2014 MKZ now on Lincoln website

• 2 weeks later...

The window sticker appeared on 8-8 dated 8-7. Also, my dealer called on 8-8 and said the car was in production and would be shipped soon. Since I could not see any changes, I asked the dealer on 8-13 if the build had happened and was told it would be released from the plant on 8-14. Yesterday on 8-15 ETIS showed a build date of 8-14. The car was unavailable on support.lincoln.com yesterday evening, but shows up this morning indicating a need for the latest SYNC update. Hopefully, it will pass through QC and be on a train soon. I contacted Lincoln Concierge on 8-13 and spoke with Paula who seemed very nice and said she would check into my car and get back to me, but so far she has not done so three days later.

Still no 2014 MKZ on lincoln.com, but they are advertising something called Lincoln Black Label which seems to consist of three new interior color schemes with a picture of an MKZ rear end so it must apply to 2014 MKZs. Without the normal coverage of MKZs, the price and availability cannot be determined, but I didn't care for the schemes so that does not bother me. I am just ready to get the car and start driving it. I see a lot of 2014 MKZs listed on dealer inventories that have window stickers with dates as much as a month before mine and some of which say in stock so surely the 2014s are either at some dealers or on the way. When they will reappear on lincoln.com is a mystery.

Thanks for the update! Did you order the multicontour seats?

I did order the multi-contoured seats and my vehicle looks like it's about a day behind techman's. I also had a scheduled date of 8/12 but my window sticker is dated 8/8 and it only showed up on ETIS this morning with a build date of 8/15. On Monday, I received an e-mail from the sales person that showed dates 8/12, 8/27, and 9/2. Based on what I've read elsewhere, I have reason to believe that 9/2 is when it will be at the dealer. I didn't feel like registering at support.lincoln.com so I don't know if it's also needing the SYNC upgrade.

As far as the Black Label, I don't think it's a good sign when 90% of your ad features something other than the product. It also sound like they want us to pay extra for the luxury experience we were already promised. I think the prior interior designers with their contrasting top stitch fetish have made a comeback.

I see a lot of 2014 MKZs listed on dealer inventories that have window stickers with dates as much as a month before mine and some of which say in stock so surely the 2014s are either at some dealers or on the way.

You should check out Cars.com. They have numerous 2014 MKZs with pictures so you can be assured they are actually at the dealerships. Since I ordered the platinum dune, I was anxious to see an actual photo rather than the poor color renditions on Lincoln's site or the chips available at the dealership. Now I'm waiting for a platinum dune to show up at a nearby dealership so I can see it in person. From photos, I like the color but don't yet love it.

Late this afternoon got notification from dealer that my MKZ is on a railcar and he provided the ETTX number for it. The ETA is 9-2 like MickeyZ's which is Labor Day so I don't know if that will work out. Shouldn't be long now if nothing untoward happens.

Late this afternoon got notification from dealer that my MKZ is on a railcar and he provided the ETTX number for it. The ETA is 9-2 like MickeyZ's which is Labor Day so I don't know if that will work out. Shouldn't be long now if nothing untoward happens.

Hmm...It seems mine should come sooner since Socal is a whole lot closer to Hermosillo than NC but I guess I won't whine too much :rant:

Been tracking the rail car since Sunday. By Sunday morning it was in AZ and got to NM by the middle of the day. By Monday morning it was barely in OK and in the middle of KS by the end of the day. Today (Tuesday) it seems to be stuck in Kansas City at "Interchange" which I assume is a rail yard where it has to catch another train. Looking at the Union Pacific and CSX system maps, it looks like it might go to St. Louis and get transferred from UP to CSX. After that there are a lot of routes, but the shortest looks like over to West Virginia and on to Virginia to either Richmond or Virginia Beach. I know RJNorris from the MKZ tracking thread said his was in VA before it came down to his dealer which is only 40 miles east of me. His took 16 days from Build to Delivery. With my Build of 8-14 that would be 8-30, but my ETA is still 9-2. I know a lot can happen between KC and here so I won't hold my breath, but it is fun to watch its progress from Mexico to here.

Just checked ETIS to see if anything has been added. It hasn't, but for laughs check this entry:

Body Style:

4 Door Saloon

I hope the people who built the car were not thinking about where they were going after work like the data entry person seems to have been. On the other hand, maybe Ford does have a Saloon body style, and I just do not know their codes. It certainly conjured up some images of the New Lincoln Motor Company that I have not seen in their advertising.

