Finding a Fusion on Ford Site

sdotlow

So my current quote is $200 over invoice, can't get any other dealers to come near that price. This seems to be in line with X - plan pricing. I think I might just take this deal. $200 over invoice for a car that hasn't been test driven once sounds not so bad.

So my current quote is $200 over invoice, can't get any other dealers to come near that price. This seems to be in line with X - plan pricing. I think I might just take this deal. $200 over invoice for a car that hasn't been test driven once sounds not so bad.

Good price but see how much they want to charge for a doc fee. X plan limits doc fee to $75 (or $100 - forgot exactly).

$200 for Doc fee in Maryland. It's dropping off the truck tomorrow and I'm having them put it aside until Saturday when I can get up there.

X-Plan also charged a $275 admin fee ontop of invoice pricing, and possibly an ad fee. I feel this is a pretty good deal. I heard back from other dealerships with the same optioned vehicle and none of them would come close to that offer. All other offers were $900 over what I was being quoted, so I jumped on the car.

I'm beyond excited! I'll post pictures this weekend if everything goes as planned.

Approved!!

I'll be picking up my check at the credit union tomorrow, and going to buy my new car tomorrow evening! I'm so beyond excited!

Thanks for all of the information guys! I ended up getting $60 over invoice per Edmunds. Another dealership I was trying to get pricing from said Edmunds pricing is wrong, and invoice is actually $500 over what they're claiming it is. She sounds full of it. If so, I got my car for under invoice.

I'll post pictures when I can drag myself from behind the wheel!

$200 for Doc fee in Maryland. It's dropping off the truck tomorrow and I'm having them put it aside until Saturday when I can get up there.

X-Plan also charged a $275 admin fee ontop of invoice pricing, and possibly an ad fee.

It's actually (invoice minus 0.4%) + $275.

It's actually (invoice minus 0.4%) + $275.

I stand corrected. I thought it was + 0.4%. I should have just gotten an Xplan PIN. My deal wasn't bad though. $60 over Edmunds invoice. I'm curious why this other salesperson was telling me Edmunds invoice pricing was $500 lower than her invoice showed. If that's the case, I'm getting my Titanium for well under invoice. I had the dealership put together the purchase order for my credit union so my price is locked into place.

31,020 out the door. 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium with Navigation, H Spoke rims and Moonroof. This includes $1500 rebate and the $750 coupon.

And it was just delivered to the dealer today, so it got put aside and will have 0 miles.

I'm curious why this other salesperson was telling me Edmunds invoice pricing was $500 lower than her invoice showed.

Is there a $500 rebate that is being figured in on the Edmunds site, but not in the dealer's quoted price, that would make them even?

I stand corrected. I thought it was + 0.4%. I should have just gotten an Xplan PIN. My deal wasn't bad though. $60 over Edmunds invoice. I'm curious why this other salesperson was telling me Edmunds invoice pricing was $500 lower than her invoice showed. If that's the case, I'm getting my Titanium for well under invoice.

Simple. Edmunds (and all other online invoice sources) doesn't include the FDAF (advertising fee). It varies from vehicle to vehicle and by geographic location. It averages around $500. It's a legitimate charge that Ford pays to the local Ford dealer associations to cover local advertising costs. It is already included in any final invoice prices, MSRP, A/Z/D/X plan prices so you normally don't see it but if you're using an online pricing source you need to add it to get the true dealer invoice.

Simple. Edmunds (and all other online invoice sources) doesn't include the FDAF (advertising fee). It varies from vehicle to vehicle and by geographic location. It averages around $500. It's a legitimate charge that Ford pays to the local Ford dealer associations to cover local advertising costs. It is already included in any final invoice prices, MSRP, A/Z/D/X plan prices so you normally don't see it but if you're using an online pricing source you need to add it to get the true dealer invoice.

Then the other dealership 20 miles away from me didn't include the same fee. I also asked the sales manager (the one that said I was wrong about edmunds) if they were including the ad fee or gas in the invoice price they were quoting me, and they said no they were not. That it was just the invoice cost of the vehicle and MSRP.

After signing all of the papers I was chatting with the woman that sold me my car. I told her about what had happened with the invoice pricing. She implied the sales person was lying or altered the invoice in some fashion. She also said it's impossible for people to get over on customers now a days, and some sales people get frustrated and just lie. She said that what she gave me was a little over invoice, and there's no way another dealer 20 miles down the same road had an invoice for more than $500 what they paid. She had nothing to gain, I had finished signing the papers and we were shooting the shit before I left.

So I was being lied to in one shape or form.

Then the other dealership 20 miles away from me didn't include the same fee. I also asked the sales manager (the one that said I was wrong about edmunds) if they were including the ad fee or gas in the invoice price they were quoting me, and they said no they were not. That it was just the invoice cost of the vehicle and MSRP.

After signing all of the papers I was chatting with the woman that sold me my car. I told her about what had happened with the invoice pricing. She implied the sales person was lying or altered the invoice in some fashion. She also said it's impossible for people to get over on customers now a days, and some sales people get frustrated and just lie. She said that what she gave me was a little over invoice, and there's no way another dealer 20 miles down the same road had an invoice for more than $500 what they paid. She had nothing to gain, I had finished signing the papers and we were shooting the shit before I left.

So I was being lied to in one shape or form.

Just to be clear - it's not a separate fee per se. It's just a line item on the invoice that gets included in the final invoice price. The bottom line invoice price already includes it as do the A/Z/D/X plan prices on the invoice and the MSRP. So when they say they aren't adding a fee for FDAF or fuel it usually means they're not adding it as a separate fee, but if they're quoting you dealer invoice then it's already included.