Trickle-down despair at Ford

Stupid media, sure ford is going thru a tought time, but why all the ganging up on them? GM is in far worse situation than ford, and toyota and honda are having wonderful quality problems now, but that stuff just gets overlooked so everyone can pick on ford, iam hoping and rather confindent ford can fix this and will be happy when they start bitch slapping these other companies in sales and quality soon.

heck, my 99 contour, which was supposed to be a giant pos, has outlasted other quality jap cars.

Ford will always be a target because of family control. I do agree in time Bill Ford should just focus on being Chairman of the Board and turn over day to day operations to a CEO outside of the family. If Ford of North America does get turned around I could see Mark Fields get the big job. The Way Forward will be his test and he knows it. If he can pull it off he will get the CEO job.

David Kiley, with David Welch as a spotter. Wonder if this was done to make sure he got all his facts straight.

"That churn has left Ford with models less exciting than those of Toyota , Chrysler, and General Motors (GM), just when the original restructuring plan should be yielding fruit."

Funny. How does one measure "exciting"? Is the Fusion more exciting than the Malibu and Stratus? Is the Mustang more exciting than the G6 and Monte Carlo? Since when does excitement count for anything? I'm so tired of industry hacks alleging that all Ford needs are some 'home run' products. This whole industry needs to be off that crack. What Ford needs is consistent execution, well packaged. Not one Chrysler 300 and one Chrysler Sebring, not one Pontiac Solstice and one Pontiac G6. Not a Caliber and a Compass, anything but the thoroughly inconsistent output of the other domestics.

Edited by RichardJensen

"That churn has left Ford with models less exciting than those of Toyota"

What is this guy on crack? Toyota makes absolutely the ugliest and most boring cars on the road. If Toyota has such exciting models, why did they just kill off their only sporty models: the Celica and MR2 Spyder? I know it's not just about sporty models, but at least not every Ford model blends in with everything else on the road.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: