2013/14 Escape Air/Bug Deflector

Escape'13

Does anyone have either the OEM or an aftermarket air/bug deflector installed on their 2013/14 Escapes?

If so, which one do you have and do you like it? Do you think it helps with keeping bugs off the windshield and stones from chipping the hood's paint?

Could you also post a picture?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had them before on other vehicles and didn't like them. Don't like the look and didn't notice any difference in performance.

Not a huge fan of the look either but I feel it's functional. Had a chip in my windshield within 2 months of getting the escape. Haven't had any issues since besides a big rock kicked up near Middletown that put a chip in the hood next to the "power bulge" on the drivers side

Looks are subjective, so some may like, some may not like a bug deflector. All my trucks have always had them. I prefer the look on a truck, while not so much on a car. But also like the functionality of them as well. They help a little with bugs, but as for rocks, I've never had a chipped/cracked window in any of my trucks due to rocks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

heres a picture of the AVS one i got from CARid for my Kuga, looks great and keeps bugs off my windshield and smaller stones away from the hood (not had any big rocks hit either yet, but not driven down any unmade roads either)

whoskug_001.jpg

What's the buldge under your driver's side headlight? Think I see it on the passenger side too. You have headlight washers over there in the UK?