Yet Another Obama Administration Scandal

I guess it's OK when your side does it.

I never said it would be ok. What I did say is that you posted a link to two liberal hack pieces that have no merit. Both of the those articles were written May 14, 2013. That's four days ago, how convenient. It's the age old "But Bush did it too. It's Bush's fault." That doesn't hold any water with me nor does it work for most Americans anymore. If this Church investigation was such a big deal then there would have been Congressional hearings. The liberal media would have splattered it all over their cable news shows non-stop. There would have been demands by liberal Congressmen for jail time and so on. None of that happened. You know why, because there' no there, there. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the Church in question really did violate some IRS rules? Guess not. Guess its okay when liberals violate tax law (ahem Charlie Rangel). The big, HUGE, difference between what you posted in those two articles and now is this.

1. The IRS has already admitted that they purposely targeted conservative groups. They didn't do that in the case you linked.

2. The IRS targeted numerous conservative groups, well over 70 I believe. In your link? One group was "supposedly" targeted but all we have for proof on that is your say so and the say so of some liberal Church leader. Doesn't really hold water for me.

The President committed multiple felonies. He should have went to jail. Did it ever occur to you that America was weakened by this scandal and had an effect on Carter's Presidency and America's standing in the world at the time?

It occurs to me that long before Nixon and Watergate we had John and Bobby Kennedy who were two of the biggest dirt bags ever to hold office and Teddy was by no means any better. So if you're looking to place blame for a President that weakened America's standing in the world we could easily go back to JFK. JFK apparently thought that the only reason to get elected President was so that he could be famous and screw every chick in sight. But actually running and governing the country? Naaaaaah. Heck for that matter we could list off numerous other Presidents that preceded either Nixon or JFK that were weak and ineffective leaders.

Edited by BlackHorse

If it hadn't been for Nixon, we wouldn't have had Carter.

So, are ya kinda cheering for Nixon now?

No. My point is he embarrassed this country on the world stage he weakened our reputation so badly, he weakened Carter's standing to other nations. People did not trust govt anymore and that weakens us to other countries.

Harry Truman said the Nixon lies so much he doesn't know what the truth is.

To your point, if there was no Carter there wouldn't have been a Reagan.

No. My point is he embarrassed this country on the world stage he weakened our reputation so badly, he weakened Carter's standing to other nations. People did not trust govt anymore and that weakens us to other countries.

See Fired, no matter what, it's always a Republican's fault.

• Like 1

Uhahahahaa whatever.

Jimmy Carter wasn't an embarrassment because of Nixon. He was an embarrassment because he was world class fuck up, just like most liberals.

To his credit he at least was a Governor of state, so he had at least a minimum level of working with state lawmakers and handled budgets & spending.

Obama ? Well most of us are now seeing what no experience on working with others and no comprehension on spending does.

Obama does make Carter look good.

Perhaps a "Thank you" would be appropriate.

Come on, the rest of you saw THAT coming!

He's a scape goat Langston. It doesn't matter how many hairs you try to split. The guy was fired to take the fall for something he had nothing to do with. It was done for the sake of appearance to the general public and not out of any actual effort to correct the problem. When you finally come to that realization then we can continue, but until then you're just another libtard having a fit.

I'm not having a fit. I'm explaining something to someone who's politics interferes with his ability to critically think, that's you if you didn't catch it.

The deputy commissioner who is the acting commissioner is not a scapegoat, he's the man in charge who gets removed for the scandal that happens under him.

I'm not having a fit. I'm explaining something to someone who's politics interferes with his ability to critically think, that's you if you didn't catch it.

The deputy commissioner who is the acting commissioner is not a scapegoat, he's the man in charge who gets removed for the scandal that happens under him.

No, you're pretty much having a fit. In the arena of critical thinking liberal ideology is its own failure. Liberalism is the failed fool of an idea that people can make a better or even perfect society if we all just agree to turn everything over to the government. The notion that government should provide food, housing, jobs, job security, complete protection from crime and criminals 100% of the time (thus the anti-gun movement). The idea that government can "force" everyone to get along, a notion that defies human nature unfortunately. I always like to describe liberalism this way. Liberals like to believe that we can make a society just like the society they have on Star Trek and that the way to achieve such a society is to turn all of our endeavors over to the governing authorities. The whole cradle to the grave nanny state. Government will tell you what to eat, how to exercise, how much sleep to get, how much money your worth, when you're too old to be a useful member of society anymore. The thing is, this isn't anything new. Liberalism is just the new name that this idea goes by. But every time that it has been tried, it has failed utterly. It has only managed to create tyranny, oppression, misery and destruction. Ultimately it collapses on itself. Those of us who can think critically understand this about liberalism and we are trying to help you see it. What you believe in, is a lie. Always has been. Sorry to burst your bubble but there it is.

