MAP C-crew ending??

WayneGirl1970

Over the past few weeks rumors have been going around stating that MAP C-crew will be ending soon and will be sent to Flat Rock due to the amount folks needed. UAW plant commiteeman stated that this will happen in April. However, other plant committee folks stated this is simply not true. Since I know how "polictics" work on the plant floor anything is possible. Has anyone else heard this?

The C-Crew rumor has been alive and well since before C-crew even started. It has been ending every month since last july/august. It is now feburary. Now the new rumor is April, But the last time someone felt the urge to start it back up C-crew eneded last month... Wow, Feburary and March are being skipped?

The fact is, Ford is/ has been positioning itself to have most if not all of its NA plants on a 3 crew op. There is a reason why they chose to close so many plants due to over capacity and being underutilized. Just quick and easy math, Have 20 underutilized plants, Or 10 and at full tilt. They are going with full tilt.

The union cannot stop Ford from running its buisness.

i've also heard this rumor floating around i call bs also..I've also started hearing the rumor of tag relief starting in april...Just come to work do your job and ignore all the bs floating around.. I heard the same rumors while at MTP for 6 years plus before the shift ended...

MAP will stay on 3 crews. Ford would not be testing 1,000+ people for Flat Rock with the intention of hiring them knowing that MAP would be dropping a shift and transferring those workers to FRAP. Focus sales are still hitting 250,000, even with the skyrocketing sales of the Fusion. Most families need the extra space that a Fusion has and that's why it has outsold the Focus. With gas prices near $4 a gallon in Feb. and probably hitting all time highs this spring, Focus and C-Max sales will rise because of their fuel mileage and lower price compared to the Fusion. More people can afford a $25,000 Focus than a $35,000 Fusion. They will want the extra space, but may not be able to afford it. With high fuel, food and energy prices, customers will need a lower car payment and high gas mileage. The Focus and C-Max provide that. Ford will keep 3 crews because 2 crews would have to have massive overtime and STILL not keep up. MAP would probably have floating down weeks like DTP does when production drops temporarily. The international told us at Flat Rock that MAP will stay on 3 crews, 50 MAP workers would be able to sign for FRAP, with around 300 total transfers coming there, and then around 1,000 new hires for b-shift. As long as your sales stay high enough, you'll need 3 crews. Ford wants to save money with less overtime and more new hires, so that favors you guys keeping 3 crews.

MAP will stay on 3 crews. Ford would not be testing 1,000+ people for Flat Rock with the intention of hiring them knowing that MAP would be dropping a shift and transferring those workers to FRAP. Focus sales are still hitting 250,000, even with the skyrocketing sales of the Fusion. Most families need the extra space that a Fusion has and that's why it has outsold the Focus. With gas prices near $4 a gallon in Feb. and probably hitting all time highs this spring, Focus and C-Max sales will rise because of their fuel mileage and lower price compared to the Fusion. More people can afford a $25,000 Focus than a $35,000 Fusion. They will want the extra space, but may not be able to afford it. With high fuel, food and energy prices, customers will need a lower car payment and high gas mileage. The Focus and C-Max provide that. Ford will keep 3 crews because 2 crews would have to have massive overtime and STILL not keep up. MAP would probably have floating down weeks like DTP does when production drops temporarily. The international told us at Flat Rock that MAP will stay on 3 crews, 50 MAP workers would be able to sign for FRAP, with around 300 total transfers coming there, and then around 1,000 new hires for b-shift. As long as your sales stay high enough, you'll need 3 crews. Ford wants to save money with less overtime and more new hires, so that favors you guys keeping 3 crews.

Deflep1..........You are so right about the gas. I was in Chicago this weekend and gas entering was $4.02 exiting chicago was $4.27. And snow is stil on the ground. un-believable.

You stay under the unions desk!

You stay under the unions desk!

I'm not a fan of either the union OR the company, and I don't see how from my post you could jump to that conclusion for the union. I do my job well (as most of us do) and don't have to resort to have the union protect me or do favors for me. If the company violates the contract, then I make the union do their job and enforce it. I'm there to make a great product, make the company a great profit and get my paycheck, NOT to play games.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of either the union OR the company, and I don't see how from my post you could jump to that conclusion for the union. I do my job well (as most of us do) and don't have to resort to have the union protect me or do favors for me. If the company violates the contract, then I make the union do their job and enforce it. I'm there to make a great product, make the company a great profit and get my paycheck, NOT to play games.

Oh I'm sorry your pulling double duty, you do half day under the unions desk and the other half under the supervisors desk!! Sorry for the mistake.

Oh I'm sorry your pulling double duty, you do half day under the unions desk and the other half under the supervisors desk!! Sorry for the mistake.

I'm sorry I couldn't fit under either desk because YOU were already there! Real workers don't have to resort to calling someone a kiss ass, try looking in a mirror, little country...and you will see the kiss ass. I was commenting in this post about the positive reasons why the rumor at MAP dropping c crew won't happen. It wasn't a pro union OR pro company post. You just seemed to want to fantasize about some guys under a desk....maybe you need to seek a therapist about that and not spout off with unintelligent thoughts! Don't be sorry for the mistake.. your parents already are.