Just to finish the tracking story. The railcar went on Norfolk Southern (not CSX as some others experienced) from Kansas City to Illinois, to Indiana, got stuck for a day in Ohio then on to West Virginia got stuck again in Roanoke, VA, finishing in New Bohemia, VA, near Petersburg about 12:20 yesterday morning and delivered to the Ford depot between I-95 and I-295 at 5:30 AM. I just got a call from the dealership. It got here, which is a two hour drive from New Bohemia, this morning at about 8:30 AM, and I am scheduled to pick it up around 6:00 PM. That is 12 days from build to delivery which is a far cry from almost all the experiences in the tracking thread in March and April, and even 4 days faster than RJNorris's record 16 days to the town 40 miles from here that made every one jealous in March. I hope MickeyZ's is in his driveway and came even faster. The first ETA was 9-2 and the second last week was 8-29 so 8-26 was a surprise. This is my 14th post so I won't need the 15 posts to use cyberdman to track it for me. After over a year and a half, I hope it was worth the wait. I am sure it will be from all the positive comments of the people (even xgman) on the other threads and my 35 mile test drive four months ago.

Still showing 2013 MKZs on lincoln.com and even the MKS has reverted to 2013. Maybe the title of this thread will be true soon with a lot of 2014s already in showrooms and in driveways--crazy. Meanwhile anyone who wants to see pricing and option details can go to kbb.com and edmunds.com. By the way, I did get the $1,000 Conquest and a $750 Private Cash incentive included with the Fusion brochure I asked for earlier which applied to Lincolns also. While the decrease in included scheduled maintenance from 4 years to only 2 (a $660 cost to restore) amounted to a price increase along with the $45 increase in the 102A package, I think the resale value when I trade it in will be more than that versus a 2013.

Just to finish the tracking story. The railcar went on Norfolk Southern (not CSX as some others experienced) from Kansas City to Illinois, to Indiana, got stuck for a day in Ohio then on to West Virginia got stuck again in Roanoke, VA, finishing in New Bohemia, VA, near Petersburg about 12:20 yesterday morning and delivered to the Ford depot between I-95 and I-295 at 5:30 AM. I just got a call from the dealership. It got here, which is a two hour drive from New Bohemia, this morning at about 8:30 AM, and I am scheduled to pick it up around 6:00 PM. That is 12 days from build to delivery which is a far cry from almost all the experiences in the tracking thread in March and April, and even 4 days faster than RJNorris's record 16 days to the town 40 miles from here that made every one jealous in March. I hope MickeyZ's is in his driveway and came even faster. The first ETA was 9-2 and the second last week was 8-29 so 8-26 was a surprise. This is my 14th post so I won't need the 15 posts to use cyberdman to track it for me. After over a year and a half, I hope it was worth the wait. I am sure it will be from all the positive comments of the people (even xgman) on the other threads and my 35 mile test drive four months ago.

Still showing 2013 MKZs on lincoln.com and even the MKS has reverted to 2013. Maybe the title of this thread will be true soon with a lot of 2014s already in showrooms and in driveways--crazy. Meanwhile anyone who wants to see pricing and option details can go to kbb.com and edmunds.com. By the way, I did get the $1,000 Conquest and a $750 Private Cash incentive included with the Fusion brochure I asked for earlier which applied to Lincolns also. While the decrease in included scheduled maintenance from 4 years to only 2 (a $660 cost to restore) amounted to a price increase along with the $45 increase in the 102A package, I think the resale value when I trade it in will be more than that versus a 2013.

Just talked to the dealer and my vehicle HAS ARRIVED!!!! :banana piano:

I was trying to be patient but after seeing your post, I decided to call and check. I also never had the rail info so I couldn't track the seemingly leisurely route it took to get from Hermosillo to Los Angeles (when techman's made it all the way to VA in less time). I'm going to go see it today and perhaps take delivery tomorrow. The dealership is about 30 miles from my job and maybe 20 miles from my house (unfortunately, not in same direction), but with LA traffic, who knows how long it will take......... I don't know if I'll get the private cash since the one I have expired 6/3/13. Hopefully, I'll get the conquest.

I hope MickeyZ's is in his driveway and came even faster

BTW, I am a "she" ;)

Sorry about the wrong gender assumption, MickeyZ. I assume you got it yesterday and it is in your driveway or you are out on the road enjoying it. I took mine on a 200 mile trip Tuesday, and it was everything I expected and more. Those reviewers that disparage the MKZ don't know what they are talking about. Even though technology has been my game for many years, it will take me a while to absorb all that is on this car and make full use of it. One little thing that I did not know about but appreciate a lot is that with Navigation, there is a little speed limit sign inside the speedometer display. It isn't always there, but for a lot of roads it is, and it takes about 100 feet to change after passing the speed limit sign. That would have saved me from both of the last two tickets I got years ago when in strange territory, and I thought the speed limit was 10 miles higher than it was. My trip was fairly slow with nothing over 63 mph, but the dash was showing up to 29.2 mpg for a while which I think is great for a new engine and the V-6. I am sure it will be less when I drive on 70 mph roads soon, but I am amazed that that high was even possible. Like everyone else, I have to say that the wait was worth it. I only miss my Nissan 350Z when I corner with a little speed. I will get over it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...