2013 MKZ Tracking

Are you registered on owner.ford.com? If you are it will show the recall by your VIN#.

BTW- will the fuel delivery module affect mpg? I'm only getting 33.6, have it on Empower, and do mostly but not all city driving. I watch it and it isn't changing.

Yep, I sure am. I knew there was another site out there I had gone through the trouble of registering for. It shows no recalls for my VIN.

BTW- will the fuel delivery module affect mpg? I'm only getting 33.6, have it on Empower, and do mostly but not all city driving. I watch it and it isn't changing.

Since the big recall in the news today involves gas leaking, I would think it might affect your mileage. You are getting considerable less mpg than I am. I just read that Ford has a limited number of fuel modules needed to fix the problem, some owners will get them soon, others will have to wait until September.....which, if that happened to me, it would mean getting the fix one year after ordering the car :-)

I'm having this running email disagreement with my Lincoln Service Dept. I made an appt. to take the car in because of the recall but also emailed them to make sure they have the Fuel Delivery Module on hand if it needs replacement.

I wrote:

"I've just made an appt. online for Fri. 6/7 at 11:30 am and would like to confirm that you have the Fuel Delivery Module referenced in the Recall notice.
Thanks"

They replied:

"The recall process is the vehicle will need to be inspected first. At that time the technician will order the fuel delivery module for your vehicle, and you will need to return to have the part installed. If you have any questions, you may reply to this email or contact our service department."

I wrote back:

"I don't want to drive 68 miles round trip to be told I need to replace something Ford has told me I need to replace. I would like it to be done in one trip. If I come in and, after inspection, I'm told my particular vehicle doesn't need the fuel delivery module replaced that's somewhat acceptable. However, if I do need it replaced, I'd like your dept. to be prepared to do it then .... the beginning of the Lincoln Concierge Service I've been waiting for. If you're not prepared to do that Friday morning, please let me know when you will be."

They replied:

"Unfortunately, the part that is to be replaced is only available by special order. Ford/Lincoln has not made this part available to be pre-stocked. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you"

I replied:

"I am not pleased or impressed with this process. Why can you not pre-order using my VIN? My Owner's Advantage website says recall showing my VIN#. I understand it also says some vehicles may not be affected based on when they were built but that should already be known based on the build date for my VIN."

I haven't heard back on my last message and am debating about going.

Has anyone else made an appt. for this recall? And if so, have you checked to see if it'll require you to make two trips for the final fix? Am I being unreasonable? It certainly doesn't feel like it.

Edited by Dedonut

I'm having this running email disagreement with my Lincoln Service Dept. I made an appt. to take the car in because of the recall but also emailed them to make sure they have the Fuel Delivery Module on hand if it needs replacement.

I wrote:

"I've just made an appt. online for Fri. 6/7 at 11:30 am and would like to confirm that you have the Fuel Delivery Module referenced in the Recall notice.

Thanks"

They replied:

"The recall process is the vehicle will need to be inspected first. At that time the technician will order the fuel delivery module for your vehicle, and you will need to return to have the part installed. If you have any questions, you may reply to this email or contact our service department."

I wrote back:

"I don't want to drive 68 miles round trip to be told I need to replace something Ford has told me I need to replace. I would like it to be done in one trip. If I come in and, after inspection, I'm told my particular vehicle doesn't need the fuel delivery module replaced that's somewhat acceptable. However, if I do need it replaced, I'd like your dept. to be prepared to do it then .... the beginning of the Lincoln Concierge Service I've been waiting for. If you're not prepared to do that Friday morning, please let me know when you will be."

They replied:

"Unfortunately, the part that is to be replaced is only available by special order. Ford/Lincoln has not made this part available to be pre-stocked. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you"

I replied:

"I am not pleased or impressed with this process. Why can you not pre-order using my VIN? My Owner's Advantage website says recall showing my VIN#. I understand it also says some vehicles may not be affected based on when they were built but that should already be known based on the build date for my VIN."

I haven't heard back on my last message and am debating about going.

Has anyone else made an appt. for this recall? And if so, have you checked to see if it'll require you to make two trips for the final fix? Am I being unreasonable? It certainly doesn't feel like it.

My car doesn't show a recall with the various means necessary to determine. I've sent messages asking if this is accurate and not heard anything back yet.

