Woodhaven Stamping to Close?

The workers can't follow their jobs unless there are openings, not to mention the fact that the work will be totally different. I have family at Woodhaven and they are being told that the plant will not close but will have limited staffing. The rest are being told that they will end up at Flat Rock.

• Like 1

We really don't know what is going to happen here at WSP, but I'm sure we will find out after the next contract. I don't see it staying open on a smaller scale, it makes no sense financially with a building this size.

As far as Dearborn Stamping doing all the F150 work, that is incorrect. Besides DSP stamping parts, Buffalo Stamping, Michigan Stamping, Chicago Stamping, and DDMP will be making parts for the F150.

We really don't know what is going to happen here at WSP, but I'm sure we will find out after the next contract. I don't see it staying open on a smaller scale, it makes no sense financially with a building this size.

As far as Dearborn Stamping doing all the F150 work, that is incorrect. Besides DSP stamping parts, Buffalo Stamping, Michigan Stamping, Chicago Stamping, and DDMP will be making parts for the F150.

I would not be suprised to see Woodhaven be another stamper for Flat Rock and Avon Lake stamping parts for the Mustang and the next gen Taurus/MKZ. I did hear a while back that Chrysler was looking at perhaps purchasing Woodhaven, but I have my doubts.

I would not be suprised to see Woodhaven be another stamper for Flat Rock and Avon Lake stamping parts for the Mustang and the next gen Taurus/MKZ. I did hear a while back that Chrysler was looking at perhaps purchasing Woodhaven, but I have my doubts.

The Mustang parts have all be assigned, with Flat Rock stamping most of them, and other Ford plants stamping the rest. Flat Rock will also stamp Fusion parts. Not sure about the next Taurus/MKZ , but I'd bet Chicago would keep stamping them.

The Mustang parts have all be assigned, with Flat Rock stamping most of them, and other Ford plants stamping the rest. Flat Rock will also stamp Fusion parts. Not sure about the next Taurus/MKZ , but I'd bet Chicago would keep stamping them.

Have you been assigned any new work? Do you make stampings for other vehichles aside from the F-150?

Other than a new outer for the Navigator, we have no new work coming. Besides the F150 work, we also stamp many parts for the Mustang, Focus/Escape/C-Max, and Expedition/Navigator. There has been talk of the Focus work going to MAP. Also, I think the Expedition/Navigator gets a redo in MY 17. If that happens, I'm sure they will move the jobs that we do now down to KTP.

Other than a new outer for the Navigator, we have no new work coming. Besides the F150 work, we also stamp many parts for the Mustang, Focus/Escape/C-Max, and Expedition/Navigator. There has been talk of the Focus work going to MAP. Also, I think the Expedition/Navigator gets a redo in MY 17. If that happens, I'm sure they will move the jobs that we do now down to KTP.

Thanks for the info. At least you have some diversity there. Good luck to you!