2013 MKZ Tracking

Remember me saying that Lincoln Customer Service as a conciliatory gesture will write a check to me for the equivalent of one months payment as if I had financed the purchase.

Well,I just received the check.It's for a whooping ....hold onto your hat.............$21.

So I guess that means that I could have financed the car & only paid $252 a year.

I can take my honey out for a burger,fries & coke.

I would call Lincoln customer service and question the amount you received. I waited 8 months to get my car and received 1/60 of the total price for my extended wait.

SOOOO worth the wait!

One touch up and down both work. Thanks to all of you, I wouldn't have even known to check the up feature. I just programmed one of our two garage doors (that is soooo nice) but I couldn't get the other one to take. Ill try again later when my husband is back home...I got tired of hitting the learn code button in the garage then running to the car...in my pajama pants lol. This was after my husband woke up and found me sitting in the car in the garage this am :) Should be a nice day to get some pics if someone would remind me where the pic blog is...

Also, just under 30 mpg...already exeeding my 08 Fusion after day 1

Congrats to you!

Here's the link to the pic blog:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52758-mkz-owners-and-car-pictures/

My wife mocks me as well for all the time I've spent with the car as well ..... (in the garage, on the forums, etc.)

:-)

Remember me saying that Lincoln Customer Service as a conciliatory gesture will write a check to me for the equivalent of one months payment as if I had financed the purchase.

Well,I just received the check.It's for a whooping ....hold onto your hat.............$21.

So I guess that means that I could have financed the car & only paid $252 a year.

I can take my honey out for a burger,fries & coke.

There has to be some clerical error on financing or your salesperson faxed in the wrong paper work. Call up LCS and I believe the person's name that is handling the 1st month is Dee.

Congrats to you!

Here's the link to the pic blog:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52758-mkz-owners-and-car-pictures/

My wife mocks me as well for all the time I've spent with the car as well ..... (in the garage, on the forums, etc.)

:-)

lol mine too but it pays to be in the know. I wouldn't have known about the issues with the car if I wasn't on here or ways to track and follow the cars production to finish. If you take care of your car, it will take care of you. That's how I see it as and I wouldn't have met all the nice people on here.

OK,Question for those who have a car now.

pg.357 of owners manual tells how to "upload photos for your homescreen wallpaper.

Settings>Display>Edit Wallpaper,then follow the system prompts to upload your photographs.

So the problem:

I first make of photo folder on my iTouch with 32 pics,the number that the manual says the car will upload.

When I attach the itouch,it starts to play some of the music files.I can't get it to access the photo gallery.

When at the MKZ screen prompt to "ADD' photo & I hit "ADD",a box appears saying,"NO DEVICE CONNECTED".

So I then tried using the Lincoln flash drive that comes in the wooden box.I attached it to my computer & put the pics on there.

Then I tried unsuccessfully to insert it into either of the two USB ports in the center console.No way will it go.It doesn't matter which side I put up or which USB port I try.

Any suggestions?

OK,Question for those who have a car now.
pg.357 of owners manual tells how to "upload photos for your homescreen wallpaper.
Settings>Display>Edit Wallpaper,then follow the system prompts to upload your photographs.
So the problem:
I first make of photo folder on my iTouch with 32 pics,the number that the manual says the car will upload.
When I attach the itouch,it starts to play some of the music files.I can't get it to access the photo gallery.
When at the MKZ screen prompt to "ADD' photo & I hit "ADD",a box appears saying,"NO DEVICE CONNECTED".
So I then tried using the Lincoln flash drive that comes in the wooden box.I attached it to my computer & put the pics on there.
Then I tried unsuccessfully to insert it into either of the two USB ports in the center console.No way will it go.It doesn't matter which side I put up or which USB port I try.
Any suggestions?

Not sure but I've read some where that there is a size limit to the wallpaper. You might have to reduce the size of the image. Ok found it, says you have to use USB storage or SD card. Each file has to be 1.5MB or less, and they recommend 800x384. Format is *.jpg *.gif *.png *.bmp

Edited by Serraph

Not sure but I've read some where that there is a size limit to the wallpaper. You might have to reduce the size of the image. Ok found it, says you have to use USB storage or SD card. Each file has to be 1.5MB or less, and they recommend 800x384. Format is *.jpg *.gif *.png *.bmp

All my pics are way under 1.5MB.

