Ford Will Not Update Focus Electric For 2014

I get that Ford is not making any changes to 2014 Focus EV but it is also not making any changes to 2014 Focus... so the premise of the article seems flawed. The only change in the entire 2014 Focus line up is the return of SE Sports appearance package.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

Pick one or the other on the Focus. There is something different, unlike Focus EV.

I get that Ford is not making any changes to 2014 Focus EV but it is also not making any changes to 2014 Focus... so the premise of the article seems flawed. The only change in the entire 2014 Focus line up is the return of SE Sports appearance package.

I think Germany and Europe will be more conducive to the Focus EV, it makes far more sense to sell it there than the USA

With electric charges at roughly 3 x's higher then North America in many of EU countries, I don't think EV sales will be more then a slight blip on the sales charts.

I think UK will see some growth, but so far the EV sales in the EU are next to nil.

High percentages of EV sales in the EU so far are in rental and car sharing programs.

Also Germany doesn't offer consumers financial incentives to buy EVs, whereas many of the EU countries do offer incentives to buy EV's.

Amounts as small as Sweden's €470,00 to Denmarks's massive €20,588.00 incentives are doing diddly squat to move the EV's.

I read 1st quarter EV sales in US was around 13,000, whereas over here 1st quarter was around 5,500 which compared to last year is a big jump (+39%).

Still, it wasn't impressive – EVs only made up 0.23 percent of market share in Western Europe during that time, according to the Automotive Industrial Data (AID) newsletter

I think Norway is the hot spot for EV sales.

I know here in Estonia, there are charge stations all over the place, but still sales are pitiful

Here is a article regarding Estonia going electric.

Estonia's total population is only 1,286,000

TALLINN (Reuters) - Estonia has become the first country in the world to install a nationwide system of fast chargers for electrical vehicles, the manager of the new system said, as part of European efforts to reduce carbon emissions.

The 165 chargers were produced and installed by engineering group ABB, and construction was financed from the government's sale of 10 million surplus CO2 emission permits to Japan's Mitsubishi Corporation.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-20/news/sns-rt-us-estonia-environment-carsbre91j1em-20130220_1_electric-cars-electrical-vehicles-estonia

Edited by MKII