Profit sharing checks

All profit share checks are taxed the same, regardless of your exceptions. Electing to put your check in tesphe is the only way to get around the tax. Also, you can only claim exempt on your regular checks if you had a refund last year.

Married and 99 is the way around the federal tax! I know because I've done it!...at DTP you can turn your filing status in the week before you know your getting it, not sure if its the same at other plants.

Married and 99 is the way around the federal tax! I know because I've done it!...at DTP you can turn your filing status in the week before you know your getting it, not sure if its the same at other plants.

you're not "getting around the federal tax" you're just delaying it. the government will get there cut, it's just a matter of when.

Not a Ford employee, but at our company I use the profit sharing check to prefund Health Savings account (or, if you have it 401k, IRA, anything pre-tax) since profit sharing is usually taxed at higher than your normal rate. Since it gets pulled out pre tax, I'm taxed less on the higher taxed money, but I'm nto a financial planner...

Not a Ford employee, but at our company I use the profit sharing check to prefund Health Savings account (or, if you have it 401k, IRA, anything pre-tax) since profit sharing is usually taxed at higher than your normal rate. Since it gets pulled out pre tax, I'm taxed less on the higher taxed money, but I'm nto a financial planner...

You can do that here too, I usually put a % in TESPHE and take a % home. I just choose to have the % taking home not to have any federal taking out. It doesnt really affect me when I file in Feb.

Then don't post in here! Ford employees only forum!

• Like 1

Filing tax exempt and 99 will work on a regular paycheck...but will not work on the profit sharing because it is a bonus check. You will pay 25% on it regardless of what you file...that is a guarantee....unless you put it all in TESPHE...as I always do!

Edited by Ktp1989

Filing tax exempt and 99 will work on a regular paycheck...but will not work on the profit sharing because it is a bonus check. You will pay 25% on it regardless of what you file...that is a guarantee....unless you put it all in TESPHE...as I always do!

If you put it all into TESPHE then state,fica,city and union fees will come out of a regular paycheck. If going TESPHE route I suggest putting in 85 or 90% otherwise dont be surprised when your next paycheck has all those taxes taken out, TESPHE only guards you from federal taxes all the others will get theirs.

I sound like a broken record, it works on bonus checks too!!!!!! I know people that did it with their moving allowance, I've done it with profit sharing, have you????? obviously the people saying you can't don't know!!!

I sound like a broken record, it works on bonus checks too!!!!!! I know people that did it with their moving allowance, I've done it with profit sharing, have you????? obviously the people saying you can't don't know!!!

I know when I have done this it worked, however state, fica, city and union dues are still taken out maybe thats were the mix up is /shrug

If you put it all into TESPHE then state,fica,city and union fees will come out of a regular paycheck. If going TESPHE route I suggest putting in 85 or 90% otherwise dont be surprised when your next paycheck has all those taxes taken out, TESPHE only guards you from federal taxes all the others will get theirs.

I am quite aware...been doing it for years. Sometimes takes several weeks to catch up the taxes from the state...but will be worth it at retirement. But the 85 percent works if you can't afford to pay the taxes the coming weeks.

I put 92% into TESPHE last bonus and the rest into my Ford Interest Advantage account, and what was deposited was less than $10.

I have heard anyone that gets over $7k raises a red audit flag for them to start checking you out according to my accountant.

What about all the people getting a $10,000 IRS refund check? Is that a scam? I heard several elected union officials have been doing this for years?
Edited by mtprubberrat
  • Like 1