Spotted: Sterling Gray (2014?) MKZ in Birmingham, Michigan

I don't know whether this was already a known 2014 color choice, as I've been out of the loop for a while. It looked a shade or two lighter than the sterling gray that's available on the navigator, but it could have been the same color. For those who don't know, Birmingham is a posh suburb near Detroit where a number of auto execs live, and its common to see test/future models driving around here. The car looked great in this color and its nice to see Lincoln presumably adding a gray option to the color choices, especially since all of the MKZ's competitors offer one. I presonally didn't care for the Smoked Quartz. I had pretty much made up my mind to go with another BMW or an Audi for my next car, but this may have brought the MKZ back into contention. I'll have to see it for more than 5 seconds though before I make up my mind.

Edited by artds

I have an mkz and live in b'ham; haven't observed any non-stock (MY2013) colors around. You sure it wasn't the smoked quartz or silver? Those are the two color options currently available in the gray spectrum- it would seem unusual to add a third option.

• 3 weeks later...
I have an mkz and live in b'ham; haven't observed any non-stock (MY2013) colors around. You sure it wasn't the smoked quartz or silver? Those are the two color options currently available in the gray spectrum- it would seem unusual to add a third option.

I'm 100% positive. It was sterling grey or something close to it. Definitely not one of the existing 2013 color options.

Edited by artds

• 3 weeks later...
Sterling gray, as far as I know, is a color choice for all Lincoln vehicles.

That's incorrect. It wasn't offered as a color choice on the 2013 MKZ. This was likely due to Lincoln wishing to push the new smoked quartz color, and not wanting to have too many options in the gray spectrum.