The car won't recognize ANY photo source,that's the problem.

Plus,I thought for sure that the flash drive Lincoln gives to new owners should fit the USB ports in the MKZ.Mine sure didn't .

Plus,I thought for sure that the flash drive Lincoln gives to new owners should fit the USB ports in the MKZ.Mine sure didn't .

What about the other requirements, not only size but resolution and type of file formats as well.

I formatted my Lincoln flash drive and put about 50 music CDs on it and it fits in the USB port and plays fine, but it is a little loose in the port.

Regarding the usb flash drive they gave in the wooden box, it fits and it does work. You might have to format the drive but I didn't have to with mine. It contains a small file congratulating you on your purchase.

Regarding the usb flash drive they gave in the wooden box, it fits and it does work. You might have to format the drive but I didn't have to with mine. It contains a small file congratulating you on your purchase.

i did not get the flash drive or the wooden box?!

I wonder what determines if a person gets the wooden box or not, or if it was some oversight of some sort. I’ll be taking delivery of my car in the next few weeks as it finally went into production last week.

I was sort of ambushed at the dealer with the box. I didn't know about it. They came up to me as I was about to leave and asked if I had received a box from them. I said no, so they told me I couldn't leave yet and ran to get it.

I wonder what determines if a person gets the wooden box or not, or if it was some oversight of some sort. I’ll be taking delivery of my car in the next few weeks as it finally went into production last week.

My dealer just told me that for some reason, the boxes and flash drives have not been showing up to the dealership until about 10-14 days after a car has been delivered to a customer ....

he told me to expect mine shortly ....

I got mine a week after I took delivery. Ask your dealer. Nothing terribly special about it.

It might be a preorder thing but I don't know for sure.

Here is a picture of the box and a comparison on what Caddillac is giving as well.

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2013/03/our-secret-shoppers-learn-that-when-you-buy-a-cadillac-or-lincoln-you-get-a-gift.html

It might be a preorder thing but I don't know for sure.

Here is a picture of the box and a comparison on what Caddillac is giving as well.

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2013/03/our-secret-shoppers-learn-that-when-you-buy-a-cadillac-or-lincoln-you-get-a-gift.html

If anyone is interested, I'll trade the wooden box and flash drive they gave me for the $1750 in rebates I missed out on by pre-ordering and waiting 6 months. Just today I got another $750 rebate card in the mail. Looks like someone at the new Lincoln Motor Company would be trying to stop the sending of salt to rub into the wounds of us early birds.

If anyone is interested, I'll trade the wooden box and flash drive they gave me for the $1750 in rebates I missed out on by pre-ordering and waiting 6 months. Just today I got another $750 rebate card in the mail. Looks like someone at the new Lincoln Motor Company would be trying to stop the sending of salt to rub into the wounds of us early birds.

You may still qualify for the .9% financing 36mo + $1000 conquest or just the $1000 conquest. I preorder and only got the $1000 financing. I think they put a stop to the $750 private cash. They said it wasn't combinable in that tier. For those that got both rebates $1750 I don't know if you have to return part of it or not or the dealer will just have to eat it. Plus also if you talked to LCS, they would have given you 1st month loan payment rebate. Just have your dealer faxed in the terms of the financing to LCS and they will send you a check.

The Lincoln Wooden Walnut box was supposed to be given at the time you took possession of your car. I did not know about the gift box until I completed a survey from Lincoln, which asked if I had received the gift box, to which I replied no. Sent a message to the dealership customer service rep, who was had not heard about the box. Thirty minutes later, a message was received from the customer service rep that she had the box and had put it on the back shelf for me to pick up. Since I did not feel this was the type of service the new Lincoln Motor Company was advertising, I responded that I was not coming by in the near future and suggested she be resourceful and figure out how to get it to me. I won't go into the remainder of the snafu, but I eventually had to pick it up from the salespersons desk from one of the other salespersons.

Now what is wrong with this picture? First of all the dealership was blindsided by the survey, which asked customers to fill out and answer a question about the gift box. Secondly, once the dealership found the gift box, that should have been delivered at car delivery, no apparent attempt was made to expeditiously deliver it to the customer( I live 10 miles from the dealership). Instead of the dealership catering to the customer, it became the customer informing them of the gift and then going back to pick it up. (customer catering to the dealership).