I just spoke to Lincoln Customer Service and cancelled my service appt. for tomorrow. LCS told me I can wait to receive a letter from Ford telling me of the recall and instructing me to make a service appt. then. When I do that, the parts will be available and the car can then be repaired in one visit. She confirmed that specific VIN#s have now been tied to the recall and my vehicle is among them. So … I'll reschedule when I receive my letter unless I smell gas or see a fuel leak (at which time I was told to call the dealer because the car would be un-drivable and have to be towed in to them).

I was discussing my long highway rides and how the car felt like it was swaying/rocking side-to-side and I thought it was related to the suspension. I was told the setting I used (Comfort) which I thought was related only to Adaptive Cruise distance, was about ride control and not Adaptive Cruise and might be the reason for the ride.

a kirby posted on May 22:

Sport - Normal - Comfort is ride control and has nothing to do with adaptive cruise.

I finally went back and checked the Owner's Manual online. This is from the 2nd Printing, pg 214 and shows in Chart form the Sport-Normal-Comfort settings for Adaptive Cruise and their corresponding distances.

So … I guess the ride , i.e., the sway that we both continually felt on that long trip is back to the suspension issue. I think it's the 19" wheels and the touchy suspension … probably the Continuously Controlled Damping which I will have checked when it goes in on the recall.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODZHY/~MUS~LEN/42/13zhyom2e.pdf

Edited by Dedonut

Just went back and saw on Pg 235 that those settings also apply to the Drive Control. Will now go see what setting I'm on.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODZHY/~MUS~LEN/42/13zhyom2e.pdf

It was set to Normal and I've changed it to Sport. It wasn't a setting I was aware of so it must have been set to that when I picked up the car. I'll be on the Freeway today and will be interested to see if I feel a difference.

Edited by Dedonut

to see a suspension difference comfort vs sport...

set it on Comfort and enter a highway on a long sweeping curve, as they typically are.

Intentionally swerve just a little back & forth (gently) as you go over surface irregularities; at 50-60mp or so, that tiny weaving will cause swaying in Comfort mode.

In Sport mode, the swaying is gone or nearly so.

to see a suspension difference comfort vs sport...

set it on Comfort and enter a highway on a long sweeping curve, as they typically are.

Intentionally swerve just a little back & forth (gently) as you go over surface irregularities; at 50-60mp or so, that tiny weaving will cause swaying in Comfort mode.

In Sport mode, the swaying is gone or nearly so.

I drove about 65 highway miles yesterday and was on Sport most of the way, but I felt every bump in the road with the stiffer suspension. So, part way home, I switched it back to Normal. My setting was also on Normal, not Comfort, on my earlier cross-country trip.

Have you felt a noticeable difference in any rocking between Normal & Sport as opposed to Comfort & Sport? I would imagine there's a significant difference between Comfort & Sport but what I felt was while on Normal.

I drove about 65 highway miles yesterday and was on Sport most of the way, but I felt every bump in the road with the stiffer suspension. So, part way home, I switched it back to Normal. My setting was also on Normal, not Comfort, on my earlier cross-country trip.

Have you felt a noticeable difference in any rocking between Normal & Sport as opposed to Comfort & Sport? I would imagine there's a significant difference between Comfort & Sport but what I felt was while on Normal.

i never tried Normal vs Sport.

If i'm on highways, i use Sport to mitigate rocking.

If i'm on secondary streets i use Comfort to smooth out jolts like speedbumps.

No scientist, me.

LOL … yes, you are. You've tested the differences. I'm using also Comfort for in-town but Normal for highway. I just don't like the buckboard feel of the ride with Sport. :-)

hmmmm...

you may be onto something.

I WILL try yr method, using Normal on the highway. There are times i don't like Sport's clunking on concrete highways, ie over bridges.

Or i might just be imagining all this stuff :)

And with the steering wheel in hand as a stabilizer I don't think the driver feels all the same movements. I noticed the sway more when I was riding then when I was driving but I did notice it even driving.

Edited by Dedonut

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is not used for tracking anymore. Make 10 useful posts, wait until the 15th, then post in the Vehicle Locator forum. Your dealership should also be able to help you track your car.

Edited by timf