2013 MKZ Electrical Problem

On Saturday my MKZ would not start. A series of system faults appeared on the screen. The car was towed to the dealer on Monday. Two days and a new battery later I picked up the car and stopped at a store. When I returned same issue. It would not start and a number of messages listing faults appeared. Back to the dealer where they tell me there is a communications problem between the various sensors. It was obvious they had no idea what the codes indicated. They are contacting Ford and are going to request an engineer to evaluate the problem. They said that the process may take a week.

I debated between the Lexus and the MKZ and I am not feeling confident in my decision. I have enjoyed my 2500 miles but, this is my 4th time back in 3 months to the dealer for electrical and paint issues. I am becoming a bit frustrated. I am not sure how long I will wait before looking into taking action to replace this car.

I would think that Lincoln Motor Company would already begin the process of getting you a new MKZ....

One of the first things out of Lincolns mouth when I talked about getting a replacement was "we will honor our limited warranty" . This was not the dealer but someone from Lincoln customer support inquiring about my complains and issues. My vehicle was one month old and both the dealer and Lincoln were acting as if there was nothing they could do for me (replacement) when my car has had multiple problems ! We are not even close to having confidence in Ford or Lincoln at this point!

Edited by lowfatdog