MFT annoying bug solution ??

blockisle9

I know there is probably no solution to this, but I will ask anyway. Has anyone found a work around for the MFT changing quite often from what was playing and changing to USB? Even when I'm using USB it defaults back to the beginning of the USB.

It drives me insane!!

Thanks

I've found once or twice that what appears to be happening is that the iPod doesn't power off when you turn the car off, so if the iPod battery is drained it starts over again from track 1 when the car starts again and begins to recharge the device. Appears to be a few different root causes to this one.

Its actually the system crashing, if you notice after that happens and it switches you the USB it will say "Rebuilding Voice Command Index (or something like that) after it happens.
Now that you mention it, yes it does say that, but not all the time.

Maybe a fuse pull is in order.

I looked quick, the fuse panel seems hard to get to tucked up under the dash on the passenger side.

Edited by blockisle9

• 1 month later...

Got some advice on another board, so far so good, only time will tell.

I turned the auto play off. So far after 4 day it does not default to the USB and when using the USB it always starts playing from where I left off and not at the first track on the drive.

What through me off was the setting said autoplay on / off for blue tooth devices. I didn't think playing music through a USB flash drive was a blue tooth device.