out of my house, so that should be enough for me.

One one hand they are trying to say that the cars are in high demand so they can sell them at MSRP, but on the other hand they are turning people away from it... If I had not known as much as I know about the car, I probably would have walked away thinking that this was not a car but a toy.

Regards,

APM

How, or what plan the Dealer is selling a specialty car at has no bearing on allocation of Energi's. Thats their choice to sell one at X-plan. But I do think that since X-plan has such a minimal profit margin, some Dealers are not giving those orders for the current allocation, since it has been so small. Of course they just want stock orders so they can make more money.

To answer your question about allocation. Our first allocation was 4 Fusion Energi's, 2 C-Max Energi's and 2 Focus EV's. Last month they gave us 1 C-Max Energi (whoopie) and zero of everything else. This month I am expecting 2 more Fusions and 1 CMax.

And to your statement about the absolute stupidity that most Dealerships allow out of their employees, yeah, that is annoying. There are some rays of shining light out there, when it comes to Dealers, but they are few and far between. I'm lucky enough to be a part of one myself!

FYI... Ford Dealers get a Commodity & Constraints Letter on Monday afternoon with scheduling preview reports on both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings so that Dealers can adjust their orders prior to the actual scheduling that happens on Thursday mornings. Dealers get the actual scheduling confirmations in their Ford "mail" Friday morning along with the VIN #'s for the scheduled units. As such, Friday is the best day to get answers from your Dealer regarding scheduling status.

• Like 1

FYI... Ford Dealers get a Commodity & Constraints Letter on Monday afternoon with scheduling preview reports on both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings so that Dealers can adjust their orders prior to the actual scheduling that happens on Thursday mornings. Dealers get the actual scheduling confirmations in their Ford "mail" Friday morning along with the VIN #'s for the scheduled units. As such, Friday is the best day to get answers from your Dealer regarding scheduling status.

Anybody have a copy of one for this Monday??

Attached is a copy of Monday's Commodity and Constraints Letter for the New York region. The content will vary from region to region but this copy will give you an idea of the issues that dealers deal with on a weekly basis in order to get vehicles scheduled. Hope this helps!

Thanks!!

Attached is a copy of Monday's Commodity and Constraints Letter for the New York region. The content will vary from region to region but this copy will give you an idea of the issues that dealers deal with on a weekly basis in order to get vehicles scheduled. Hope this helps!

Dang, that's a lot of info to digest! I can see a lot of dealers ignoring most of it, or not sharing this with the salespeople.

Yup, clear as mud. :)

Wait, so NY people will have their cars held up for a shortage of sunroof? /cry

Please no! :cry: Where does it note orders in NY?

Power Tilt/Slide Sun Roof - CHAAL - (13B) - Optional on P0H with 203B or 204B or 205B or P0D or P0K Optional on 400A or P0L Optional on 503A or 504B or 505A Rapid Spec.)

Long Islander must not be getting a sunroof?

Edited by Former Expedition owner