Switching (Cycling Through) Entertainment Presets

tch2ffh

I don't recall seeing the Source button. It sounds like what I would want. Is it available on all of the MFT screens? If so, great.

Please excuse my earlier rant. I just realized you may have MFT without the Sony system so you may not have a Source button on the center stack like the Titaniums. So if you have a SE or SE hybrid that would explain it. If you do have a Titanium and simply ignored my previous posts let me know so I can put back the scathing 48 pt. remarks. :)

Edited by akirby

According to the owner's manual, it's "sat 2", not "sirius 2". Check out pages 368 (FM) and 373 (SAT).

I've never had Sync misunderstand me before (or, at least, before this), but I can't make the radio part of this work. I can sat sat 1, sat 2, etc and those work great. I said "fm 1" and she said she didn't understand me. I said "fm 2" and she said something along the lines of fm 100 is an unrecognized frequency. Odd. I'll have to try again tomorrow on my way to work.

Ah, but remember the goal we're trying to accomplish here -- switching between preset groups, or whatever it is you call them.

In other words, I have XM1, XM2, and XM3. XM1-Preset 1 is Alt Nation. XM1-Preset 2 is Lithium. XM2-Preset 1 is 90s on 90. We're trying here just to switch between groups/banks/whatever you call them such that you can then use the forward/back buttons on the steering wheel to advance among presets in that bank.

I've never had Sync misunderstand me before (or, at least, before this), but I can't make the radio part of this work. I can sat sat 1, sat 2, etc and those work great. I said "fm 1" and she said she didn't understand me. I said "fm 2" and she said something along the lines of fm 100 is an unrecognized frequency. Odd. I'll have to try again tomorrow on my way to work.

I experimented with this last night. You may have to precede "fm 1" with the word "radio"

<talk button>

You: "radio"

MFT answer: "radio"

*ding*

You: "fm 1"

Please excuse my earlier rant. I just realized you may have MFT without the Sony system so you may not have a Source button on the center stack like the Titaniums. So if you have a SE or SE hybrid that would explain it. If you do have a Titanium and simply ignored my previous posts let me know so I can put back the scathing 48 pt. remarks. :)

I do not have the Titanium. Here is what my center cluster, below the MFT looks like.

wxEE9no.jpg

I'd gladly trade you the source button from my TI center stack for the seat heater buttons you get in your SE on the stack. :)

That's the one thing I'd like to see changed - although it's not that big of a deal.

BTW - if you have MFT you can set the right hand LCD to navigation and it will show you the next turn and current speed limit there - you don't have to leave it on the navigation map. I keep mine on entertainment most of the time and this works well.

I can't speak for the OP... but for me, the difference is the amount of distraction involved. You need to watch the little screen as you browse through all of those menus and keep moving your finger around the directional/okay buttons. Pressing one button several times doesn't involve nearly as much distraction.

Yep. Those are my feelings on it as well. It isn't just about the number of button pushes. For me, it is less distracting to push a media button several times than looking over to the screen, pushing entertainment, then moving over to and pushing the smaller-buttoned preset groups, then going back up to push navigation. The single media button can be pushed 7 times in under 2 seconds, and I don't have to take my eyes off the road and down to something else when doing it; I know by now how many times to push to get to what I want. And using the smaller display to the right of the speedo is definitely out of the question if you want to avoid distraction. That menu system and button pushing for switching preset groups is a mess.

And a "source" button does me no good as I don't have one.

And finally, regarding some people's continued disdain for my desire for a "media" button: I guess at this point I have to say I could care less what you think about it. My preference versus your's.