Lincoln version of the Explorer?

newworld

I'm not sure about the Titanium amounting to what was Mercury... Ford has had the Limited trim for a while which was loaded with goodies. Same thing but a different name for the trim. That was the problem, a fully loaded Fusion was near the same as a fully loaded Milan with little difference.

Well, there was no Limited trim on the Fusion as far as I know prior to the exit of Mercury. Yes, the Explorer had a lot more of the "goodies", but most other Fords with Mercury counterparts really didn't. Taurus, Escape, Fusion, etc all maxed out about where the SEL trim is now. But yes, even then, the difference between the Ford and Mercury really wasn't that significant.

Well, there was no Limited trim on the Fusion as far as I know prior to the exit of Mercury. Yes, the Explorer had a lot more of the "goodies", but most other Fords with Mercury counterparts really didn't. Taurus, Escape, Fusion, etc all maxed out about where the SEL trim is now. But yes, even then, the difference between the Ford and Mercury really wasn't that significant.

Yeah you are right about the SEL trims. I've always thought the Mercuries look a tad bit nicer than most of the Ford varients.

I've always thought the Mercuries look a tad bit nicer than most of the Ford varients.

Used to be true in a lot of cases. I really like the current design direction Ford is taking the brand though. With the Fords themselves starting to look pretty elegant in their own right, the "small things" Mercury did to glam it up a bit become even tougher to do.

Yeah you are right about the SEL trims. I've always thought the Mercuries look a tad bit nicer than most of the Ford varients.

I bought my 2006 Mercury Milan Premier because, in my opinion, it looked better than the comparable Fusion of the time. It was about the same price and has that imitation wood trim on the dash, which I grew to like. I wish Mercury was still around.