Order priority code - anyone know what it means?

Deermouse

I order an Energi just over a month ago, still waiting for VIN. I do have a "Vehicle Order Confirmation".

I noticed that along with dealer code, order number and assorted info about the car I ordered, there is this:

"Priority: 10"

"Order type: 1"

"Price level: 335"

The priority 10 does not sound good to me, but since I have no idea what their codes are, maybe it's not so bad.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much.

I order an Energi just over a month ago, still waiting for VIN. I do have a "Vehicle Order Confirmation".

I noticed that along with dealer code, order number and assorted info about the car I ordered, there is this:

"Priority: 10"

"Order type: 1"

"Price level: 335"

The priority 10 does not sound good to me, but since I have no idea what their codes are, maybe it's not so bad.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much.

10 is the absolute best priority you can get from a dealer. Only Ford can go lower and lower is better.

Lowest is better. Retail (customer) orders get 10-19. Dealer stock gets 20-99. Both are set by the dealer so they can control which cars get built first within each range. Only Ford can set a priority lower than 10 which is usually reserved for special circumstances (e.g. having your car pulled from the assembly line and confiscated by the government for crash testing.)

Priority 10 is the best dealer priority, but it is only how the dealer intends to prioritize his own orders. When the Ford Rep comes in, the dealer gets one or more allocations to order. What really matters is the number of allocations and just which order number the dealer decides to assign. You could be one of several 10's. Ask your dealer about his allocations.

Edited by Fastronaut

Priority 10 is the best dealer priority, but it is only how the dealer intends to prioritize his own orders. When the Ford Rep comes in, the dealer gets one or more allocations to order. What really matters is the number of allocations and just which order number the dealer decides to assign. You could be one of several 10's. Ask your dealer about his allocations.

Exactly. If you're 10 but there are 5 other 10s then you may be 6th in line. If you're 19 but the only retail order then you're first in line.

• Like 1

Currently all Fusion Energi's go to a priority "1" when they are "pulled" for a build week. So, it's easy to tell which one is being pulled because the priority changes before anything happens. This is because the Energi is a "specialty" vehicle right now.

Dealers can't control this directly, but they actually do because they give their rep the order # and body code that they want selected out of the Energi's that are allocated to them.

Confusing.