And here's the best part Langston, you don't to be some deep thinking analytical scientist to figure this out. All you have to have is eyes and common sense. Look at the city of Detroit. Run by liberals, with out of control unchecked liberal policies over the years. Unions ruled the roost. The place is a bankrupt ghost town. It has failed, utterly. How about Chicago? Big time liberal government there. The place that gave us Barack. Their finances are in trouble, due in part to the fact that they rely heavily on the liberal state government, who also has financial trouble. Crime is through roof despite the most strict and draconian gun laws in the country. All in all, its a shithole. How about California? The state is bankrupt, crime again is through the roof and year over year the state loses more residents than it gains. That's because people can read the writing on the wall. Great weather, crappy government. Not worth staying. Across the nation if you look at the heavily liberal areas, its there that you'll also typically find the most crime and the most financial trouble. Why? Because liberalism doesn't work. Its a bright shiny lie.

Edited by BlackHorse

It doesn't matter what I say, in your feeble brain the problems of Detroit is whittled down to the fact that it's had liberals in government. You won't address the race, greed and power issues along with flight that has affected this city. For you it's easier to suggest it's liberals fault rather than look at complex issues.

Edited by Langston Hughes

It doesn't matter what I say, in your feeble brain the problems of Detroit is whittled down to the fact that it's had liberals in government. You won't address the race, greed and power issues along with flight that has affected this city. For you it's easier to suggest it's liberals fault rather than look at complex issues.

Mr. Forest, meet the Trees!

• Like 2

I would personally like to say "thank you" to Reagan for screwing the American middle class with his Trickle Down economics.

And while were at it, a big fat thank you to Obama for running up more national debt in four years than all the previous Presidents combined. That's doing wonders for the middle class isn't it?

Oh God wake up. Detroit was absolutely destroyed by liberalism and its failed policies. If you can't see that you're just hopeless.

And while were at it, a big fat thank you to Obama for running up more national debt in four years than all the previous Presidents combined. That's doing wonders for the middle class isn't it?

All other Presidents combined? Your statement is wrong. He came into office already 10 trillion in debt. Added about 6 trillion in debt.(with 1.2 trillion ?attributed to the moron ahead of him) So how is that running up more debt than the other Presidents combined? He would have had to more than double the debt to make your statement true. He is 4 trillion short.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/usdebtanddeficit/p/National-Debt-Under-Obama.htm

From the Article:

On January 20, 2009, the day he was sworn in, the debt was $10.626 trillion. By January 20, 2013, it was $16.687 trillion -- a difference of $6 trillion. Year by Year Breakout:

• FY 2009 - Although this was actually President Bush's last budget, it was being implemented during Obama's first year. Congress agreed to add the first year's worth of spending from the Economic Stimulus Act to this. That $253 billion accrues to Obama.
  • FY 2010 - Obama's first budget created a $1.293 trillion deficit.
  • FY 2012 - The deficit was the largest in history, at $1.327 trillion.
  • FY 2011 - It contributed $1.299 trillion to the debt.
  • FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $901 billion, was less than $1 trillion.

President Bush added $3.294 trillion to the debt in eight years thanks to the Bush tax cutsand the War on Terror, both of which were responses to events that happened in his first year in office.

As for the middle class, wouldn't you think the Republicans redistributing money up to the rich for the past 30 years is what is really hurting the middle class? The republican economic policy known as trickle down economics is what has ruined the middle class.

450px-Productivity_and_Real_Median_Famil

300px-2008_Top1percentUSA.png

Note the times of prosperity,on the charts above and below.

350px-US_high-income_effective_tax_rates

400px-CEO_pay_v._average_slub.png

It doesn't trickle down.

Edited by partsisparts

All other Presidents combined? Your statement is wrong. He came into office already 10 trillion in debt. Added about 6 trillion in debt.(with 1.2 trillion ?attributed to the moron ahead of him) So how is that running up more debt than the other Presidents combined? He would have had to more than double the debt to make your statement true. He is 4 trillion short.

From the mouth of your own guy. I mean you can keep making excuses for him if you want but it just comes off sounding pathetic.

This is the same guy who promised to cut the national deficit in half in his first term. Last I checked 16 trillion is not half of 9 trillion. Thanks for playing, seeya next week.

Edited by BlackHorse

From the mouth of your own guy. I mean you can keep making excuses for him if you want but it just comes off sounding pathetic.

This is the same guy who promised to cut the national deficit in half in his first term. Last I checked 16 trillion is not half of 9 trillion. Thanks for playing, seeya next week.

Let me show you where you are wrong. First of all using your incorrect numbers the debt now would have to be 18 trillion to make your statement correct. If you have problems figuring that out find the closest 5th grader and I am sure he/she can help you.

