What is wrong with this picture?

lmp180psu

912968_10200730019790187_994256772_n.jpg

Give up?? Looks what is missing. Yep, the chrome trim piece under the rear quarter window came off. I was parked this afternoon when something caught my eye. The top edge of the trim piece was slightly apart from the car. I touch it and the piece came right off. Any ofthe glue or adhesive that held it on seems to be gone. I am shocked it stayed on like it did and I was doing some higher speed driving this weekend. I took my car to get an oil change(which has its own issues now), and they washed it as part of the service. Maybe the force of the car wash knocked it loose. When I take it back to correct the oil change issue (they put in too much oil and I want it drained and filled to the right level), I will have them reattach the piece hopefully. Talk about cheap and "ghetto" looking....ughhh.

That's just one car. Don't judge quality of a car that sells hundreds of thousands by the outliers in the bunch. That piece was probably not assembled right from the start...then again as the author noted maybe it was the wash it went through in which its not Fords fault but the car wash place for using unnecessarily high-power washing..which could damage anyones car, not just this one in a number of ways. When chrome trim begins falling from Fusions all across america then we can talk about the quality of the adhesion.

That's just one car. Don't judge quality of a car that sells hundreds of thousands by the outliers in the bunch. That piece was probably not assembled right from the start...then again as the author noted maybe it was the wash it went through in which its not Fords fault but the car wash place for using unnecessarily high-power washing..which could damage anyones car, not just this one in a number of ways. When chrome trim begins falling from Fusions all across america then we can talk about the quality of the adhesion.

But this is the internet. If it happened once it must be true for EVERYONE!

To OP - sucks man, but i guess that's what a warranty is for, right?

• Like 1

I had a piece of the black strip come loose by the driver side door mirror (outside vertical), took it to Ford to have them fix it. Within a week, was coming loose again. I super glued it the last time and has held ever since. Sometimes, you just have to fix things yourself.

• Like 1

But this is the internet. If it happened once it must be true for EVERYONE!

To OP - sucks man, but i guess that's what a warranty is for, right?

I wasn't implying that this is an issue with all Fusions, but it is disappointing to see on such a new vehicle. Never know if it could become an issue with other fusions though. I am not bitching. I have been quite happy with my hybrid so far.

I am taking it in tomorrow to have them reattach it hopefully.

If they used a power wash it could of just been horrible luck. The angle at which the person holding it caused the jet to blast at an edge of the chrome and as the guy stood there just blasting away more and more water starting going into that crevice essentially pulling it apart..you have to remember that on a micro level that force of water could blast cities straight off the map (think about what would happen to an ant mound or the "ever strong" spider web that's 5 times the strength of steel of the same weight when blasted with such pressures. it will rip right through them)...and so when he was finally done washing your car the poor piece was barely hanging on to the car underneath until...poop...it just fell off. Your piece may not have been as hardly attached to the car as it should have been on an edge, but nonetheless...whatever that free wash was...they caused the strip to weaken and get pulled up from its adhesive roots! I'd blame the dealer and their washing practices.

Edited by Powered By Fusion

Hope they make it right.

Did ya learn the lesson about accepting the free car wash? :)

(horrible "freebie", dirty towels, slap dash, etc......nothing good to be said, better the car stay dirty)

That's true...and it sucks when they want to wash your car EVERYTIME YOU TAKE IT IN FOR THEM TO COVER SOMETHING UNDER WARRANTY...im starting to see fine scratches all over the touch panel black area on the door. It really sucks that area is made of glossy plastics because its the outside of the car and scratches so damn easily. Truly only for hands only. Any rag would scratch that.

Edited by Powered By Fusion

That's true...and it sucks when they want to wash your car EVERYTIME YOU TAKE IT IN FOR THEM TO COVER SOMETHING UNDER WARRANTY...im starting to see fine scratches all over the touch panel black area on the door. It really sucks that area is made of glossy plastics because its the outside of the car and scratches so damn easily. Truly only for hands only. Any rag would scratch that.

Yep, have to tell them not to do it. Last dealer I used did a "hand wash"........go in the back & see towels laying all over the floor, hanging out of the bucket = no thanks, that will not be touching my car.

I like my buffer and all but I'd prefer not to use it to fix someone else's damage :hysterical:

• Like 1

Guest RRF985

That's why you tell them not to wash it. I specify that every time the car goes in.