As for the gift box, it is beautiful and is perfect to store your fobs and flash drive. The 4 gig Flash drive, built in China, is not a standard flash drive we are accustomed to. If you look closely at it's plug end, you will note it does not have a slot that is used to keep the drive stable in the USB port. Although it will work, it;s weight, due to the Lincoln emblem, makes it fit sloppily in the USB Port, which could cause either a short or not make contact. .

.."As for the gift box, it is beautiful and is perfect to store your fobs and flash drive."..

Boy,I was looking thru my jewelry collection(2 watches,one ring,& a freebie shell necklace from the islands) & find that I have very few fobs.

You may still qualify for the .9% financing 36mo + $1000 conquest or just the $1000 conquest. I preorder and only got the $1000 financing. I think they put a stop to the $750 private cash. They said it wasn't combinable in that tier. For those that got both rebates $1750 I don't know if you have to return part of it or not or the dealer will just have to eat it. Plus also if you talked to LCS, they would have given you 1st month loan payment rebate. Just have your dealer faxed in the terms of the financing to LCS and they will send you a check.

I did not finance the car, but they did send me a check for the approximate amount of one month's payment as compensation for waiting so long and being given so many different delivery dates. But I got no rebates, even though I had received many rebate offers in the mail for other FMC cars. I also got the $100 'night out' card, which I promptly lost, and couldn't get replaced since I had only recorded the last 4 numbers on the card.

I do love the car, however, got 1600 miles on it and the MPG keeps getting better. Just got gas this morning, and the hand calculated MPG was 40.9 in all mountain driving.

I did not finance the car, but they did send me a check for the approximate amount of one month's payment as compensation for waiting so long and being given so many different delivery dates. But I got no rebates, even though I had received many rebate offers in the mail for other FMC cars. I also got the $100 'night out' card, which I promptly lost, and couldn't get replaced since I had only recorded the last 4 numbers on the card.

I do love the car, however, got 1600 miles on it and the MPG keeps getting better. Just got gas this morning, and the hand calculated MPG was 40.9 in all mountain driving.

Hmm, weird. It was a national promotion. The first one was $750, the April one listed $1000 rebate but you couldn't combine it with the $750 private cash from FMC. It might vary from city to city but some were able to combine the $1000 and the $750 private cash.

OMG.

so last time I posted, the car was in Benicia, CA, approx, 25 min drive from my residence. The salesman called me and asked my permission (last Friday, the 19th) to have someone go and drive it to Santa Rosa, about 50 miles, to the dealership. I said, yes, especially if it was going to get there faster!

We had an appointment all set up for last evening, to pick up the car, etc. . .

I received a call from the salesman at 5 pm last night, on my way to the appointment (by way of San Francisco). He wanted to reschedule our appointment for tonight, as the driver apparently picked up something pointy with a tire on the way from Benicia to Santa Rosa.

They had to order a new tire, which is supposed to come today, and it will be ready tonight. Oh, and by the way, this is all at "no cost to you." Damn skippy!

I haven't even SEEN the car yet.

I better see that little brown box as well and not have to ask for it! And I am going to make sure that they give me the $1000 and I'm pushing for the $750 as well. . .

Hope I have pictures tomorrow. But don't hold your breath.

:nonono:

OMG.

so last time I posted, the car was in Benicia, CA, approx, 25 min drive from my residence. The salesman called me and asked my permission (last Friday, the 19th) to have someone go and drive it to Santa Rosa, about 50 miles, to the dealership. I said, yes, especially if it was going to get there faster!

I received a call from the salesman at 5 pm last night, on my way to the appointment (by way of San Francisco). He wanted to reschedule our appointment for tonight, as the driver apparently picked up something pointy with a tire on the way from Benicia to Santa Rosa.

They had to order a new tire, which is supposed to come today, and it will be ready tonight. Oh, and by the way, this is all at "no cost to you." Damn skippy!

I better see that little brown box as well and not have to ask for it! And I am going to make sure that they give me the $1000 and I'm pushing for the $750 as well. . .

I'm still waiting for my little brown box :-(

Kim - you're almost there ....... :-)

Enjoy your weekend! (and drive lots!)

OMG.

Yes good luck with getting both rebates and cash back. I was only able to get the $1000. Don't forget your first month loan payment is on LCS if that was offered to you.