The video you are showing me was taken in the summer of 08 while Obama was on the campaign trail. 1.3 trillion dollars of debt is from Bush's 2009 budget, which had not yet been completed. So at the time Obama was right the debt was at 9 trillion. When he got into office the debt was then 10 trillion because the budget for 2009 was done and approved.

Also, next time try to reply with something relevant. I just showed you where the republicans have been screwing you for the past 30 years and your response is a video of Obama 5 years ago? And you call a bash of the republican parties economic policies an excuse for Obama? How do you figure?

Try to keep up.

Edited by partsisparts

Listening to this, I could see him getting TEA PARTY PATRIOTS support for his stance. Too bad there was only as much substance to his stance as there is in the holes in Swiss cheese.

He flip-flopped once it was HIS turn to spend our children's money.

Can you deny we have snuck into the bedroom of our sleeping children, stolen their piggy bank and left an I.O.U.?

This isn't a simplistic either/or, republican/democrat, "They did it first so we get to do it", "Where were you when Bush did it"........................argument.

It's about ignoring the consequences of our actions and kicking the can down the road.

Obama's had 8 years or more as a government figure and has yet to EVER produce a single dollar of difference of current spending. It's only the vague promises of future results or blaming the fact he was too overwhelmed by the job he campaigned for to effectively improve the spending levels of the country.

A cut in growth is not a cut in spending. Spend 3 trillion in 2008 vs. spend 1 trillion in 2013 is a cut, not 15 billion cut from projected and built-in growth.*

*-numbers cited are not intended to reflect any particular values regarding actual budgets. I am not debating that point. It's the definition of "cuts" I am concerned with...and the debt passed on beyond actual FY budgets.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Let me show you where you are wrong. First of all using your incorrect numbers the debt now would have to be 18 trillion to make your statement correct. If you have problems figuring that out find the closest 5th grader and I am sure he/she can help you.

The video you are showing me was taken in the summer of 08 while Obama was on the campaign trail. 1.3 trillion dollars of debt is from Bush's 2009 budget, which had not yet been completed. So at the time Obama was right the debt was at 9 trillion. When he got into office the debt was then 10 trillion because the budget for 2009 was done and approved.

Also, next time try to reply with something relevant. I just showed you where the republicans have been screwing you for the past 30 years and your response is a video of Obama 5 years ago? And you call a bash of the republican parties economic policies an excuse for Obama? How do you figure?

Try to keep up.

Oh my God none of that crap you posted even matters. Here is all that matters. Republicans and conservatives were already upset about the fact that Bush had run up the deficit. Obama promised to cut the deficit in half in his first term. Instead he added trillions more. That's all that matters. I'm not going to quibble with your silly ass over a trillion here and trillion there. It absolutely doesn't matter. All that matters is the deficit was run up even further by the very guy who said that doing such a thing was unpatriotic and promised he was going to cut it in half. He didn't, . . . he lied, . . . . again. That's all that matters. Get over it.

Oh my God none of that crap you posted even matters. Here is all that matters. Republicans and conservatives were already upset about the fact that Bush had run up the deficit. Obama promised to cut the deficit in half in his first term. Instead he added trillions more. That's all that matters. I'm not going to quibble with your silly ass over a trillion here and trillion there. It absolutely doesn't matter. All that matters is the deficit was run up even further by the very guy who said that doing such a thing was unpatriotic and promised he was going to cut it in half. He didn't, . . . he lied, . . . . again. That's all that matters. Get over it.

At the time he didn't know he was going to inherit the greatest economic disaster in 70 years either. It seems to me that all you care about is trying to blame Obama for something. Anything.

None of the stuff I post matters but what does, is what a candidate says during a campaign speech? You've been being screwed by the very people you fight for and don't even know it. I point it out to you and in your mind a campaign promise is more important. Wow! Are you snowed!

At the time he didn't know he was going to inherit the greatest economic disaster in 70 years either. It seems to me that all you care about is trying to blame Obama for something. Anything.

None of the stuff I post matters but what does, is what a candidate says during a campaign speech? You've been being screwed by the very people you fight for and don't even know it. I point it out to you and in your mind a campaign promise is more important. Wow! Are you snowed!

Wrong again....in his own words while campaigning in 2008, he said it was the worst recession since the great depression, so how can you say he didn't know how bad it was and he said he was the candidate who could fix it......he didn't

even ran up more debt...try to keep up...

Wrong again....in his own words while campaigning in 2008, he said it was the worst recession since the great depression, so how can you say he didn't know how bad it was and he said he was the candidate who could fix it......he didn't

even ran up more debt...try to keep up...

And the President himself has said he did not know the extent of the damage caused by the republicans until after he was President. He knew it was bad but not how bad.

And the President himself has said he did not know the extent of the damage caused by the republicans until after he was President. He knew it was bad but not how bad.

Do you have reading comprehension problems.....he said it was the worse recession since the great depression...so he absolutely knew.....he has failed...can't make it any more plan than that